NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully this means Tedesco is on the move 😍

Souffs under a bit of salary cap pressure.... suddenly James Roberts wants to walk away from his deal hahahahahahaha surely this gets looked into... then again, it's souffs... how's inglis career ending injury going to go in Warrington I wonder...

Souffs under a bit of salary cap pressure.... suddenly James Roberts wants to walk away from his deal hahahahahahaha surely this gets looked into... then again, it's souffs... how's inglis career ending injury going to go in Warrington I wonder...
It won't be the first time Bennett has done some shifty things since he came to Souffs. Burgess and Inglis were "medically" retired as well.

It won't be the first time Bennett has done some shifty things since he came to Souffs. Burgess and Inglis were "medically" retired as well.

Didn't Inglis' money count on the cap for the next year though?

Only a third of it, since he was offered 300K for some job at the club if he retired.

Burgess was not counted at all the following year?
That's right, he 'medically' retired allowing Souths to pay him outside the cap although he would have been right to play from 2021 onwards.

That's right, he 'medically' retired allowing Souths to pay him outside the cap although he would have been right to play from 2021 onwards.

Lots of dodgy stuff going on at Souths it seems. Not limited to them though.

I doubt it, coaches will always get the players they want (as long as we can fit them under the cap).

Bennett got the players he wanted; Henjak got the players he wanted; Hook got the players he wanted; Seibold got the players he wanted ... nothing will change for Kevvie.

let's hope he has more success with Moga than he did with "fixing" Roberts
Ahhh, but he `gets' Roberts, don't you know.

Inglis was not medically retired. His injuries were not considered career ending but he “could no longer perform to his own standards”.

GI gave up remaining value of playing contract. His salary for new off-field role was included in Rabbitohs' cap

Mitchell's deal was only a one year deal then another year up to Souths if they took it.- they took it in June for '21.

Last edited:
Ahhh, but he `gets' Roberts, don't you know.

I think he does get Roberts tbh, but at the same time there is only so much you can do for some people, their issues go quite deep. I've got this feeling Roberts is going to end up at the Storm and will absolutely kill it there.

James Roberts’ time at South Sydney is set to come to end next week, with the centre expected to walk away from the last year of a lucrative contract.

There has been speculation that Roberts, 27, would quit his $550,000-a-year Rabbitohs deal for a number of months.

Ok so I guess we can just add another bias BS contract decision to the list of NSWRL favoritism... Basically indicating that Roberts would walk away from his contract for nothing, same as GI except he doesn't even have a cushy off field job lined up with Souths.

Last edited:
I think he does get Roberts tbh, but at the same time there is only so much you can do for some people, their issues go quite deep. I've got this feeling Roberts is going to end up at the Storm and will absolutely kill it there.
Just being a bit facetious Wolfie. I don't know about the Storm, I doubt that Roberts could handle Bellamy tbh. I think we may have seen the best of Roberts and he is well on the decline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mr Fourex
  • cento
  • BruiserMk1
  • Johnny92
  • bert_lifts
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mick_Hancock
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.