VOTE PAYNE HAAS is BHQ'S Player of Round 9

Who is your player of the Round (Pick 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I’m glad to see Flegs getting some love, I thought he was great. You can see the upside in the kid and this is why despite his reported wage, I’m not keen to move him on. I suspect this time next season even he might already be as good as Lodge with still more upside.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
I’m glad to see Flegs getting some love, I thought he was great. You can see the upside in the kid and this is why despite his reported wage, I’m not keen to move him on. I suspect this time next season even he might already be as good as Lodge with still more upside.
Whilst I agree, he has been quite ordinary this season, but if he can produce what he did last night on a consistent basis he is performing more in line with his pay packet.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
On ya, Herb

ScreenE03QCVEVkAEpMfN

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Herbie did great, though there was a moment or two last night where I wish he passed it on to Oates instead of going himself. Of course current Oates might not have done anything with it, but with a bit of space maybe he could start to get his confidence back too.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Somebody on the boards last night called Herbie 'Tommy Shelby' PMSL. :roflForgot to plug it. Who was it?

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
3. Haas
2. Lodge
1. Kennedy

I wanted to give some credit to one of our benchies who had a great night despite the result. Kennedy shits all over Flegler from a great height, and how Flegler got the big money over him is just another black mark to join the many others on our R&R's rap sheet.

Coates could have got some points as well but since he's signed with the purple scum, **** him.

PNG Broncos fan88

PNG Broncos fan88

NRL Player
Aug 27, 2018
Lodge, TPJ, Kennedy

Never voting for Haas again till he develops an offload. Such a waste...

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Haas Herbie tpj. I’d have voted for coates if he didn’t sign for the storm 😆

PNG Broncos fan88

PNG Broncos fan88

NRL Player
Aug 27, 2018
This is the kinda comment that belongs in a facebook comments section. Jesus christ.
No point in him putting up massive metres and dragging multiple defenders when the team can't even capitalise on it.
Thurston, Morgan and Granville thrived off the back of Taumololo. Mahoney, Gutherson and Moses go berserk off the back of Paulo/Brown and so do the other teams with a clue in the spine.

I stand by my comment, Haas is a waste in the team if the playmakers can't feed off the back of his outstanding contributions up front.

Constant criticism of the same player(s) in the post game thread. That's your MO, best you take your own advice and leave that shit on your FB page

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
No point in him putting up massive metres and dragging multiple defenders when the team can't even capitalise on it.
Thurston, Morgan and Granville thrived off the back of Taumololo. Mahoney, Gutherson and Moses go berserk off the back of Paulo/Brown and so do the other teams with a clue in the spine.

I stand by my comment, Haas is a waste in the team if the playmakers can't feed off the back of his outstanding contributions up front.

Constant criticism of the same player(s) in the post game thread. That's your MO, best you take your own advice and leave that shit on your FB page
So because the team doesn't capitalise off his massive metres and dragging multiple defenders, unless he does even more to create things for others, you don't think he is worth being considered the best player on a day? That is some next level stupidity. Seriously, have a read of what you are saying and think about it for 12 seconds and you'll hopefully understand the idiocy of it.

My criticism is valid and has some logic behind it. What you said has neither.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
How good is it to have an influx of positivity for once.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
How good is it to have an influx of positivity for once.
It never went away. This team is not so dire. Add an Origin grade half (Reynolds), a captain (Reynolds) and a consistent Isaako we're in the top 4.

1. Isaako: enigma. rising international at his best. Diabolic at his worst. (AT RISK)
2. Coates: departing international (VACANCY)
3. Herbie: rising international
4. Staggs: rising international. (VACANCY)
5. Oates: fading international
6: Milford: failure. Staggs will replace.
7: Gamble: champ, destined to be a bench fixture. Adam Reynolds incoming.
8. Lodge, Carrigan: borderline Origin. Lodge will probably leave.
9. Turpin: massive motor, rarely lets us down. But lacking in attack. (AT RISK)
10: Haas: best in class
11: Riki: promising junior
12: TPJ: possible best in class
13: Flegler: good against Cowboys, but questionmark (AT RISK)

14: Bullemor: most likely to succeed
15: Kennedy: promising junior
16: Piakura: unknown quantity, but highly rated
17: Karmichael Hunt: wise old head.
18: Niu: failure

Throw in the likes of Reynolds, Capewell and Hynes, and we're spoilt for talent.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Griffo
  • Porthoz
  • Galah
  • Kev_Guz
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • bb_gun
  • mystico
  • Thelmus
  • ell.d33
  • Foordy
  • Manofoneway
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Santa
  • broncos4life
  • rnabokov
  • Accept
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Cavalo
  • Wolfie
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.