THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I love Kevie. But we should be preparing for plan B. The results for the last 5 weeks have been unacceptable.

The last 10 minutes, the season on the line and they do not look like a well coached team.

I reckon the football manger & CEO are professional enough to make whatever decision is necessary from whatever evidence they gather.

I think they’ll be having some long conversations with certain senior players to get a clear picture of things.

Ikin would also be observing a lot just from being in the inner sanctum
I doubt the players would feel comfortable to be as open & honest with them as they would with an independent third party.

Well you will half back the club.
Wouldn’t worry, don’t think the phins are making much of a shake of the comp next year. Would be so much easier to commit if Milford wasn’t playing there tbh. Just want to see our club get back to a much more professional standard. Still a few cobwebs in the place.

Please explain that reference for those of us that know zero about the NBA (Knicks are basketball, correct?)
Not an expert on basketball in recent years, but The Knicks were a powerhouse glamour club that turned into the laughing stock of the NBA.

They should have every reason to be a great team in a big city, are often hyped up by the media and entitled fans, but through a combination of poor management, bad contracts, embarrassing off-field shenanigans and entitled players they are perennially knocked out in round one of the play-offs in spectacular fashion, or miss out altogether. A revolving door of new players and coaches, but little improvement.

I think Kevvie knows he is in trouble. Saying at the start of the year no finals is failure for us, now he is saying ( and he is technically right ) 13 wins is an improvement. You cant have it both ways though, while it is an improvement, if you say anything but finals is a failure, thats what should be judged on.

Average pts conceded per game in 2019-2020 was -25.30, in the last 2 seasons under Kevvie it’s -25.94.
Overall record 2019-20
14-30-1 (.311)

2021-22
20-28 (.417)

Btw, they surrendered 26.02 pts per game during Seibold's tenure.

Overall record 2019-20
14-30-1 (.311)

2021-22
20-28 (.417)

My bad, I just used the ladder so I forgot the final

If Seibs was rock bottom it’s still not much of an improvement.

Overall record 2019-20
14-30-1 (.311)

2021-22
20-28 (.417)

so what your telling us is that Kevvie recorded 1 less win this season that Seibold did over his entire Broncos tenure 🤔

celebrate rugby league GIF by NRL

Sacking kevvie isn't going to fix anything. How many coaches do we need to go through to realise it. The top teams all have one thing in common, consistency. Consistency in coaching staff and key players right across the board. The broncos turning to their 4th coach in 4 years isn't going to magically fix some of the issues there. This year was an improvement on last year and the year before. Next year we will have a new spine, mam, Reynolds, Walsh and probably walters/paix. Last year it was croft, Milford, turpin and isaako. It's almost entirely different. You need alot of time before combinations with players like staggs and cobbo can form, we saw some great signs this year or Reynolds combining with cobbo etc. Give them another preseason under kevy, he will be better for it knowing what to expect over origin. I bet we improve again next year.

Sacking kevvie isn't going to fix anything. How many coaches do we need to go through to realise it. The top teams all have one thing in common, consistency. Consistency in coaching staff and key players right across the board. The broncos turning to their 4th coach in 4 years isn't going to magically fix some of the issues there. This year was an improvement on last year and the year before. Next year we will have a new spine, mam, Reynolds, Walsh and probably walters/paix. Last year it was croft, Milford, turpin and isaako. It's almost entirely different. You need alot of time before combinations with players like staggs and cobbo can form, we saw some great signs this year or Reynolds combining with cobbo etc. Give them another preseason under kevy, he will be better for it knowing what to expect over origin. I bet we improve again next year.

Those top teams you speak of, when they weren't getting the results they expected from their head coach, they did sack them. They brought in people that did get the results.

Bellamy finished 5th in his first year, only missed the finals once which was forced on them. Robinson won a premiership in his first year. Cleary finished 1st & made the GF in his second year, premiership in his third.

I think the cowboys are a great comparison to the Broncos.

2021 NRL ladder:
15. Broncos
16. Cowboys
Both Walters & Payten new to their respective clubs in 2021.

Now look at how the two teams compare 12 months later.
2/3. Cowboys
9. Broncos

So what’s Kevs excuse?
Cowboys have a winning mindset

Broncos are still in loser denial and need a lacrosse team to shove a parking cone up their ass.

He'll survive, no doubt but I think I'm going to make sure he knows about one thing he right royally(ha ha) fucked .

I think if DD/Ikin decide a change is needed, they'll make that change at assistant level first.

if that happens Josh Hannay would be my first call.

if we change more than one, the Stephen Kearney would be my second call.

Captain Coach Reynold has been poor the last 6 weeks .
Assistant coach Walters should never be sat down at a press conference with a dirty table cloth .

Its fine. He can sign a 2 year deal there and then Arey will be ready to finish up.
We aren't getting a player rorters want to keep. They have a billionaire owner who is TERRIBLE at golf. Our only hope would be he has about 3 acls in a row then the Roosters "suddenly" find multiple positive drug tests, making his contract void.

Unread

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Broncorob
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • MaroubraBroncos
  • Yem
  • ettybay
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.