RUMOUR Payne Haas to re-sign with the Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I mean - happy about the four years. The 3 mil? No.

He'll be worth it.

Bet that's not the correct amount like usual.

You'd think he'll be getting incremental increases. I highly doubt he starts next season on 750k when he won't be starting.

He'll be worth it.
He may well be, but 4 x $750k for an 18 year old who has played a grand total of 30 minutes and managed to get a concussion, two injuries and a season ending surgery in that time is batshit crazy on face value.

On a different note, if I was a Broncos player I'd be praying for a season ending injury. Seems to be a guaranteed way to make a cool $3 million.

That would include 3rd party agreements.

He may well be, but 4 x $750k for an 18 year old who has played a grand total of 30 minutes and managed to get a concussion, two injuries and a season ending surgery in that time is batshit crazy on face value.

On a different note, if I was a Broncos player I'd be praying for a season ending injury. Seems to be a guaranteed way to make a cool $3 million.

We want to keep these young guys, this is the money we're going to have to pay. Clubs were swooping in with big offers.

I have no doubt this is why we didn't match Arrow's offer.

So how much is Fifita going to be worth in the future?

TPA would be the bulk of that right now i imagine. Hes young and potentially hot marketing property. TPA brings low dollar risk to the clubs salary cap also, so if he becomes injured again or bombs out - we aren't burnt as bad.

In comparison to have TPA on someone like boyd - would be no where near as much worth.

Great signing...... Hopefully the first of all our youngsters to put pen to paper.

We want to keep these young guys, this is the money we're going to have to pay. Clubs were swooping in with big offers.

I have no doubt this is why we didn't match Arrow's offer.

Not saying it's you, mate - but plenty of people have kicked up a stink about paying for 'potential' so that it doesn't go to another club. Same with Milf - and in the end it comes down to how the talent is used. Obviously you want a mix of experienced players with youthful, promising rookies - but you have you use them right, or it's a waste. Haas might be a future star, his one game was promising...but it's a lot to throw at potential. We'll see where it goes as far as who we keep vs who we lose.

Is the cap still rising incrementally?

And you would be freaking out if the Broncos weren't able to retain him. You can't have it both ways. You have to pay for potential these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • bazza
  • Cavalo
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
  • Broncosgirl
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • heartly87
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Skyblues87
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Aldo
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.