VOTE PAYNE HAAS IS BHQ Player of Round 23

Who is your player of the round? (Pick 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good efforts defensively and some added impetus in attack as well ,was good to watch. If nothing else they are building confidence , KW might actually be bringing out the best in some of these players ? . I think I'm actually starting to enjoy watching these young blokes develop. Get some combinations going , learn to draw and pass , back up , even with just the old one two, it's the simple things in the game plan and structured with new buys in this roster next year, gives me real hope for season 22 . We are releasing the grip on the spoon. Me thinks the Kevolution is gaining some momentum .

>Haas

If you haven't been watching Channel 9 coverage, you'll have missed Fittler on the verge of swearing every time Payne makes 20 yards with no-one in support. Last night he said "Danny Levi, that's your job." **** knows why Kevvie doesn't have his balls across this. It should be the central play.
This is why I think Herbie would be good at fullback. If you told him support the forwards he'd be there for every Haas linebreak.

>Haas

If you haven't been watching Channel 9 coverage, you'll have missed Fittler on the verge of swearing every time Payne makes 20 yards with no-one in support. Last night he said "Danny Levi, that's your job." **** knows why Kevvie doesn't have his balls across this. It should be the central play.
And he makes a good point, here is a perfect example of just having someone placed well for an offload from Haas and that was from just having Flegler there, dummy half and fullback especially should be sniffing up the middle for opportunities. IMO we have the means to do so, we just need to work hard on it.

Flegler has been much improved since origin. Might be a top shelf prop in there yet.

I hope he gets another run in origin next year. Could end up being an automatic selection for a few years.

Good point, but he'd still have to learn to pass.
Maybe Broncos should create a new position on the field, (HS) Hass Support. He makes so many linebreaks and tacklebreaks that it's basically a full time job. Perfect role for Herbie.

Maybe Broncos should create a new position on the field, (HS) Hass Support. He makes so many linebreaks and tacklebreaks that it's basically a full time job. Perfect role for Herbie.
Perfect role for his ten other teammates.

Flegler has been much improved since origin. Might be a top shelf prop in there yet.

I hope he gets another run in origin next year. Could end up being an automatic selection for a few years.

I've always thought Tom to be a little unfairly maligned. His heart has always been in it, but his eagerness and dick fingers led to dropped balls and penalties. He seems to have ironed that out somewhat.

Props are prone to coughing it up and giving away dumb penalties, especially when they're young. But even old heads like Webke and Petero would spill it a couple of times a game. I'm willing to give him time. I think he's growing as a player, especially, like you say, since Origin.

The good news is we're not short of budding props.

Perfect role for his ten other teammates.

I've always thought Tom to be a little unfairly maligned. His heart has always been in it, but his eagerness and dick fingers led to dropped balls and penalties. He seems to have ironed that out somewhat.

Props are prone to coughing it up and giving away dumb penalties, especially when they're young. But even old heads like Webke and Petero would spill it a couple of times a game. I'm willing to give him time. I think he's growing as a player, especially, like you say, since Origin.

The good news is we're not short of budding props.
Seem to have a never ending process of line of good forwards lately, just wish we would start having the same for backs and spine players.

Milf, Herbie and Flegler.

Onya Milf.

Payne Haas has a shot at Dally M Prop of the Year. He's currently on 13 points. While Penrith prop James Fisher-Harris is currently on 16, he's out of the bubble for the birth of his child, plus he has to compete for team points with the likes of Cleary.

Payne Haas has a shot at Dally M Prop of the Year. He's currently on 13 points. While Penrith prop James Fisher-Harris is currently on 16, he's out of the bubble for the birth of his child, plus he has to compete for team points with the likes of Cleary.
Haas’ getting himself suspended has cost him yet another award. He almost won Dally M player of the year in his first season if it weren’t for suspensions.

Haas’ getting himself suspended has cost him yet another award. He almost won Dally M player of the year in his first season if it weren’t for suspensions.
Kinda want to keep these accolades off his accomplishment list before his next contract….yeeesh

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • lynx000
  • BroncoFan94
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • TimWhatley
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Skyblues87
  • Sproj
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Morkel
  • rj9
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BruiserMk1
  • bert_lifts
  • Rookie Alan
  • Dash
  • Cavalo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Alec
  • Mr Fourex
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.