NRL Rumour and Movements - 2021

The Don

QCup Player
Dean Ritchie has said that Mal Meninga has lodged a strong interest in Brandon Smith and he says that the Storm want either Tino Fa’asuamaleaui or Moeaki Fotuaika in return from granting Smith a release from his contract in 2022
week wife GIF

I bleed Maroon

State of Origin Captain
How’s the arrogance of the storm! Everyone just wait they’ll have to just let him go for free, **** them.

I mean, after they've been coddled by the NRL for so long, are you really surprised? Personally I think it reeks of resentment towards the Titans in particular....Almost as if the NRL has changed direction in terms of who they want to coddle going forward.

kooly87

NRL Player
Still no discussion in the media about tedescos contact size. Similar to what happened with keary and every roosters re-signing....... hmmm, I wonder why....
$750k a season while he's playing, $2.5 million a season when he's retired and they're suddenly spending the 'available' cap space.

Last edited:

Twbapony

QCup Player
True but the key plank of having a two tiered system is that it would also be televised. 2, 10 teams comp's means 10 games a weekend, a win for the broadcasters as more games, a win for the 2nd division as they get air time and can build a fan base, and the cost for running a 2nd division would be lower making expansion teams such as W.A, P.N.G and Fiji viable. It would also shatter the NRL monopoly and hopefully make the reffing standards better in 1st grade, as if we see consistently bad standard to tell a narrative in the main league, people would be able to switch over to a fairer called 2nd division.

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
Before they amended the articles to remove the amount I do remember reading $3.3Mil over 3 years.

And there are still other acticles prior to his resigning suggesting - "I think it will be a three-year extension to that deal. They are talking in the vicinity of upwards of $3 million dollars."

So yeah, now he has signed, that amount will keep going down until he leaves when it will return to higher than the original amount.

Wolfie

State of Origin Captain
Wtf has this Stephen Crichton done in the game for him to think he is worth $2.25 million over 3 years. Its utter madness. He has played 26 games and looked good in a pretty dominant side. If anyone pays that for him then Manu will be looking at double that when his next contract comes up because he is twice the player Crichton is.

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
Wtf has this Stephen Crichton done in the game for him to think he is worth $2.25 million over 3 years. Its utter madness. He has played 26 games and looked good in a pretty dominant side. If anyone pays that for him then Manu will be looking at double that when his next contract comes up because he is twice the player Crichton is.

Yeah but you know, Roosters. So he get paid peanuts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Billd0856

Members online

Twitter