Offer Milford to Cowboys for rest of year

D

davidp

BRL Player
May 15, 2015
Cowboys will need a new playmaker when Morgan is medically retired and they said they were interested.

This would move him on now and give him some security by signing multiple years with Cowboys.

I know it leaves us short in the halves, but nobody is winning with the continual movement of the halves, and the obvious distrust in Milfs defence.

If we do this, then we have options of Dearden, Croft, Turner?, Asiata, Staggs (upon return) and QLD cup (Hunt???) for remainder of the year. It obviously is not the best for this year, but Dearden is not able to take control of the team whilst continually being overcalled by Milf. We obviously save money this year and see what can happen and where we are missing for remainder of the year.

Interested in thoughts

DP

Do it. On the basis that the cowboys take his full salary. Not paying a cent to them!
They could kick a bit in to sweeten the deal. It’s only for the rest of this year I think?
Get it done Kevvie!

Never liked the cowpats so I'd say yes, it'd be a great way to kick them in the guts and you never know Milford might go even worse there. It'd be a fitting reward if Milford played reserves in Cairns after being dropped from the cowpats.

Unless the NRL starts offering bonus competition points to clubs that spend a million less than the salary cap, this is a terrible idea.

Vague hopes that we might be able to snag someone who'll break their contract early isn't enough to cast aside Milford, no matter how poorly he's playing.

Unless the NRL starts offering bonus competition points to clubs that spend a million less than the salary cap, this is a terrible idea.

Vague hopes that we might be able to snag someone who'll break their contract early isn't enough to cast aside Milford, no matter how poorly he's playing.
Roosters would start every season on 10 points no doubt.

Cowboys will need a new playmaker when Morgan is medically retired and they said they were interested.

This would move him on now and give him some security by signing multiple years with Cowboys.

I know it leaves us short in the halves, but nobody is winning with the continual movement of the halves, and the obvious distrust in Milfs defence.

If we do this, then we have options of Dearden, Croft, Turner?, Asiata, Staggs (upon return) and QLD cup (Hunt???) for remainder of the year. It obviously is not the best for this year, but Dearden is not able to take control of the team whilst continually being overcalled by Milf. We obviously save money this year and see what can happen and where we are missing for remainder of the year.

Interested in thoughts

DP
Id give them Milf for Moose in a straight swap. I.e. they pick up Milf's tab and we pick up Moose's. Even if we get a season out of him he'll drive the young bucks on.

Milford for Drink Stinkwater

happy will ferrell GIF

Interested in thoughts

DP

2 rookie halves, an underperforming hooker, a FB without footy smarts and nobody with a decent kicking game kick? Great spine. We'll play every team into form. And our confidence will plummet even further.

Dearden take control of the team without any true leader? Hahaha. Maybe in a few years. Aside from which, he and Croft play pretty much the same style of footie.

See what happens at season's end, then get Reynolds. Until then, settle on a halves combination ASAP and get other combinations working, like on the edges, which is not easy given Glenn the plodder.

2 rookie halves, an underperforming hooker, a FB without footy smarts and nobody with a decent kicking game kick? Great spine. We'll play every team into form. And our confidence will plummet even further.

Dearden take control of the team without any true leader? Hahaha. Maybe in a few years. Aside from which, he and Croft play pretty much the same style of footie.

See what happens at season's end, then get Reynolds. Until then, settle on a halves combination ASAP and get other combinations working, like on the edges, which is not easy given Glenn the plodder.

To me Glenn is the easiest problem to solve. I could be wrong but I think Riki prefers the left side, and TPJ can slot straight in on the right. Glenn can go to the bench in place d Teo and as centre coverage. If a bench hooker is really out of the plans than Glenn can give Turpin a 10 minute break too if needed. The only issue is captain but he isn’t doing anything at the moment anyway so just pull a name out of a hat - Turpin, Carrigan, Mead who cares

To me Glenn is the easiest problem to solve. I could be wrong but I think Riki prefers the left side, and TPJ can slot straight in on the right. Glenn can go to the bench in place d Teo and as centre coverage. If a bench hooker is really out of the plans than Glenn can give Turpin a 10 minute break too if needed. The only issue is captain but he isn’t doing anything at the moment anyway so just pull a name out of a hat - Turpin, Carrigan, Mead who cares

Agree 100%. But try convincing Walters of that. Highly unlikely.

Are you sure you're a Broncos supporter? You make way too much sense for anyone connected to the club.

Do it. On the basis that the cowboys take his full salary. Not paying a cent to them!
Well it really doesn’t matter we have almost payed half his contract for the year all ready and he has done **** all it just gives us an excuse not to resign him and he gets to secure a contract elsewhere

Unread

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Battler
  • Mustafur
  • Allo
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • Organix
  • ThomasovPreaf
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.