Photo

• Thread starter Raw Boned Youngster
  • Start date
God sacrificed his only son, so as we can be forgiven for our sins.

When will Broncos fans forgive the one sin Hunt has committed?

How do you know it was one sin? :P

I'll forgive him, it's harder to forget though. I'd like to think it's a couple of years before he is captain yet.

Hammo said:
God sacrificed his only son, so as we can be forgiven for our sins.

When will Broncos fans forgive the one sin Hunt has committed?

Respect is something earnt and isn't just instantly returned, he hasn't earnt back the respect he lost and while I'm prepared to give him a second chance in my eyes like anyone else he still has to gain back the respect lost.

Fair enough, maybe he isn't at the dizzy heights of being on the BHQ BANNER. He is however 110% more likely to be a broncos captain, then Kenny is of being in the Broncos leadership group.

Hunt is a leader on the field, he made a mistake and yes he needs a lifestyle change, however many former and current QLD LEGENDS have done similar stuff, just didn't get it dragged through the mainstream media.

Each to their own, Hunt has my full support and I'd happily see him in the banner and in a Broncos lineup with a (c) next to his name.

Hammo said:
Fair enough, maybe he isn't at the dizzy heights of being on the BHQ BANNER. He is however 110% more likely to be a broncos captain, then Kenny is of being in the Broncos leadership group.

Hunt is a leader on the field, he made a mistake and yes he needs a lifestyle change, however many former and current QLD LEGENDS have done similar stuff, just didn't get it dragged through the mainstream media.

Each to their own, Hunt has my full support and I'd happily see him in the banner and in a Broncos lineup with a (c) next to his name.

Frankly mate I find the attitude you have towards which players appear on the BHQ Banner offensive to the efforts of players like Kenny who by and large go out there and do their job and get little to no recognition and also help others through their position, while the players you applaud and cheer and turn a blind eye to when they let the game, their clubs and their fans down rather disappointing(I'm sorry but what he did wasn't a mistake). Ok it may not be the world's biggest issue but is it so wrong to seek recognition for players that actually deserve it and rarely get it? I don't really care if past players mucked up, times have changed and players have more responsibilities now and turning a blind eye to that doesn't change anything.

And as far as Kenny being in the Broncos leadership group, I can see him being there as he has the qualities required both on and off the field and would make an excellent forward leader as well, he may not be Captain but he will still contribute in his own way.

There is a time and place for stupidity. When you are a professional footballer, you should not do this stuff in your place of work.

For that reason, I feel any of the players can do whatever they want behind closed doors. Just like any man or woman can be investigated for rape, it was out of their hands.

Yes, I believe they put themselves in a stupid situation, but what happened there should have nothing at all to do with the Broncos or the NRL.

Either him, or Thaiday should be our next captain.

Nashy said:
There is a time and place for stupidity. When you are a professional footballer, you should not do this stuff in your place of work.

For that reason, I feel any of the players can do whatever they want behind closed doors. Just like any man or woman can be investigated for rape, it was out of their hands.

Yes, I believe they put themselves in a stupid situation, but what happened there should have nothing at all to do with the Broncos or the NRL.

Either him, or Thaiday should be our next captain.

Actually there isn't a time and place for stupidity, at least not in public.

The problem is the players represent their clubs 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year and the negitive publicity doesn't just effect the player in question, it hurts the club and the game like it did last season for the Broncos and still does and I ask you how your going to make it so that the behaviour of these players doesn't hurt the game and the club? For example do you think the media's not going to jump at the opportunity to put the boot into the game or a club over a player or players behaviour at a night club, bar or behind the wheel of a car?

Players have responsibilities and standards they have to meet in the modern game, perhaps its unfair compared to past era's but they get the opportunity to be paid the big bucks to play the game and live the life it can provide for them, they can't have it both ways ultimately they have to deliver for their club and thats not just ON THE FIELD.

