Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
2019 NRL signings: Official player contract details announced for all 16 clubs

Dan Walsh
NRL.com
Fri 17 May 2019, 01:41 PM

Contract years listed, plus player options (PO), club options (CO) and mutual options (MO)

Brisbane Broncos

Source: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/01/23/2019-nrl-signings-player-transfers-and-contracts/#broncos

A lot we already knew, but some interesting ones. Lodge & McCullough with a couple of Player Options on the ends of their deals. Looks to me like whenever McCullough signed that deal he knew there was a real possibility the club would've had a new Hooker by 2020. So, if we sign one over the off-season, he has the ability to opt out of the last 2 years of his deal and look for an opportunity elsewhere.

A lot we already knew, but some interesting ones. Lodge & McCullough with a couple of Player Options on the ends of their deals. Looks to me like whenever McCullough signed that deal he knew there was a real possibility the club would've had a new Hooker by 2020. So, if we sign one over the off-season, he has the ability to opt out of the last 2 years of his deal and look for an opportunity elsewhere.
You think one of the hardest working players in the team had such a defeatist attitude? I really doubt that was his thought process

You think one of the hardest working players in the team had such a defeatist attitude? I really doubt that was his thought process

You call it defeatist, he may call it realist. I think you rate him higher than he rates himself.

It's a good thing for Macca and the Broncos. If we want to stick with him at 9, he can activate those options and be a one club player. If we decide there's a better option available, he can opt to look around for a starting gig elsewhere without having to go through the annoying process of having to negotiate payouts and subsidies, etc.

Gillett signed all the way till 2022, I hope he finds some of his best form and soon because right now, he is looking very shaky

The only thing that stands out to me is Fifita is only signed till 2020 with no option either way. I would have thought he was worth more to us than that. His value will undoubtedly rise so we should have tried to at least have an option for 2021.

Let's hope he sees his future is still here come the time to re-negotiate.

Very interesting.
I’d be looking to lock down Fifita & Staggs ASAP and long term.
Good to see Haas is at the club long term.
Hopefully Boyd gets a club coaching/marketing gig for 2020+
I hope Gillo finds some form soon that can kick on for a few more years..

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.