13. Tarryn Aiken

14. Annette Brander
15. Romy Teitzel
16. Shannon Mato
17. Chante Temara

18. Tyler Birch
19. Zara Canfield
20. Nakita Sao

Gould and Paris-Hall out, Brigginshaw and Aiken switch back to half and lock. Brown to hooker, Ciesiolka starts on the wing. Teitzel and Temara to debut off the bench

Roosters.
1. Charlotte Caslick
2. Shanice Parker
3. Brydie Parker
4. Bobbi Law
5. Taleena Simon
6. Corban McGregor
7. Melanie Howard
8. Amelia Mafi
9. Nita Maynard
10. Filomina Hanisi
11. Yasmin Meakes
12. Sarah Togatuki
13. Kennedy Cherrington

14. Quincy Dodd
15. Kaitlyn Phillips
16. Vanessa Foliaki
17. Jocelyn Kelleher

18. Zehara Temara
19. Simaima Taufa
20. Hannah Southwell
21. Grace Hamilton

Temara, Taufa and Southwell all rested, but named 18-20

Dead rubber for us as we’ll be playing the Roosters again next week in the Grand Final

Last edited:
Team list

1. Tamika Upton
2. Shenae Ciesiolka
3. Julia Robinson
4. Jayme Fressard
5. Meg Ward
6. Raecene McGregor
7. Ali Brigginshaw
8. Millie Boyle
9. Lauren Brown
10. Chelsea Lenarduzzi
11. Tallisha Harden
12. Jessika Elliston
13. Tarryn Aiken

14. Annette Brander
15. Romy Teitzel
16. Shannon Mato
17. Chante Temara

18. Tyler Birch
19. Zara Canfield
20. Nakita Sao

Gould and Paris-Hall out, Brigginshaw and Aiken switch back to half and lock. Brown to hooker, Ciesiolka starts on the wing. Teitzel to debut off the bench

Roosters.
1. Charlotte Caslick
2. Shanice Parker
3. Brydie Parker
4. Bobbi Law
5. Taleena Simon
6. Corban McGregor
7. Melanie Howard
8. Amelia Mafi
9. Nita Maynard
10. Filomina Hanisi
11. Yasmin Meakes
12. Sarah Togatuki
13. Kennedy Cherrington

14. Quincy Dodd
15. Kaitlyn Phillips
16. Vanessa Foliaki
17. Jocelyn Kelleher

18. Zehara Temara
19. Simaima Taufa
20. Hannah Southwell
21. Grace Hamilton

Temara, Taufa and Southwell all rested, but named 18-20

Dead rubber for us as we’ll be playing the Roosters again next week in the Grand Final

How would you approach this game, go hard and risk injuries or tank to give the roosters some complacency for next week?

Gould is a loss, they look a much better team both attack and defensively with her on the field, but given the injury she picked up last week, probably handy to take the week off as next week is the big game.

How would you approach this game, go hard and risk injuries or tank to give the roosters some complacency for next week?

I'm not sure, a middle ground perhaps. Try and cruise while still trying to win. Last week was a bit brutal, so I think minimising risk is ideal considering how fragile everyone is. They've rested their 3 most important players, so that's a risk too in a sense.

Having said that, we don't want to give them any confidence and slowing down form our side could carry into next week as well.

It's a tough line to walk.

At the least, just belt the shit out of Caslick (legally of course)

I just hope Ali has had her flu shot ... because if she sneezes, the NRL will rub her out of the GF

Don't bother with getting in a physical grind like last week. Doesn't bother me if we drop another game - no injuries, lots of variety in attack is what I'm looking forward to. Sharpen the attack for next week, the defence is ready.

I just hope Ali has had her flu shot ... because if she sneezes, the NRL will rub her out of the GF
I thought they may have rested her for that reason, and not let the roosters get a good look at the 3 playmaker style they are playing at the moment.

I thought they may have rested her for that reason, and not let the roosters get a good look at the 3 playmaker style they are playing at the moment.

3 playmaker style.... that just does not compute with the men’s team.

giphy.gif

Gould is a loss, they look a much better team both attack and defensively with her on the field, but given the injury she picked up last week, probably handy to take the week off as next week is the big game.

She really is, and I’ve underrated her a little tbh. She’s been fantastic, and I love the extravagant fake out-dummy passes she makes to a charging forward.

On the plus side is getting more time into Brown at hooker as she’s played there every game in that 3rd quarter, and you can definitely tell that Vinny isn’t there.

Brown has done well there for her experience , but it’s obvious when Gould isn’t on the field and we can’t afford a significant drop off next week.

That is a big relief honestly - I think she was just about to put her mark on this year’s comp.

