NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss Jimmy... genuinely great player to watch, despite the attitude.... I know he jumped ship ... but that was only because he thought Seibold was a tosser.... turns out Jimmy was right.

does he think Bennett is a tosser too ... because he just jumped ship from Souths too.

Roberts left for one reason only ... because he thought he should be immune from the axe, ragardless of how poor his performances were

Last edited:
Any chance we are looking at Corey Allen, with South's looking to let him go? From what I read he is a popular fellow with both the coaches and players (sounds like the kind of bloke you want in a team).
I know he isn't the next billy Slater, but he would have to be in the picture to fix the fullback position and being let go as he has, he couldn't ask for too much.

Any chance we are looking at Corey Allen, with South's looking to let him go? From what I read he is a popular fellow with both the coaches and players (sounds like the kind of bloke you want in a team).
I know he isn't the next billy Slater, but he would have to be in the picture to fix the fullback position and being let go as he has, he couldn't ask for too much.
If we aren't looking at this very seriously then frankly we're delusional.

Last edited:
Has Roberts seen out any contract, Souths, Penrith, Titans, Broncos and Souths all released.

Sort of a pattern forming here.

Last edited:
Has Roberts seen out any contract, Souths, Penrith, Titans, Broncos and Souths all released.

when the going gets tough, jimmy gets going?

Couldn't believe there was talk of him going to England. He'd be back within 3 months tops.

Surely the more damning point is that Wayne Bennett, probably the greatest 'man manager' in the game today has had two goes at turning him around at two different clubs and come up basically emptyhanded on both occasions.

Surely the more damning point is that Wayne Bennett, probably the greatest 'man manager' in the game today has had two goes at turning him around at two different clubs and come up basically emptyhanded on both occasions.

He will end up playing for Grafton, having 30 beers every Saturday night and scoring 100 tries a season then retire and be one of those aren't you James Roberts type questions you ask at the pub.

I don't blame Souths at all, he's too much money just to be kicking around unhappy. If he wants to leave then fine. I doubt he will ever come back to hurt Souths.

Last edited:
He will end up playing for Grafton, having 30 beers every Saturday night and scoring 100 tries a season then retire and be one of those aren't you James Roberts type questions you ask at the pub.

I don't blame Souths at all, he's too much money just to be kicking around unhappy. If he wants to leave then fine. I doubt he will ever come back to hurt Souths.
I certainly wasn't blaming Souths either. It would be like trying to blame the Broncos. Some people just can't help themselves enough to ever really be helped by anyone else. I think if Wayne of all people couldn't get him right after two goes at it in two different environments then he's like to be beyond fixing.

I certainly wasn't blaming Souths either. It would be like trying to blame the Broncos. Some people just can't help themselves enough to ever really be helped by anyone else. I think if Wayne of all people couldn't get him right after two goes at it in two different environments then he's like to be beyond fixing.
I think he had some big issues in his life growing up. He has played first grade which he should be proud of. He seems to still be struggling with his life but he is still trying. I hope he finds a happy existence with or without football.

I think he had some big issues in his life growing up. He has played first grade which he should be proud of. He seems to still be struggling with his life but he is still trying. I hope he finds a happy existence with or without football.
Yeah don't get me wrong I'm not suggesting he's a bad person or anything like that and I fully accept that like many players he's probably not come from brilliant circumstances growing up so that only makes his achievements even more impressive. I'm simply saying that for a range of reasons he's probably not going to be able to sustain a career as an NRL footballer anymore if he's already had perhaps the best Coaching support in the game twice now and still not managed to find himself a way to make it all click together long term.

Last edited:
Yeah don't get me wrong I'm not suggesting he's a bad person or anything like that and I fully accept that like many players he's probably not come from brilliant circumstances growing up so that only makes his achievements even more impressive. I'm simply saying that for a range of reasons he's probably not going to be able to sustain a career as an NRL footballer anymore if he's already had perhaps the best Coaching support in the game twice now and still not managed to find himself a way to make it all click together long term.
Yes. I wasn't implying that. Sorry if it came across that way. I agree his career may be over.

It's really only interesting because the Knights are overflowing with spine options so if Green is staying and starting then they will have guys who are going to miss out.

Mann was excellent for them at 5/8 all year, not to mention they also have Crossland behind him too, and all of that is before you consider that they still have to work out where to play Connor Watson, because with Brailey fit and healthy next year they won't likely need Watson at Dummy Half.

Does make you wonder if the Pearce to the Roosters rumours have any substance to them.

It's really only interesting because the Knights are overflowing with spine options so if Green is staying and starting then they will have guys who are going to miss out.

Mann was excellent for them at 5/8 all year, not to mention they also have Crossland behind him too, and all of that is before you consider that they still have to work out where to play Connor Watson, because with Brailey fit and healthy next year they won't likely need Watson at Dummy Half.

Does make you wonder if the Pearce to the Roosters rumours have any substance to them.

They have lost out on clifford, could be the motivation behind it.

How long ago did Green do his ACL??

I think dogs were happy to be out of it tbh... he basically did his ACL the week before they signed him.

What is interesting (at least to me) is that the apparent backflip is also related to becoming an assistant coach after he retires. Is that not promising an off field role as part of playing for them (ie. effectively offering Green guaranteed money outside of the salary cap)??

Likely that they haven't been as stupid as the tigers who literally put it into Robbie's contract, but I don't recall Green formally announcing his retirement at the end of 2021, yet they're rumoured to be offering him a coaching role as part of him staying with the knights.
🤔🤔🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Morkel
  • HarryAllan7
  • Bish
  • Old Mate
  • Morepudding
  • RolledOates
  • Allo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fatboy
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.