Phil Gould

K

king_johns

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
I was just watching the footy show and did anybody else noticed that he said the broncos losses to melbourne and roosters lol.

ningnangnong said:
Great thread.
[icon_lol1. Gotta be another nomination for thread of the year [icon_razz1

THAT BIASED GOULD I H8 THAT MOFO AND HIS BRONCO HATIN' SHIZZ

Anyone notice how he is always name dropping? He always saying so and so called me to discuss blah blah. :roll: Most of the time it isn't even relevant to what he is saying. Makes me cringe.

brettbrett said:
Anyone notice how he is always name dropping? He always saying so and so called me to discuss blah blah. :roll: Most of the time it isn't even relevant to what he is saying. Makes me cringe.
I notice that too. Like his Big Willie interview. "This is the text message you sent me Willie" Puh-lease, spare me. The day Darren Lockyer sends him a text message is the day I'll care.

mrslong said:
brettbrett said:
I notice that too. Like his Big Willie interview. "This is the text message you sent me Willie" Puh-lease, spare me. The day Darren Lockyer sends him a text message is the day I'll care.
[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. Yeah he did it on the footy show last night when they had the little sitting in group therapy thing. [icon_shru
Describing watching Johns as a child who watched all the players and what they did.Most kids do these things you idiot Gould.

One of the few stories about Johns that I liked came from an associate of David Waite, who coached Newcastle when Johns was a junior coming through. One day at training Waite gave Johns a video tape of a series of kicks from Mortimer, Sterling, Alexander, Langer, Stuart et al, and said "this is the level you need to get to". There were banana kicks, grubbers, long kicks, short kicks, bombs, spiral bombs, anything you can think of.

"Go away, study and practice".

He came back to training the next week and said "Done. Have you got another video for me?"

Waite had intended that to occupy him for months, if not the whole season. He supposedly did it in a week. So Waite just laughed and said "OK Joey, show us what you've got".

And for the next hour Waite stood there gobsmacked as Johns ran through all the kicks on the video and executed them almost perfectly.

There's NO doubt in my mind how good Joey could be. I am just not of the mind that he produced it as often or as consistently as the likes of Sterling and Langer. Can't comment on Billy Smith or Holman.

Coxy said:
One of the few stories about Johns that I liked came from an associate of David Waite, who coached Newcastle when Johns was a junior coming through. One day at training Waite gave Johns a video tape of a series of kicks from Mortimer, Sterling, Alexander, Langer, Stuart et al, and said "this is the level you need to get to". There were banana kicks, grubbers, long kicks, short kicks, bombs, spiral bombs, anything you can think of.

"Go away, study and practice".

He came back to training the next week and said "Done. Have you got another video for me?"

Waite had intended that to occupy him for months, if not the whole season. He supposedly did it in a week. So Waite just laughed and said "OK Joey, show us what you've got".

And for the next hour Waite stood there gobsmacked as Johns ran through all the kicks on the video and executed them almost perfectly.

There's NO doubt in my mind how good Joey could be. I am just not of the mind that he produced it as often or as consistently as the likes of Sterling and Langer. Can't comment on Billy Smith or Holman.

Wrong thread maybe Coxy? [icon_lol1.

king_johns said:
I was just watching the footy show and did anybody else noticed that he said the broncos losses to melbourne and roosters lol.

Maybe he was drinking from Matty John's glass.

i would love him to be our coach
he has imo the best mind in the game

Well they were certainly talking him up tonight, lol (they were taking the piss take of course... I hope).

it will never happen becasue its a News Ltd owned club but as much as i hate the guy hes the only coach i can think of that would make me feel confident at keeping the culture and systems in place at the club while keeping the players well disciplined......

I hate him, but he's an excellent coach. Would love him here.

I agree why don't we try to entice back to coaching, but we have Henjak now.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • RolledOates
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Financeguy
  • Tim K
  • Browny
  • Johnny92
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • winslow_wong
  • Dash
  • Broncos Maestro
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Waynesaurus
  • Brocko
  • LittleDavey
  • mrslong
  • Jeza23
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.