I understand what you're saying. However, I still feel that these kids have to act like the young men they are. There will be stupid nights, and that shouldn't be held against them.

The sooner clubs and the NRL go back to not worrying too much about it, the better. It's better for their development as people.

I don't think anyone here could possibly consider the stress these guys are under each and everyday. If Hunt fart's the wrong tune he is in the media and bringing the game into disrepute.

These players work hard to live a good life, and at their age, the good life is in a club.

GC- You are missing the point I'm trying to make;

He fucked up. He admitted it. When do people forgive and give him a fresh start?

It's not like he raped/murdered/dealt drugs/stole a car/did anything criminal.

He is guilty of having poor morals (in the opinions of some, morals are an individual thing), as well as having poor judgement. When does he earn forgiveness and how long do we drag his name around?

Over half of this forum argue with me about capital punishment, claiming everybody is entitled to rehabilitation and a second chance! LOLZ, these are murders, rapists and monsters!! Hunt is just a kid, who is orsm at footy and made a poor decision. He didn't even commit a crime.

Hammo Hammo, we've been through this before mate - no he didn't do anything illegal, but he and the other boys did something stupid and it reflected badly on the Broncos.

I'm happy to forgive him and give him another chance, but I totally understand if he has a lot of ground to make up to regain the respect of some of the fans.

Jebadude said:
Hammo Hammo, we've been through this before mate - no he didn't do anything illegal, but he and the other boys did something stupid and it reflected badly on the Broncos.

I'm happy to forgive him and give him another chance, but I totally understand if he has a lot of ground to make up to regain the respect of some of the fans.

And thats where I have the problem, it doesn't just effect the player in question, it damages the reputation/image of the game and the club the player represents which can influence the parents of the children who represent the future support of the game and players for the game and not to mention the sponsers we attract to the game, for me you can't just brush it aside and say oh his young, that excuses his behaviour and we will just leave it at that, the media which already gets off at putting the boot into the game at every opportunity will get even more aggressive and that can only be a bad thing for the game.

As far as second chances go I have no problems with that, I have already said he deserves one but a second chance doesn't mean your right back where you started in terms of respect, I don't hate the guy but I'd be lying if I said I had the same respect for him I once held, its upto him to earn it again and whats wrong with that?

Guys I was only commenting on the photo,not whether the fast bowler being a root rat is good or bad.
Anyway, back on topic.
Do you think he has a bit of tongue action going on in the photo?

GCBRONCO said:
Hammo said:
Hunt is potentially the next Broncos captain, who would deserve that spot ahead of him?

That doesn't make him worthy of that spot, especially not on the back of his classy efforts in the toilets of a nightclub, I'd much prefer it go to a player who goes out there and does whats asked of him and doesn't let the club or the game down on or off the field but thats standards I guess.

Hunt has never let the broncos down on the field, and tbh, thats all you or anyone else needs to worry about. So Hunt did some slut in public, so what? Unless you are a virgin and spend every night at home playing monopoly, then i dont think you have any moral right to judge him.

Hunt has never let the broncos down on the field, and tbh, thats all you or anyone else needs to worry about. So Hunt did some slut in public, so what? Unless you are a virgin and spend every night at home playing monopoly, then i dont think you have any moral right to judge him.

Actually its not all you have to be concerned about, at least not if you care about the club's and the games image, something I and many others care about and I won't turn a blind eye just because of the player in question's profile. I hate to see the club(which I support for more reasons then just on the field) take a pointless and easily avoidable beating over a situation that could easily have been avoided through the usage of a few brain cells and I hate to see the damage it causes at different levels of the game. What he does in private I do not care he can screw to his heart's content but the point your missing is off the field in public he represents the club and his actions reflect the club he represents, his responsibilities aren't limited to just on the field and if he wants to be a future captain of the club then he needs to grow up.

At the end of the day we all are entitled to our opinions, each to their own.

Unread

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • maddo
  • Fozz
  • theshed
  • Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.