Obscure Sports Thread

Sproj

Sproj

International Captain
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Well, let's see how this thread goes. Basically what obscure / random / lesser known sport are you into?

Obviously I am a fan of curling but this is one of many obscure sports I'm into including Cyclocross, Hot Dog Eating and so on.

So what floats your dragon boat? Let's talk about it, who knows, you might get me and others into it as well!

Jellas Marble racing isn't half bad when you've got an office competition going.

Back when offices were also a thing, I guess!

Not exactly obscure but I've been digging the Sumo wrestling lately.

Nope. NHK World on Foxtel shows it.
Oo ill have to check that out,i generally see it come up on youtube on the weekends and oddly those marble racing ones where they have teams of marbles... my algorithm is messed up.

World athletics cross country championship on Viceland.

Just tuned in at the end of the women's senior race. Drama as the leader was overtaken just before the finish line. She then collapsed and ended up finishing a minute after the leader in fourth. Ouch.

Has anyone been watching the world darts championship? This final is epic.

Has the oldest looking 16 year old in the world competing in it, he's a freak.

Has anyone been watching the world darts championship? This final is epic.

Has the oldest looking 16 year old in the world competing in it, he's a freak.
I've watched his last few games. Dude looks like he was born and raised in a pub.

On the topic of obscure sports, a good podcast recommendation is sports bizarre with Mick Molloy and Titus O’Reilly. They delve into some weird stories from popular sports, but also some of the obscure sports themselves.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Mustafur
  • leon.bott
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.