NEWS Paul Green dead at 49

I was happy that no one yelled out during the moments silence at the ground last night. You could hear a pin drop.

This just goes to show that what we see on the outside isn't always what's going on inside. If you think someone you know is going through it, reach out. Let them know someone is there. If you're going through it yourself, get help. It doesn't look like help to begin with. You're thinking, "what's the point? Nothing is going to work. I'm going to be this way forever". But it does work if you keep at it, if you find that little something to live for.
There was a couple of “yahoos” but yes, it was a surreal moment.

I was happy that no one yelled out during the moments silence at the ground last night. You could hear a pin drop.

This just goes to show that what we see on the outside isn't always what's going on inside. If you think someone you know is going through it, reach out. Let them know someone is there. If you're going through it yourself, get help. It doesn't look like help to begin with. You're thinking, "what's the point? Nothing is going to work. I'm going to be this way forever". But it does work if you keep at it, if you find that little something to live for.
1000%. Sometimes just talking to someone about it makes all the difference (did for me). To be fair its the hardest/scariest part, but so worth it.

It has just been confirmed Green had CTE. Wow, that’s huge.
So many players would have it without even realising. Green hasn’t played for so long either and it took this long to see the effects.

Symptoms of CTE

• Suicidal thoughts. ...
  • Head injury. ...
  • Memory problems. ...
  • Personality or mood changes.

A post-mortem following the death of Paul Green has revealed the former NRL player and coach suffered from one of most “severe forms” of pure Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE) a neuropathologist professor has ever seen.

It comes as Amanda Green vowed to “shine a light” on her late husband’s diagnosis, as well as raise awareness around the need for greater support for coaches and their families.

“an organic brain disease which robbed him of his decision-making and impulse control”. He added Green would likely have been “symptomatic for some time”

Would have made coaching a pretty difficult job I’d imagine.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Johnny92
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Horseheadsup
  • Dash
  • Brocko
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Lozza
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  • Scorchie
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.