One Day Series vs. Sri Lanka

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Australian Squad For Game 3

Australia squad David Warner, Phillip Hughes, Michael Clarke (capt), George Bailey, David Hussey, Matthew Wade (wk), Glenn Maxwell, Moises Henriques, Mitchell Johnson, Mitchell Starc, Clint McKay, Xavier Doherty.

I hate scapegoating the selectors...but how does Henriques even enter the conversation for the ODI squad? We don't need another all-rounder, we need a stable top order, especially after yesterday. Khawaja did little wrong in his first game, he should be there, especially if we want him to be apart of the future of Australian cricket.

Hopefully Warner, Clarke and Wade go beserk.

Especially after the song and dance around their decision to drop Mussey.

I hope Smith never sees the team again, nothing but a bits and pieces player. Should have given Finch and Uzzie the whole series. Not sure what Cutting did wrong either

Invers is good. You might not agree with all of his decisions but he certainly justifies them well. Not only is dropping Cutting and Uzzie completely consistent with what they have done in the past, Invererity communicated quite early on in the piece exactly what would happen.

Care to explain m1c?

Seems like everyone is confused with what's going on.

They both know what they did wrong. Uzzie moved to qld and cutting has refused to leave qld. They have no one but themselves to blame

I'd like to know why McKay isn't part of the rotation policy?

They wonder why we are having issues running between the wickets, also the team is unbalanced

Thank god Warner, Clarke and Hughesy are being picked for game 3. Thanks you idiot selectors

If only the selectors could communicate their decisions without contradicting themselves with their selections a day later

I don't like how Khawaja has been treated at all TBH. I don't think he should have ever been picked in the ODI squad. He really isn't ever going to be a long term option for Australia in that form of cricket. It just gives him mixed messages. I rate Khawaja but am seeing why he won't make it more and more.

Even if he isn't a long term option, he's still one of the better options available and without a lot of players to fill the void that's what matters.

Finch should be persisted with despite his shakey form.

Uzzie and Steve Smith were told they would get one game each. Invers communicated this quite clearly, both players knew and the public were informed afterwards. Additionally, playing Cutting is consistent with what they did with say Forrest last year - as a stepping stone to the Test team. Selectors had no intention of continuing with Forrest in ODI's when they picked him, it was to expose him to the squad and international environment with a long term view to Test Match cricket.

Do you have a source handy?

crack.jpg
I'm guessing

I'm not going to find them, but I would suggest watching Invers press conferences. He's quite articulate and very good at justifying everything. The above was covered in the presser he gave when they announced the latest squad.

I'm not going to find them, but I would suggest watching Invers press conferences. He's quite articulate and very good at justifying everything. The above was covered in the presser he gave when they announced the latest squad.

In other words, he rewrote history.

Good to see Ben Cutting called in as cover for Johnson and Starc for the match at the Gabba on Friday.

Active Now

• davidp
  • Battler
  • Skyblues87
  • Midean
  • mitch222
  • Jazza
  • Xzei
  • whykickamoocow
  • Wolfie
  • TimWhatley
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Manofoneway
  • theshed
  • Scorchie
  • kiwi2
  • Sproj
  • sooticus
  • FACTHUNT
  • Tim K
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.