NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robert

Jimmy officially released by Souths on ‘compassionate grounds’

Didn't Titans do the same for Cartwright?

Annoying how nearly every other club can get their unwanted players to walk away from contracts yet ours are happy to stick around.

I reckon Jimmy is off to Melbourne, just a gut feeling and he will tear it up for 12 months until he goes off the rails again.

I miss Jimmy... genuinely great player to watch, despite the attitude.... I know he jumped ship ... but that was only because he thought Seibold was a tosser.... turns out Jimmy was right.

I miss Jimmy... genuinely great player to watch, despite the attitude.... I know he jumped ship ... but that was only because he thought Seibold was a tosser.... turns out Jimmy was right.

Yep, yep. Man he was great to watch every other game.

I don't see what you lot wanted the Titans to do when Cartwright straight up leaves to Sydney and doesn't honour his contract. Both players and coach were on record having no idea what his plans were or whether he was returning. If that ain't reason to shred his contract I don't know what is. If Bird moves to Sydney midseason un-injured and gives no return date do you honestly think the Broncos wouldn't cut him?

If you said Shannon Boyd, there might be an argument but I like to place my bias on it was the player requesting a release. I don't know what Robert's does now but in comparison it was well documented that S.Boyd wanted to go back to working on his family farm so money ain't an issue to him.

At the end of the day we lost Arrow to Burgess' 'retirement' so I'm going to enjoy them being gone regardless of whether it's dodgy. Don't hate the player hate the game as they say. Let me hate on South's BS without feeling like a hypocrite please.

I don't see what you lot wanted the Titans to do when Cartwright straight up leaves to Sydney and doesn't honour his contract. Both players and coach were on record having no idea what his plans were or whether he was returning. If that ain't reason to shred his contract I don't know what is. If Bird moves to Sydney midseason un-injured and gives no return date do you honestly think the Broncos wouldn't cut him?

If you said Shannon Boyd, there might be an argument but I like to place my bias on it was the player requesting a release. I don't know what Robert's does now but in comparison it was well documented that S.Boyd wanted to go back to working on his family farm so money ain't an issue to him.

At the end of the day we lost Arrow to Burgess' 'retirement' so I'm going to enjoy them being gone regardless of whether it's dodgy. Don't hate the player hate the game as they say. Let me hate on South's BS without feeling like a hypocrite please.

huh?

In short, I find comparing the Titans to Souths who have had players medically retired and the like a stretch.

Last edited:
Someone questioning if the titans were kissed on the dick in getting Cartwright off their books the same way souths were with Roberts.

Last edited:

No one was having a dig at the Titans. A poster mentioned something about Roberts getting released and I responded saying Cartwright got the same thing. If anything my response was to shut down potential conversation about special treatment.

There's no real conspiracy here just a genuine jealousy that some clubs can get their deadwood to walk away from contracts while ours stick around and stink up the place.

Last edited:
No one was having a dig at the Titans. A poster mentioned something about Roberts getting released and I responded saying Cartwright got the same thing.

There's no real conspiracy here just a genuine jealousy that certain clubs can get their deadwood to walk away from contracts while ours stick around and stink up the place.
Fair enough, Robert's was more out of the blue in my opinion but I do see your point. I thought we'd have them til the end. Yours do seem well and truly staying though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Waynesaurus
  • Brocko
  • Broncos Maestro
  • LittleDavey
  • mrslong
  • Jeza23
  • NSW stables
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • Browny
  • Sproj
  • mystico
  • Fitzy
  • Mick_Hancock
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.