Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

2 lazy defensive efforts are all the warriors managed to score off. I don’t even wanna mention the fucking refs

Baker bares a lot of the blame. Very costly error in the first half off the back of a really good defensive set from the Broncos. Touching the ball and letting it to dead and then having to defend another 2-3 sets leading to the second warriors try. Missed both kicks, one from basically in front.
[automerge]1569659659[/automerge]
Refs were poor though as well. Every 50-50 seemed to go against the Broncos.

Last edited:
First loss in NRLW history and naturally it's shrouded in controversy. The Warriors were deserved victors, but it appeared Pilley had come up with a sensational play to strip the ball, only for the referee to call held a fraction of a second before she took the ball.

I only caught the last twenty minutes or so, but I thought it was pretty even. Brisbane didn't die wondering, but they just kept letting the Warriors off the hook either with bad last tackle plays or poor defensive efforts. There were a couple of half chances they should have executed better, but the pressure of the situation got the better of them.

Brisbane will still be there next week and now it's just a matter of whether it'll be against the Warriors or Dragons.

The use of the interchange was terrible. Lenarduzzi only got 20 minutes. Her second stint was the final two minutes. Our zippy bench hooker only got 7 minutes, and didn't even come onto the field when Gould was subbed off. We had to suffer through 15 minutes of Rona Peters at dummy half instead (one of my favourite players, but less of a hooker than Sam Thaiday). Amber Pilley was robbed of a match winning call by a referee deciding to double down on terrible stripping calls but she was a total liability out there on defense tonight.

Only checked in occasionally, will update thoughts tonight after I’ve watched the game.

Saw that pathetic attempt at a tackle from Lenarduzzi on Nuuasala. A loss had to happen, but certainly not because we were outplayed

WTF were the refs thinking? That tackle call literally cost the game.

But, enough to learn from and they can have confidence that whilst not even playing their best game, they still should have won.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Browny
  • Skathen
  • Broncosgirl
  • johnny plath
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Morkel
  • Alec
  • Nerd
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Tmac
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Bish
  • mystico
  • Adammacca
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.