NEWS Pangai's future at Red Hill remains up in the air

TPJ is kidding himself. By taking a 1 year deal you woukd think he would be out to prove his worth but so far we get 1 game and a suspension. He has talent but he's a lair with a love for the headlines.

IMO we have too many NSW ***** in the side with NSW attitude.
Time to make the Broncos a Qld team again and only keep a few NSW *****.
If we just had Queenslanders we'd have a fucking hopeless team. There isn't the talent in Queensland alone when EVERY club dips its toes in up here, especially those c**** in Melbourne. It's not like the old days where it was Broncos or Sydney. Now its Broncos, Sydney, Melbourne, OR GC or Townsville.

Arguably his biggest issue is trying too hard/trying to pull off too much. Given the attitude of some of our other players right now I can't be too critical of him for that. Also not his fault he's one of the elder statesmen in the forwards despite being 23 yo and playing ~50 games.

It is what it is....

I hate that saying, but in this case its true.
There ARE guys who are not happy with Seibolds ways, but that was always going to be expected. He has changed everything. There will be more who want out and more who are shifted. That’s a fact. But what will be left are the guys who want to be here and “buy in”.

Wayne doesn’t really coach, never really has. He man manages. Simple stuff wins games, the old “Bennet Ball”.

Seibs is the anti-Wayne so to speak, and the club needed it if was ever going to move on. It needed a completely new direction and philosophy on the game, or we would have had Hook 2.0 appointed.

It’s going to take some time, there is going to be hurt, speculation, heavy defeats and short term pain but I believe strongly in what Seibs will build both playing and culture wise. He will weed out those who won’t work and play with effort. It’s all about effort.

Remember that it wasn’t that long ago we were all calling out for a change, our attack was stale, blood some youngsters etc. Well this is the initial shock of that change. It will take time but it will be worth it in the end.

My opinion anyway [emoji3]
The consistency in performance wasn’t there from one week to another under Bennett & they would almost religiously lose to sides below them on the ladder last season. We would all cry complacency and often hear players after games excusing their performance as being “out-enthused”. I spoke to Locky once and he is a big believer in Seibs coaching philosophy to get us achieving that level of consistency. As you say, its up to the players to buy into, those that don’t won’t be there long. In that regard the club is probably fortunate that it’s largely a younger squad.

The consistency in performance wasn’t there from one week to another under Bennett & they would almost religiously lose to sides below them on the ladder last season. We would all cry complacency and often hear players after games excusing their performance as being “out-enthused”. I spoke to Locky once and he is a big believer in Seibs coaching philosophy to get us achieving that level of consistency.

Do you know what Locky thought about Bennett’s coaching philosophy?

TPJ has failed thus far to convince me we should throw the bank at him......
He has been so poor that he has faioedto convince me he is worth an offer. Maybe worth it on potential but certainly not on consistent performance.

Now listen up folks...and when I say folks, I am referring to the Broncos brass...YOU WILL NEVER MAKE SOMEONE WITH SUBPAR INTELLIGENCE and make them smarter. The best althletes that justifyily earn the biggest contracts not only have great phyical gifts, they have a good head on their shoulders as well. The Roberts, and TPJ's of the world will only go so far because of their mind. It was what makes Cameron Smith, Lockyer, Cronk a cut above and it is also why TPJ is NEVER going to be worth throwing a pile of money at.

Now listen up folks...and when I say folks, I am referring to the Broncos brass...YOU WILL NEVER MAKE SOMEONE WITH SUBPAR INTELLIGENCE and make them smarter. The best althletes that justifyily earn the biggest contracts not only have great phyical gifts, they have a good head on their shoulders as well. The Roberts, and TPJ's of the world will only go so far because of their mind. It was what makes Cameron Smith, Lockyer, Cronk a cut above and it is also why TPJ is NEVER going to be worth throwing a pile of money at.
I disagree strongly with this. Are you seriously accusing Pangai as having "subpar intelligence"?

I counter this with Corey Oates and Matt Gillett.

Have you heard him speak?
I always thought Greg Inglis struggled during interviews but I would never accuse him of having "subpar intelligence" and he achieved absolutely everything in terms of Rugby League.

You could be correct in terms of Pangai's sporting career however I think the original point you're trying to make is flawed.

The dumbest player (and I mean this in an affectionate way) the Broncos had in recent times was Josh McGuire. This is the guy that pulled his teeth out because they were hurting. Still a damn good player though.

It is what it is....

I hate that saying, but in this case its true.
There ARE guys who are not happy with Seibolds ways, but that was always going to be expected. He has changed everything. There will be more who want out and more who are shifted. That’s a fact. But what will be left are the guys who want to be here and “buy in”.

Wayne doesn’t really coach, never really has. He man manages. Simple stuff wins games, the old “Bennet Ball”.

Seibs is the anti-Wayne so to speak, and the club needed it if was ever going to move on. It needed a completely new direction and philosophy on the game, or we would have had Hook 2.0 appointed.

It’s going to take some time, there is going to be hurt, speculation, heavy defeats and short term pain but I believe strongly in what Seibs will build both playing and culture wise. He will weed out those who won’t work and play with effort. It’s all about effort.

Remember that it wasn’t that long ago we were all calling out for a change, our attack was stale, blood some youngsters etc. Well this is the initial shock of that change. It will take time but it will be worth it in the end.

My opinion anyway [emoji3]

I agree.

I find Seibs a very niche market, it’s no surprise that certain players don’t like change or being made to do more than they have been required in the past. He reminds me of John Buchanan and we have a few Warnies in our side that don’t want to read or learn new skills just let me bowl and smoke over here because that’s what they’ve been allowed to do.

Seibold differentiation style is great, it’s interesting and engaging but you have to engage with it and want to learn.

Well they can't all be members of MENSA like you mate.
LOL, I am far from that mate but I sincerely believe that a smart athlete will always go farther and this comes down to being able to see and learn from patterns. It is why players like Lockyer and Smith always appear to have more time. Thurston was the same and so on.

I always thought Greg Inglis struggled during interviews but I would never accuse him of having "subpar intelligence" and he achieved absolutely everything in terms of Rugby League.

You could be correct in terms of Pangai's sporting career however I think the original point you're trying to make is flawed.

Subpar just means below average. Subpar intelligence is exactly what Inglis has. This is a guy who needed an excuse as to why he wasn't on a plane to Brisbane and came up with "it's raining". A guy who was down by 2 points and took a shot at a field goal. A guy who was made Australian captain and screwed it up the next day. I have no problem saying he has subpar intelligence, he's lucky he was good at RL.

I agree.

I find Seibs a very niche market, it’s no surprise that certain players don’t like change or being made to do more than they have been required in the past. He reminds me of John Buchanan and we have a few Warnies in our side that don’t want to read or learn new skills just let me bowl and smoke over here because that’s what they’ve been allowed to do.

Seibold differentiation style is great, it’s interesting and engaging but you have to engage with it and want to learn.

You can understand the players thinking they don't need to do anymore, I mean their way has been so successful and they have the premierships to prove it...

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • broncs30
  • Socnorb
  • bert_lifts
  • Fozz
  • Porthoz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Maroon4life
  • Skyblues87
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.