Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
377010017f7bcddf066ce18e0ebf9b43

Broncos matchwinner Corey Oates still no certainty to stay with Brisbane

June 17, 2018

Source: Courier Mail

Last edited by a moderator:
What a BS article...

Badel is using the fact that negotiations haven't taken place, to suggest that Oates could leave...

This despite the fact that Oates himself says he can't even start negotiations for another 2 months until he severs tier with his management

The definition of click bait

We have a man that is perfectly suitable for that job, his name is Wayne Bennett.
Would rather he coach the side instead of spending to much time squashing media rumors and responding to media articles.

What a BS article...

Badel is using the fact that negotiations haven't taken place, to suggest that Oates could leave...

This despite the fact that Oates himself says he can't even start negotiations for another 2 months until he severs tier with his management

The definition of click bait

Thought it was pretty logical for a change and the quotes back up the headline.

Uncertain to be here- Oates- don't know if i'l be here.

Oates wants to change to his father in law big Geno as his manager.

If they don't sign him, there needs to be an investigation into whats gone wrong at this club

I'm keen for him to sign for us again, but dont want him to hold us to ransome for a backrow spot.

If they lose him, they are idiots. There was no need to sign Bird and he may well cost Oates + Arrow + whoever else, that is just a stupid decision.

Regardless, this article's headline is extremely misleading. Honest would have been a far better word choice than brutal, it just doesn't make any sense other than to get clicks.

If they don't sign him, there needs to be an investigation into whats gone wrong at this club

Its called a salary cap. The offers for a few players like TPJ, Lodge, Sua and Isaako are going to be coming in thick and fast

Its called a salary cap. The offers for a few players like TPJ, Lodge, Sua and Isaako are going to be coming in thick and fast

all of which will require decent upgrades

TPJ - Keep
Su'A - Keep
Lodge - Try to keep but expendable
Isaako - Keep

Bird - Punt
Boyd - Retire

That's the solution

Let me know when you want to deal in the real world where you cant just punt a player because you have found someone better immediately. I mean, what player would want to sign with our club if he was expendable at all times to getting sacked if someone comes along who is better for that year?

Let me know when you want to deal in the real world where you cant just punt a player because you have found someone better immediately. I mean, what player would want to sign with our club if he was expendable at all times to getting sacked if someone comes along who is better for that year?

Your first sentence is not true, sure the Broncs will have to pay some of his wage but even if another team takes up half his salary, that's 350k+ extra to help retain the kids, that may just be what's needed.

Your second sentence is a great way of making my point sound far less valid than it is and if I were a poster who often goes on about punting blokes for other kids because they jumped or ran nicely once, it would make sense...except I'm not. I've also been vocally against the Bird signing from day one, so not even bandwagoning either.

And if you think Bird has been a good return on a bad investment opportunity in the first place, well good on you, that's your choice. Regardless, his salary could be far better used on other players as it could have been before the Broncs signed him in the first place. If he effectively only costs Oates, it is a stupid decision...except it isn't only Oates he would have cost.

You’d think if he’d been playing in the forwards this season, and been doing a semi-decent job, he’d have been a shot at Origin. In reality the Broncos wouldn’t have been able to give him much time in the forwards even if they wanted to, such has been the rise of TPJ, Su’a, JoO etc, but you wonder if it’s still grinding in the back of Oates’ mind what might have been if he’d been playing for someone else in the forwards.

Active Now

• Spoon
  • john1420
  • Ondi
  • Manofoneway
  • levikaden
  • Fitzy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Santa
  • Tim K
  • BruiserMk1
  • Financeguy
  • thenry
  • Jason Simmons
  • RolledOates
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mister Wright
  • Griffo
  • Skyblues87
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.