Offer Milford to Cowboys for rest of year

To me Glenn is the easiest problem to solve. I could be wrong but I think Riki prefers the left side, and TPJ can slot straight in on the right. Glenn can go to the bench in place d Teo and as centre coverage. If a bench hooker is really out of the plans than Glenn can give Turpin a 10 minute break too if needed. The only issue is captain but he isn’t doing anything at the moment anyway so just pull a name out of a hat - Turpin, Carrigan, Mead who cares
TPJ can play left side, he has a left hand carry and has played there before. In Kotoni's debut he played left side and delivered a perfect offload for him to run away and score.

Pretty sure he was only ever playing right side, because for whatever reason Fifita wanted to keep playing left side... and still does!!

Piakura is also left side so I think there are plenty of Glenn replacement options.

Milf for a decent low k ex dealership ute. We know what we got.
the only Cowboys forward I would consider would be JT. I am not that interested in a swap deal, as I do not think Drinkwater is what we need. Prefer to let Milf walk and free a spot.

Either bring in Hunt or keep an eye out for mid season form player to bring in.

Either way, we save good coin, and create the foundation that NO-ONE should get away with mediocrity.

the rest of the team would take notice of what we are doing

If Staggs to 5/8 is correct then lets work towards this.

Milf is NOT the future - time to go

DP

the only Cowboys forward I would consider would be JT. I am not that interested in a swap deal, as I do not think Drinkwater is what we need. Prefer to let Milf walk and free a spot.

Either way, we save good coin, and create the foundation that NO-ONE should get away with mediocrity.

DP

I’m also not a fan of Drinkwater, he isn’t dynamic enough and would likely come at to high a price. Plus I want to give Farnworth a shot there and if he doesn’t work out, he can go back to centre and then by 2023, hopefully at least Cobbo is ready.

DP
So why is a club letting go of a form player mid season?

Doesn't dropping Milford to reserve grade send the same message?

This feels like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

To me Glenn is the easiest problem to solve. I could be wrong but I think Riki prefers the left side, and TPJ can slot straight in on the right. Glenn can go to the bench in place d Teo and as centre coverage. If a bench hooker is really out of the plans than Glenn can give Turpin a 10 minute break too if needed. The only issue is captain but he isn’t doing anything at the moment anyway so just pull a name out of a hat - Turpin, Carrigan, Mead who cares
Glen may appear like a plodder, and play like a wage earner, but he is an integral part of this current team psychologically. The experience may not be in turning a game around, but in having a heart, soul, paternal figure. It is important to have at least a player who has experienced many ups and downs, and stayed the course, and is well regarded by the team.

In a situation that require heart, soul, and passion to take it to the next level, you need examples. People are not seb-bots. First grade is a calling more than science. Man management is so important. Getting rid of McGuire in hindsight was a mistake. I wanted him gone too, so we could free up salary cap for all this youth. Said the same about tackle-bot McCullough as well. Old, battle hardened heads around rookies. I wish that snake had bitten Milford. Could be on stress leave, never to work again. Medically retired.

I think Glenn is more an example of what these young blokes should be doing off the field. How to train, look after yourself and show a good attitude and keep your nose clean. He isnt on field captain material.

I think Glenn is more an example of what these young blokes should be doing off the field. How to train, look after yourself and show a good attitude and keep your nose clean. He isnt on field captain material.
Yep, he can certainly teach them about the lows. Can’t provide much experience about the highs in NRL.

Most famous for coming second, in 20’s and then grade.

Yep, he can certainly teach them about the lows. Can’t provide much experience about the highs in NRL.

Most famous for coming second, in 20’s and then grade.

You dont need to be a really top line player and win everything in the comp to set a good example. He is fine in the type of role i said he is good at. Not his fault we have overlooked the benefit of a good on field captain.

Not going to lie, i like Glenn. I think he has been a bit underrated in his career and he has made the most of his talent. Sadly for him, he just looks shot now as a footballer. He may be useful as a bench player, but he cant handle the same role he used to play, his body cant cope imo.

You dont need to be a really top line player and win everything in the comp to set a good example. He is fine in the type of role i said he is good at. Not his fault we have overlooked the benefit of a good on field captain.

Not going to lie, i like Glenn. I think he has been a bit underrated in his career and he has made the most of his talent. Sadly for him, he just looks shot now as a footballer. HE may be useful as a bench player, but he cant handle the same role he used to play, his body cant cope imo.
I don’t mind him either, but let‘s be honest. He is captain because he is literally the last man standing, just. If we had anyone else, in all likelihood he wouldn’t even be at the club anymore.

There is a reason he hasn’t been selected for Nz for over 6 seasons...

I don’t mind him either, but let‘s be honest. He is captain because he is literally the last man standing, just. If we had anyone else, in all likelihood he wouldn’t even be at the club anymore.

There is a reason he hasn’t been selected for Nz for over 6 seasons...

I never understod that tbh. At one time he was playing really good footy and still getting overlooked.

I’m also not a fan of Drinkwater, he isn’t dynamic enough and would likely come at to high a price. Plus I want to give Farnworth a shot there and if he doesn’t work out, he can go back to centre and then by 2023, hopefully at least Cobbo is ready.

I think Farnworth has earned a shot at the 1 in 2022. He's got Slater like effort in him, as well a head on his shoulders.

Not cardigan, he shouldn’t even be in the 17

Not cardigan, he shouldn’t even be in the 17
Cardigan needs to be given some slack. I thnk hes naturally trying to be a leader, but he purely does not have the life/game experience. Its a brutal learning curve, but he can learn from this all and be better in the future. The club/coaches need to support him and take the load off. This comes through accounability to other players and their performances.

I would much rather have a player hungry to achieve and win, than a player resting on their contract value or history.

I don't know if everyone is not bothering to correct auto-correct's Carrigan to Cardigan, or they're calling him that on purpose, but I like it.
Yeah I think everyone grew tired of changing the auto-correct so now Pat needs to legally change his name to Cardigan

I don't know if everyone is not bothering to correct auto-correct's Carrigan to Cardigan, or they're calling him that on purpose, but I like it.
I figured @Morepudding was doing it on purpose considering his constant criticism on it.

TBF, he's one of the few people that has gone against the grain and at this current stage, appears to be correct. Carrigan may well yet prove to be a good player in the future but at the moment he's offering little and does need a spell out of the 17.

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • Jazza
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Organix
  • Ejbroncos
  • Old Mate
  • Broncorob
  • Yem
  • bert_lifts
  • Brocko
  • Browny
  • theshed
  • Strop
  • Rah88
  • Xzei
  • Johnny92
  • LittleDavey
  • Aldo
  • Justwin
... and 70 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.