Paul Kents comment

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Maybe it isn't our recruitment? Maybe our coach just sucks and can't get the best out of the players?

Remember in 2011? We had an exciting young team that looked like they could do anything, Lockyer left we were going great guns the first half then everything fell to pieces.

Just a thought but I still think we lack talent in a few key areas.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Maybe it isn't our recruitment? Maybe our coach just sucks and can't get the best out of the players?

Remember in 2011? We had an exciting young team that looked like they could do anything, Lockyer left we were going great guns the first half then everything fell to pieces.

Just a thought but I still think we lack talent in a few key areas.

Lockyer left, and then we lost Yow Yeh last year. He was a huge part of our attacking spark. We haven't got any now, outside Hodges.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
That's right, our speed got injured. One of the main things we lack is genuine speed over 20ms. We really have naught that causes a defence to panic outside of Hodges step and strength.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
That's right, our speed got injured. One of the main things we lack is genuine speed over 20ms. We really have naught that causes a defence to panic outside of Hodges step and strength.

All the more reason to get Kemp back in the side ASAP.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Well Maranta is fast, still doesn't look dangerous.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
I've heard but not seen. He may be fast over 50m plus but I don't think he is all that quick off the mark.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Wayne Bennett was quizzed again today about a rumours of a return to Brisbane... I've always considered it a given that he'll be back at Red Hill in some capacity when he's done his dues down south... IMO having him back at the broncos in a role with the football dept would go a long way towards restoring the club as THE place to play..

The broncos need to hand him the keys, so to speak...

Last edited:
vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
"I'm leaving Newcastle effective immediately to restore the Broncos to their former glory"

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
He basically said the rumour was a load of shit

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Geez come on you blokes, surely can pick his response to media questioning about his future ;-)

Sounded like a carbon copy from a few yrs ago when those st George rumours were doing the rounds

OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008
I'm not sure about the 3 years part, but I think we'll miss the finals this year, and in the longer term that may not be a bad thing. I think on too many occassions post 2000 the broncos have just scrapped in to the finals, only to bow out without much fight, and it's allowed problems that should have been addressed to be somewhat glossed over while everyone pats themselves on the back and says job well done for making the finals.

I also think that we as broncos fans have been spoilt that our club has always had one of, if not the, top playmaker in the game at the time. That makes it much easier to build a very successful team around. The broncos no longer have that, and sadly I think we have become just another club - one that may not see the great success it once did for a number of years, if ever. It sort of makes you appreciate how the supporters of some clubs who haven't been successful year after year or who haven't won a premierhsip for 20+ years must feel. It's easy to support a successful team, but I really wonder how many "fans" would still go to broncos games if they lost week after week.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Kent, like a lot of journalists is a sensationalist. He makes bold statements just so he can stand out from the pack and get his name out there - oldest journo trick in the book and it's crappy how people with little to no affiliation of the game have to stoop so low to get themselves noticed.

I still like the ethos of this team. There is still a strong foundation and while we're frustrating to watch, I don't believe we're going to bend over like a lot of other sides are. There are problems, and the fans on here have done a good job of acknowledging them but I don't believe it's going to take 3 years to sort them out. Heck, I don't even think it's going to take anything drastic.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
You're right. A few small changes to the team, a bit of drilling in the training on certain aspects and we might turn it around. I still think our big problems are our wings, no play maker and very slow service from macca. Kemp may come good, which could solve the winger issue, Wallace could replace macca and then Hunt could come in for Wallace. I think those changes could make a very big difference. How much quicker are we when wallace is playing hooker. Even when our forwards are struggling we seem to make it up the field easily enough.

Active Now

• BroncosMan
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Johnny92
  • Aldo
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Culhwch
  • Astro
  • pennywisealfie
  • IceWorks
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Justwin
  • Shane Tronc
  • Galah
  • Old Mate
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.