-NEWS- On the turps with Jake

jamesbrandy

NYC Player
No idea why, but I think the 2 point field goal will barely be seen, similar to the 20/40 last year.
If you miss and kick it dead, you give away a 7 tackle set (still worst rule change ever IMO). If you miss and don’t kick it dead, you give away a possible try scoring opportunity.

BroncsFan

State of Origin Rep
No idea why, but I think the 2 point field goal will barely be seen, similar to the 20/40 last year.
If you miss and kick it dead, you give away a 7 tackle set (still worst rule change ever IMO). If you miss and don’t kick it dead, you give away a possible try scoring opportunity.
My issue with it is that it is just completely unnecessary.

You're right that it probably won't actually be kicked by anyone this year... but when teams are scrambling for field goals they will take them from anywhere.

A team leading by 1 with 30 seconds to go can suddenly lose because someone jags a 40m field goal... it's just a shit rule that wasn't needed and can only lead to negatives.

Either a team learns to exploit the rule by mastering 40m field goals or it leads to more field goal shoot outs (teams down by 2 taking pot shots) or a team loses because of a complete fluke field goal in the dying seconds of the game.

Absolutely pointless rule change

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Billd0856

Twitter