Still can’t be complacent with their big 3 back for the GF. Have to keep an eye on Corban too - she’s been quiet

That is a big relief honestly - I think she was just about to put her mark on this year’s comp.

Still can’t be complacent with their big 3 back for the GF. Have to keep an eye on Corban too - she’s been quiet
Eliza green and caslick have been great but the union girls all round have hardly been world beaters like every one said they would be.
I'd take brigginshaw over every union 7s player so far combined.
And on the other topic above, gould has been great but I actually think it shows more about how unbelievable brigginshaw is. She was a massive reason Brealey won dally m and is a massive reason our forward pack is always on the front foot. She makes everyone aro uhnd her better. A fan from another team said it the other day, if there was female immortals she would be a shoe-in regardless she doesn't get the over hype of the nsw based girls

Eliza green and caslick have been great but the union girls all round have hardly been world beaters like every one said they would be.
And on the other topic above, gould has been great but I actually think it shows more about how unbelievable brigginshaw is. She was a massive reason Brealey won dally m and is a massive reason our forward pack is always on the front foot. She makes everyone aro uhnd her better. A fan from another team said it the other day, if there was female immortals she would be a shoe-in regardless she doesn't get the over hype of the nsw based girls

I agree in a sense, but the 7s girls have added to every squad, but the problem is outside of Loz Brown, they’ve been made a focal point of each team.

Brown has been really good for us and may show her true worth this week but also is possibly the least important relatively speaking.

The Roosters are possibly close to us this year but still don’t have the quality across the park to get the most out of Caslick, Warriors even less so with Green and Pelite.

If this was the 9s comp obviously they’d be tearing it up.

You’re not wrong about Ali - she’s the rising tide that raises all ships.

one union player I have been impressed with (and pleasantly surprised as she's a forward) is Millie Boyle. As a flanker playing prop, she has been fantastic for us and looks incredibly fit. Her carries have been impressive, she tackles well, and she isn't afraid of a little blood. I agree about Briggenshaw though.
For that matter, Upton has been fantastic as well and has just exploded this year. She doesn't just run either but has a decent pass.
I just wish the girls played 2 rounds at least so you could see the teams develop as they play. The warriors looked like they were just hitting their straps.

one union player I have been impressed with (and pleasantly surprised as she's a forward) is Millie Boyle. As a flanker playing prop, she has been fantastic for us and looks incredibly fit. Her carries have been impressive, she tackles well, and she isn't afraid of a little blood. I agree about Briggenshaw though.
For that matter, Upton has been fantastic as well and has just exploded this year. She doesn't just run either but has a decent pass.
I just wish the girls played 2 rounds at least so you could see the teams develop as they play. The warriors looked like they were just hitting their straps.

And that was going to be the plan this season until COVID. Since then, they had to fit a reduced local competition in, Holcim Cup ran for 6 weeks, during which the border was got closed so some of the Burleigh and Tweed girls had to temporarily move, and in the case of our players, in with others ahead of the NRLW bubble.

Couple that with them not being well financed and we’ve seen every season players pulling out due to work commitments, so doing even a month-long bubble was too much for some (Baker, Breayley and Rona Peters are notable absentees this season)

Hopefully next year they can make it a 6 round competition plus 2 weeks of finals with a 2v3 preliminary, winner vs 1 GF. That will also help cover the spread of players, and allow slightly larger squads to accommodate injuries like we saw with the Dragons only fielding 16 last week.

Warriors have gone well considering, although to be fair Pelite and Green have done about 80% of their points for them, and they may not be able to access them next season, but also they’ll get the rest of their regular team back so it goes both ways.

Upton has been fantastic, and nearly took Ali’s medal off her

I wouldn't mind seeing some of our girls go over to Rugby 7's and get to play in the Olympic games next year. Rugby should definitely be looking at the NRLW as a breeding ground for quality athletes. (In an ideal world Rugby League would be an Olympic sport, but that's an argument for another day)

I wouldn't mind seeing some of our girls go over to Rugby 7's and get to play in the Olympic games next year. Rugby should definitely be looking at the NRLW as a breeding ground for quality athletes. (In an ideal world Rugby League would be an Olympic sport, but that's an argument for another day)

If by ideal world, you mean everything about rugby league was different, then sure. Rugby Union is far more internationally competitive (particularly when it comes to 7s) than rugby league could ever dream of being.

Rugby league isn't even really a NATIONAL game in any country other than PNG.

If by ideal world, you mean everything about rugby league was different, then sure. Rugby Union is far more internationally competitive (particularly when it comes to 7s) than rugby league could ever dream of being.

Rugby league isn't even really a NATIONAL game in any country other than PNG.
Yep, that’s what I mean by ideal world 😬
And that’s why I absolutely think our best players should give Rugby a crack To get to the Olympics.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.