NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATay and ARey together? (Someone is going to blow their top hehe)

If we could make that happen i would be over the moon.

ARey should obviously be priority 1.

but him mentoring Taylor would be excellent for Taylor and Excellent for us in the future

I'd be happy with
1. Staggs
6. Milford ($400k)
7. A. Reynolds
Then hunt around for a class 9 coming off contract over the next year or so.

I would be happy with this too, there I said it.

I'd be happy with
1. Staggs
6. Milford ($400k)
7. A. Reynolds
Then hunt around for a class 9 coming off contract over the next year or so.
That would be interesting. I dunno if Staggs played fullback, but I'd have more faith in him there than in the halves.

1 Hynes
6 Drinkwater
7 A Reynolds

That would be the dream. I'd be okay with letting go of Staggs if it meant a quality 9 too.

Nothing wrong with the idea of Taylor returning. He's been going far better than Milford for the past 12 months. He's a much more complete package now. He's been playing for a bottom dwelling team for a long time and he's not been solely responsible for the position the Titans found themselves in. I like Taylor a lot. We would definitely be a better team with him and even Croft as a partner.

I'm probably one of Taylor's biggest fans, and although it'd suck seeing him leave, I would really love to see if he could go back to being a 7 for you guys. I feel like having Fogarty take over most of the kicking has taken away from one of his better attributes and hence as a 6 he's just not as complete of a player as he used to be. Even his short kicking game which had him leading try assists often, has gone missing in recent years. Don't get me wrong he obviously needed it at the time, but it would be great now he's got some confidence and a better side, if he could go back to that game-managing half as he offers way more than Fogarty.

I just can't see you risking it though unless you missed out on the current frontrunners.

I'm probably one of Taylor's biggest fans, and although it'd suck seeing him leave, I would really love to see if he could go back to being a 7 for you guys. I feel like having Fogarty take over most of the kicking has taken away from one of his better attributes and hence as a 6 he's just not as complete of a player as he used to be. Even his short kicking game which had him leading try assists often, has gone missing in recent years. Don't get me wrong he obviously needed it at the time, but it would be great now he's got some confidence and a better side, if he could go back to that game-managing half as he offers way more than Fogarty.

I just can't see you risking it though unless you missed out on the current frontrunners.

Your last sentence is EXTREMELY likely to happen, you know the state of our management don't you?

Mmm, good thoughts there. I think KW isn't as down on Taylor as some are around bhq . I really don't want the club spashing 1.2 pa on anyone now that CS9 is retired. I'd be pleased if we got Taylor somewhere in between 500 to 750 pa to play halfback. On here every good game he's played is viewed as an aberration and many seem to think he isn't even first grade standard.

I think he's started to mature and behind a good pack and with a serviceable 9 and 6 he'd do a good job for us. Anyway, none of it's in my hands so I will see what's next. I don't see the point in getting too upset. I've learned what the cellar smells like and cannot wait to get back upstairs!

Mmm, good thoughts there. I think KW isn't as down on Taylor as some are around bhq . I really don't want the club spashing 1.2 pa on anyone now that CS9 is retired. I'd be pleased if we got Taylor somewhere in between 500 to 750 pa to play halfback. On here every good game he's played is viewed as an aberration and many seem to think he isn't even first grade standard.

I think he's started to mature and behind a good pack and with a serviceable 9 and 6 he'd do a good job for us. Anyway, none of it's in my hands so I will see what's next. I don't see the point in getting too upset. I've learned what the cellar smells like and cannot wait to get back upstairs!

I'd be very happy to bring him on board to be halfback at the price you've mentioned and I reckon we could get him for that for sure. That would leave us spare money that would be wasted on Reynolds and used elsewhere. Like, I reckon we could get Taylor AND Capewell for the price it would likely cost to get just Reynolds.

I'd be surprised if you had to go above 500. I just don't get the sense we're doing too much to resign him. I'd hope we'd give 400-500k but who knows. He does cop a lot of flak because of the salary, on more modest coin I'd see him as a quality player.

I actually think Tanah Boyd would be a handy back-up signing for the Broncos. He's the style of half the fans have been calling out for: a hands on player who does the majority of the kicking and isn't afraid to back his skills. He doesn't quite have the poise of Dearden but I think now that he's getting consistent QCup experience in his desired position he's developing into a handy player.

I actually think Tanah Boyd would be a handy back-up signing for the Broncos. He's the style of half the fans have been calling out for: a hands on player who does the majority of the kicking and isn't afraid to back his skills. He doesn't quite have the poise of Dearden but I think now that he's getting consistent QCup experience in his desired position he's developing into a handy player.
Sorry @Big Pete but if Boyd 'doesn't quite have the poise of Dearden' he must be sitting on the negative scale as I'm not sure I've ever seen Tommy exhibit poise in any of the games I've seen (ISC and NRL).

It's not that I don't rate T.Boyd, he has had some decent moments and hasn't done much wrong when at half for us. Just from what I've been told, Sexton has been outplaying him in QCUP and looked better in our trial when we had the 'second team' on.

Sorry @Big Pete but if Boyd 'doesn't quite have the poise of Dearden' he must be sitting on the negative scale as I'm not sure I've ever seen Tommy exhibit poise in any of the games I've seen (ISC and NRL).
I thought he demonstrated it in his ISC debut for Wynnum and in the season opener against Burleigh. Just some very classy plays and good positioning at key moments. It hasn't quite translated yet in first grade but given what's been happening behind the scenes it's understandable why it hasn't occurred yet.
It's not that I don't rate T.Boyd, he has had some decent moments and hasn't done much wrong when at half for us. Just from what I've been told, Sexton has been outplaying him in QCUP and looked better in our trial when we had the 'second team' on.
It wouldn't be a loss for the Gold Coast but it would be an upgrade on the current options at the club.

Honestly I would be looking to get Taylor back on a small deal if Reynolds falls through. Let him focus on kicking and game management without the pressure of the million dollar contract. I have often wonder how Taylor would have gone if he didn’t get that huge contract and stayed in Brisbane.

1. Hynes/Drinkwater/Cobbo
6. Staggs
7. Taylor

I like it.

I think there is too much risk associated with bringing Taylor in as a game managing half.

He hasn't done it for like 2-3yrs and the last time he was required to do it he went on a downward spiral, lost confidence, dropped to reserve grade and was probably close to giving the game away.

There is a massive risk as to whether he can actually do it again, in a basket case of a team, and can he do it over several years.

If we're spending money on recruits they need to be known commodities rather than project players and potential.

It's why people on the forum want Reynolds, Capewell, Opa, etc. you know what you're getting so you know what you're paying for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Old Mate
  • Bish
  • Galah
  • Culhwch
  • Mister Wright
  • Jedhead
  • Behind enemy lines
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.