NSW Number 7

M

mal

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Who do you tip as the NSW number 7? Everyone is talking Wallace, but I dunno.

I don't know what was said as the telly was on mute, but at the gym last night I saw on channel 10 news a story with the headline 'ready for origin' and they were talking about Mitchell Pearce. Anyone know if they are seriously considering him??

Prefer it not to be Wallace from a greedy Broncos point of view, but from a Qld point of view............who cares who they pick it's NSW [icon_evillaugh

I don't think wallace should be considered for Origin, I don't think he's ready. If NSW select him I think that will help QLD's chances.

Surely NSW learnt their lesson last year with Mullen that to put a Rookie in SOO is a bad decision? If they are smart they'll go with Kimmorley who played pretty well last year all things considered. As a QLDer I hope they pick Orful [icon_evillaugh

We need someone experienced so I would be happy with Kimmorley.

If they do pick a rookie (Pearce, Wallace etc), I hope they show a little more faith and pick them for the series regardless of the first game result. What they did to Mullen last year was pretty ordinary. He had been talked up so much, and while he didn't have a shocker, he didn't live up to all the hype, so they ditch him for the rest of the series. Way to ruin a young kids confidence. Build it up, and then tear him back down again.

If you believe channel 9, Pearce is the second best halfback ever to play the game. Let's hope they pick him.

mrslong said:
Surely NSW learnt their lesson last year with Mullen that to put a Rookie in SOO is a bad decision?

Gotta come from somewhere. Kimmorley/Orford are about the only rep-experienced halves NSW has to choose from. And Finch, of course.

Can't see any reason, however, why they shouldn't go Kimmorley. He looks a much more relaxed player this year, for some reason.

Kimmorley should be it. If not him, then Finch. Orford chokes under pressure worse than Jenna Jameson at the start of her career.

I thought Farah was the favourite for it though...

mick! said:
mrslong said:
Surely NSW learnt their lesson last year with Mullen that to put a Rookie in SOO is a bad decision?

Gotta come from somewhere. Kimmorley/Orford are about the only rep-experienced halves NSW has to choose from. And Finch, of course.

Can't see any reason, however, why they shouldn't go Kimmorley. He looks a much more relaxed player this year, for some reason.
Yes, definitely - a rookie who has never played Origin (ie orford), but not a Rookie by NRL standards that has only played a handful of NRL matches.

Bronco_for_life said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
Has to be orford
Yeah, It would have to be Orford, He has lots of experience and can turn a game around
After tonights performance I hope it's Orford. QLD will kill them.

Clintos said:
Bronco_for_life said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
Has to be orford
Yeah, It would have to be Orford, He has lots of experience and can turn a game around
After tonights performance I hope it's Orford. QLD will kill them.

LOL no thanks.

I hope we pick Finch or Kimmorley!

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Morkel
  • Bish
  • Dash
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • ivanhungryjak
  • HarryAllan7
  • Old Mate
  • Morepudding
  • RolledOates
  • Allo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fatboy
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.