International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
It’s always play on when it favours Penrith. Clear knock on from To’o there

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
You can pass the ball off the ground when you are getting dragged into touch. It happens all the time. Once a game lol can we not make up stuff because we hate the Panthers

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
You can pass the ball off the ground when you are getting dragged into touch. It happens all the time. Once a game lol can we not make up stuff because we hate the Panthers

The simpsons ralph wiggum

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
Well, we are now out of the top 8 and honestly after 15 rounds, we are in a bit of trouble. Two hard games coming up against Warriors and Penrith during origin time with injuries and suspensions, lose those games and we lose a stack of ground to a top 8 spot.

We then have a tough run home, we will really need somewhat of a miracle turn around to finish in the top 8 this year.

Top 4 is gone IMO.

You can lock in the current top 4 for a spot in the eight somewhere.

Cows still have 3 byes up their sleeve and an easy run with a lot of their games at home, so they should get one of those top eight spots.

Roosters will be there, so that leaves us fighting Dogs, Raiders, Sea Eagles, Warriors and maybe Dragons for the remaining two spots.

I guess to our advantage we are playing a lot of the teams now above us, so we still hold the key to our own destiny, we just have to find something on the field.

The last three poor losses have really hurt.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Well, we are now out of the top 8 and honestly after 15 rounds, we are in a bit of trouble. Two hard games coming up against Warriors and Penrith during origin time with injuries and suspensions, lose those games and we lose a stack of ground to a top 8 spot.

We then have a tough run home, we will really need somewhat of a miracle turn around to finish in the top 8 this year.

Top 4 is gone IMO.

You can lock in the current top 4 for a spot in the eight somewhere.

Cows still have 3 byes up their sleeve and an easy run with a lot of their games at home, so they should get one of those top eight spots.

Roosters will be there, so that leaves us fighting Dogs, Raiders, Sea Eagles, Warriors and maybe Dragons for the remaining two spots.

I guess to our advantage we are playing a lot of the teams now above us, so we still hold the key to our own destiny, we just have to find something on the field.

I agree with all of this, aside from the next fortnight and Storm in the last round, our draw is pretty easy on paper, considering what we've had in the past.

Having said that, of the 7 games between those two exceptions, I see us winning maybe only 3 or 4 at the rate we're currently going

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

This is why I kept saying before the season started that we had to start the season well because of how tough our Origin period is and how much it can **** us up if we didn't.

Unfortunately, we didn't have a good start to the season.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

You are not allowed to pass off the ground even if you're getting dragged into touch.

Once the ball or ball carrying arm touches the ground and players have a hold of you, you cannot pass. Passing the ball, even when you're being dragged into touch, is a penalty. There is no scenario where it is allowed. No such rule exists.

Just because it happens all the time because officials miss it, doesn't make it legal. Forward passes happen all the time, they aren't legal.

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
You are not allowed to pass off the ground even if you're getting dragged into touch.

Once the ball or ball carrying arm touches the ground and players have a hold of you, you cannot pass. Passing the ball, even when you're being dragged into touch, is a penalty. There is no scenario where it is allowed. No such rule exists.

Just because it happens all the time because officials miss it, doesn't make it legal. Forward passes happen all the time, they aren't legal.
They don't miss it because its been allowed since 1908. If your momentum is being dragged into touch you are allowed to throw the ball back in. I remember specifically being told this when I was a becoming a referee for about 15 seconds. That and you can have your feet out of play when younplaybthe ball near the sideline.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Astro
  • phoenix
  • Porthoz
  • Santa
  • FACTHUNT
  • Behold
  • Xzei
  • Kev_Guz
  • Strop
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.