NEWS Payne Haas is back

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
HScreenshot 2021 04 01 Last chance Props pledge to repair bad boy image

Payne Haas is back. He's contrite, reflective, and his girlfriend's about to make him the father of a baby girl. Many quietly see him as a future club captain, but he needs to prove he's righted his own ship first:

“It can go two ways for me now. Petero Civoniceva is right ... I can either go off the rails and put my career in jeopardy, or I behave myself from here on in and achieve my potential in the game. I can tell you now, I won’t be stuffing up again. “Hopefully the rewards will come for me down the track, but to do that I need to be playing good football and it starts again for me this week against the Storm.”

“I’m determined to do the right thing. I’ve stuffed up twice now and it has to stop. I don’t want a third strike. The time out of the game gave me time to reflect."

Hab6f5833235ccd401b5869af42adb06a

Needs to do the right thing

“I am going to be a father soon. I also have younger brothers and sisters who look up to me, so it’s time to grow up and be a role model for my family and the game in general. I can’t wait to be a dad, it’s only eight weeks away. I’m excited but nervous at the same time. My partner has been great through this period and I’m ready to be a dad. We’re having a girl, so it will be a life-changing experience. I had to have a good look at how I carry myself. What I did is not who I am. I have gone through a rough patch, but I’ve had a good look in the mirror and asked myself what kind of person I want to be known as.”

“It was really tough losing Chace. It was just so out of the ordinary. It was a shock. One week, he was fine, then he got sick and the next week, he was gone. It was so sudden. Chace basically got sick and his immune system couldn’t recover from it. He was my biggest fan. I’ve tried to move on with life the best way I can, but losing Chace can’t be an excuse for my wrongdoings.”

“Watching the guys play the first three weeks, I felt bad within myself. I‘m a team-first person and sitting on the sidelines didn’t help their cause. We lost the first two games and part of that was my fault. Our front row was depleted and I should have been out there leading the way. Hopefully the result would have changed if I was out there."

"I don‘t like seeing the Broncos losing and I want to help repay the club with some wins. It‘s important I make an impact this week. I love playing with this group of guys and they will be looking to me to do my job in the middle. The Storm are the benchmark, they won the comp last year so it’s a huge test for me. It’s always a big challenge coming up against guys like Jesse Bromwich and Nelson Asofa-Solomona. I’m a bit nervous this week, not being able to play for so long, I don’t know how I will go but hopefully once I get that first carry I will be sweet. I just know I owe the boys for letting them down.”

McHunt

Last edited:
Love having Petero around the club in his mentoring role... he's not just one of the most respected forwards in Broncos history, but one of the most respected forwards in the game's modern era.

I'm sure the young guys probably watched him throughout his career (compared to the great players of the 90's when they weren't even born), which will help them relate and respect the man they're talking to

Thinking big Petero could be one of the most important off field signings we've made this year

Last edited:
Champ attitude.
Love having Petero around the club in his mentoring role... he's not just one of the most respected forwards in Broncos history, but one of the most respected forwards in the game's modern era.

I'm sure the young guys probably watched him throughout his career (compared to the great players of the 90's when they weren't even born), which will help them relate and respect the man they're talking to

Thinking big Petero could be one of the most important off field signings we've made this year
Everyone stumbles. It's what you do next that marks your character. He's in good hands with Petero. I think he'll be okay.

Alright, copy paste the exact same article that was written after his suspension last year. You know it exists somewhere.

View attachment 12092

Payne Haas is back. He's contrite, reflective, and his girlfriend's about to make him the father of a baby girl. Many quietly see him as a future club captain, but he needs to prove he's righted his own ship first:

“It can go two ways for me now. Petero Civoniceva is right ... I can either go off the rails and put my career in jeopardy, or I behave myself from here on in and achieve my potential in the game. I can tell you now, I won’t be stuffing up again. “Hopefully the rewards will come for me down the track, but to do that I need to be playing good football and it starts again for me this week against the Storm.”

“I’m determined to do the right thing. I’ve stuffed up twice now and it has to stop. I don’t want a third strike. The time out of the game gave me time to reflect."

View attachment 12090
Needs to do the right thing

“I am going to be a father soon. I also have younger brothers and sisters who look up to me, so it’s time to grow up and be a role model for my family and the game in general. I can’t wait to be a dad, it’s only eight weeks away. I’m excited but nervous at the same time. My partner has been great through this period and I’m ready to be a dad. We’re having a girl, so it will be a life-changing experience. I had to have a good look at how I carry myself. What I did is not who I am. I have gone through a rough patch, but I’ve had a good look in the mirror and asked myself what kind of person I want to be known as.”

“It was really tough losing Chace. It was just so out of the ordinary. It was a shock. One week, he was fine, then he got sick and the next week, he was gone. It was so sudden. Chace basically got sick and his immune system couldn’t recover from it. He was my biggest fan. I’ve tried to move on with life the best way I can, but losing Chace can’t be an excuse for my wrongdoings.”

“Watching the guys play the first three weeks, I felt bad within myself. I‘m a team-first person and sitting on the sidelines didn’t help their cause. We lost the first two games and part of that was my fault. Our front row was depleted and I should have been out there leading the way. Hopefully the result would have changed if I was out there."

"I don‘t like seeing the Broncos losing and I want to help repay the club with some wins. It‘s important I make an impact this week. I love playing with this group of guys and they will be looking to me to do my job in the middle. The Storm are the benchmark, they won the comp last year so it’s a huge test for me. It’s always a big challenge coming up against guys like Jesse Bromwich and Nelson Asofa-Solomona. I’m a bit nervous this week, not being able to play for so long, I don’t know how I will go but hopefully once I get that first carry I will be sweet. I just know I owe the boys for letting them down.”

McHunt

lol yeah right. I know what date it is. I’m not falling for this prank.

With Seibold and Reynolds on board, we don’t need this clown.

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • marw
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  • mieko
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.