CROSS FORUM NRL Round 16 Discussion

Warrior#214

NZWarriors
Ahhh I’m just happy 1 plays 4. 1 wins. But the Wahs with all the adversity of the 11 man Sitch didn’t disgrace themselves last week against 1. And we beat 4.
We’re in the mix!

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
I think he’s gonna get found out as he plays more nrl
I think the game has a role for someone with that much speed and agility, but he needs to work on his creativity to develop off that.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
The Storm have their ordinary moments, but very few teams are as competitive as them. The Dolphins refused to go away and gave themselves a real opportunity but Melbourne just kept turning up and did everything they could to deny the Dolphins.

Nice to see Howarth have a break out game. It almost came to nought when he had the ball stolen at the death but he finally had the type of performance I've been expecting since 2019.

May as well pencil Melbourne into a Top 4 spot. It's just a matter of who joins them and Penrith as the true contenders of 2024.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
IMO Madge should have got Wishart instead of Watson, but they fucked up having Robson over Api anyway.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
How does our depth get massacred in one season yet the Storm seemed to cope with losing 3 starting forwards and come out the other side better. Bellamy is just incredible tbh. So frustrating that they have no salary cap issues yet we’re being torn apart.

Ever Hopeful

NZWarriors
Crazy situation for the Dolphins with the independent doctor ordering a player off the field, but the sideline officials insisting it use up a Dolphins interchange. Especially when you've had a 3 man bench for 77 minutes.

SeaEagleRock8

Silvertails
Ever Hopeful - nzwarriors said:
Crazy situation for the Dolphins with the independent doctor ordering a player off the field, but the sideline officials insisting it use up a Dolphins interchange. Especially when you've had a 3 man bench for 77 minutes.
There are anomalies in how head injuries are dealt with, which isn't good enough considering the first version of a head bin came in back in 1987. However the medical understanding of head injuries - in particular the long term effects - has only permeated the NRL in more recent times.
One pet hate of mine is when some poor bloke is helped off the field after being knocked out cold, 10 minutes later the commentator reassures us, good news folks he's fine!
They should just say he's alive (!) and responsive, but I highly doubt he's 'fine'.

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
How does our depth get massacred in one season yet the Storm seemed to cope with losing 3 starting forwards and come out the other side better. Bellamy is just incredible tbh. So frustrating that they have no salary cap issues yet we’re being torn apart.
They're the best at finding depth players that can do a job when needed and giving them the tools to do their job. Most of our depth players unfortunately have no business being in the NRL.

Noitall

NZWarriors
Once Was Brissie Kid - Silvertails said:
Bunker seemed to ignore that the on field referee called it a try. There was imo not evidence to overturn the referee's call of try.
Funny that the only other occurrence of this I’ve seen this season was when we played the storm in round 2

Bay39er

NZWarriors
As I understood the situation the Phins didn’t display the HIA card when the player left the field

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
As I understood the situation the Phins didn’t display the HIA card when the player left the field

Yeah the Dolphins were the ones that messed it up there. They tried to get it overturned when they realized but the officials said no.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Lemuelu try. He's losing it, but did he lose it before it touches the ground. No separation and only lost when it hits the ground. I think it's a try by the rule book.

He has to have some downward pressure on the ball, even if it's only a little bit.

Even with the new interpretation with the grounding rules, this still applies.

There's no way he's got any downward pressure on the ball here. He's losing control of the ball and his hand is almost underneath the ball.

The bunker have been quite consistent calling these no try, even if it's given a try on the field.

I find that the players reaction says quite a bit about whether they think they grounded it correctly it or not. He doesn't protest about it going against him.

Vlcsnap 2024 06 22 14h08m49s694

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Our match with the Wahs next week will be a competition of who can drop the ball more

Unread

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Broncs1459
  • Dexter
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.