CROSS FORUM NRL Round 27 Discussion

If they do move Mitchell to centre which I think they should, what do you do with Wighton and Walker? To me, Walker has looked past it for a while now but with Dodd coming as well and Graham being so good when fit, if you stick with Gray at 1, something has to give.

Their forward pack is a concern but this backline is pretty good:

1. Gray
2. Munro
3. Graham
4. Mitchell
5. Johnston
6. Wighton
7. Dodd

Where does Walker go?
I can see Bennett opting for Wighton/Walker early on and transitioning Walker into the same role Benji played for him.

The key will be Trell and what Bennett decides to do with him. It really is a shame the way Latrell has acted because if he was less selfish there was every chance he'd be recognised as a club legend with the 2021 premiership. He'll be the main priority and if Bennett thinks he has to fullback, he'll stick him at fullback even when he clearly has issues with the position.

I doubt Bennett will stir the pot, but if Souths are to challenge, I don't think Johnston should be an automatic start. Bennett has always enjoyed a pre-season bolter, I'd be open to giving somebody like Mellars every opportunity to make his debut.

Who knows, if the NRL had common sense, next year they could expand the bench. That would solve some issues, not just for Souths but the competition in general.

"It's the effort, and his willingness to compete on the effort"
Paid football commentator Corey Parker, 2024

How is that not 10 in the bin?

That was late as.

Someone shut that fucking Bulldogs fan up.

Why wouldn't you challenge that?

That's a second error from Mahoney in his own half.

Shit kick Drinkwater

The Doggies are rattled.

Griffin Neame has been immense.

Cowboys right edge doing a great job containing Kikau.

Cowboys are killing them around the ruck so far.

Bombed try from Cowboys.

Oh that was fucking nice.

The out ball in ball. What a try Cowboys.

Kikau has been a complete passenger tonight. They have done their homework on him and caught him out there.

This cowboys team might be able to make a run if they can defend well in finals.

Why didn't Luki pass right?

Deadset bombed try.

Unread

Active Now

• Horseheadsup
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.