Official 2009 Gains and Losses

That would suck. Ennis is much better than Marsh IMO. If only he could get a good injury-free run with us...

Ennis, Robinson and Hannant tipped to follow WB to the Dragons is reported in the SMH.

Steve Michaels has an offer from the Bulldogs.

ALH said:
Ennis, Robinson and Hannant tipped to follow WB to the Dragons is reported in the SMH.

if you listen to the media most of the players will be leaving... and i don't think that will happen

From the Hannant article yesterday:

Married with two small children Hannant, who lives in the Tallebudgera Valley and commutes to Brisbane, said his decision would hinge largely on what was best for his young family.

"This is where I want to be (living on the Gold Coast)," said Hannant.

"Even if I sign for a long term with the Broncos I am not going to move from here.

"I love the Gold Coast. It is where I have lived my whole life and this is where I am going to be when I retire."

That would suggest its between us and the Tits.

bfoord said:
ALH said:

if you listen to the media most of the players will be leaving... and i don't think that will happen

Just stating what I read, don't believe it though.

Yeah, the SMH has pretty much linked every off contract or soon to be off contract Bronco to the Dragons in the past month. Even Wallace got a mention today.

Just playing on the speculation that players will naturally follow Bennett to Sydney.

ALH said:

Hannant has stated he won't leave living on the Gold Coast.

Kaz said:
ALH said:

Hannant has stated he won't leave living on the Gold Coast.

So, as has been stated previously, it is between us and the Titans. i think if we sign a good coach he will stay.

Just do a Frank Warrick and get a limo for the trip to training and back.

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. Isn't that what Langer did when he lost his licence for DD?Not quite the limo but had a driver.

Knights are after Ennis.

BRISBANE hooker Michael Ennis has emerged as a likely target for his original club, the Newcastle Knights, after his dazzling man-of-the-match performance at EnergyAustralia Stadium on Sunday.

Ennis, who is in his third season with Brisbane, said last night that he had not yet started any contract talks with the Broncos or heard from any other clubs.

"My mindset is I just want to play six or seven games and play good, consistent footy," Ennis said.

"I let that sort of stuff [contract talks] take care of itself.

"I haven't heard anything, so it's all news to me."

Asked whether he would consider a return to his home town, the 24-year-old replied: "I suppose you've got to look at everything . . . it [Newcastle] is where I'm from, so I'd definitely have to look at it."

http://theherald.yourguide.com.au/news/ ... 24109.html

I don't understand players even considering looking at losing teams, especially teams who are sending themself bankrupt.

These stories are always such non-events. Here's the scenario:

Journalist approaches player at training.
"Did you hear [club X] is interested in you?"
"No."
"Would you be interested?"
"I wouldn't rule anything out"

Put that in the "sports journalism headline generator" and out pops "Ennis eyes homecoming".

:roll:

I find the player merry-go-round every year so utterly tiresome. At least it was mainly after June 30 until a couple of years ago when some bright spark decided it should be open slather.

Coxy said:
These stories are always such non-events. Here's the scenario:

Journalist approaches player at training.
"Did you hear [club X] is interested in you?"
"No."
"Would you be interested?"
"I wouldn't rule anything out"

Put that in the "sports journalism headline generator" and out pops "Ennis eyes homecoming".

:roll:

I find the player merry-go-round every year so utterly tiresome. At least it was mainly after June 30 until a couple of years ago when some bright spark decided it should be open slather.

Media Generator Result:

Coxy Loves Merry-Go-Rounds

ronnyd said:
Are players till able to move midseason this year?

Up until July 1 I think so. Contracts have to be registered with the NRL by then.

ronnyd said:
Are players till able to move midseason this year?

the Roosters are planning to release Nutley to the Sharks mid season

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Sproj
  • Fozz
  • Brotherdu
  • Spike
  • Poisoy
  • Xzei
  • NSW stables
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • heartly87
  • LittleDavey
  • Allo
  • thenry
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • porouian
  • pennywisealfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncsgoat
... and 44 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.