On another note

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Can I just say on a different note to today's event it was thrilling to see Jordan Kahu back from injury against the Warriors, so many preseason injuries seeing him return was great and I thought he played pretty good, lets hope he can build on it.

Mentally tough to come back from so many injuries, will only make it more sweeter for him when he finally does play out a full season.

And lets hope he keeps it up too, the more pressure for positions in the backline the better I say.

Error Page

JORDAN Kahu has revealed his third return from a serious knee injury was the toughest mental battle he has waged.

Kahu is among the most unlucky of NRL players, a gifted footballer repeatedly cut down by cruel injuries.
He would have been the Broncos’ five-eighth for round one this season if not for another crushing knee injury in a trial match at Redcliffe.
It was his third pre-season injury.
While initially there were fears of an anterior cruciate tear, it was only a minor strain, but after returning to football for Wynnum Manly, he injured his hamstring.
For once, Kahu’s timing was perfect.
His hamstring recovered just in time for him to be a late addition for Brisbane following the demotion of three players for disciplinary breaches.

Kahu even scored a try in their shock victory over New Zealand on Saturday night.
“Mentally, it was a lot harder than the other two,” Kahu said.
“Physically it was a lot easier.
“After cementing my spot last year, coming back and getting injured it was hard to take mentally.
“I stuck with it and got a game tonight and I hope I get a few more games this season.”
Kahu said the days after he ruptured his knee at Dolphin Oval were among the toughest.
“It was unlucky. I don’t like that field very much,” Kahu said.
“I didn’t know if I had done my ACL again then the scans came back and told me I hadn’t done it… my spirits lifted.

“I knew I had a couple months of hard work ahead of me but I had done a lot more months than that.
“I was waiting for a little niggle. The last couple of times I have been injured I have always got a niggle after returning (from the knee injury).
“I was waiting for something because the body, as ready as it was, there is always something going to go wrong that I have to get through and then came the hamstring.
“Mate, I’m just happy to be back playing with the Broncos.”

Last edited:

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Aldo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • barker
  • broncos4life
  • Fitzy
  • bert_lifts
  • Foordy
  • Culhwch
  • Big Del
  • FACTHUNT
  • Johnny92
  • Bucking Beads
  • The Strapper
  • Bish
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.