THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Niu hasn’t even been that bad....Riki has been terrible in defence so has dearden and Coates. That right side has been woeful but I wouldn’t have put it on niu.

I am happy with the job Kev is doing, I know it's hard but I try to not judge it based on the results

Just things like last week they were able to change the momentum of the game for a 10-15 minute period there until some poor kicks handed it back to them and then some lousy defending on the right edge let Gagai slip through which opened the floodgates

Kev is making the right decisions, you could bring in any coach you want there is no quick fix

I hope it works out for Walters, but dropping players is the easy part. Whether it actually fixes the issue remains to be seen and so far you'd have to say his management of the halves has been diabolical.
If I were being super critical I’d suggest that the changes happened this week because he is spooked by Kikau and not because of any real well thought coaching plans. I’ll give benefit of the doubt though.

I can't see a scenario where Milford stays

His value is going to be halved, at least.. he would have to go back to QCup and really tear it up big time but if that happens you just know clubs like the Tigers will be talking to his manager, we're not the only team in the comp in desperate need of a quality half or 2

Milford at his best, there aren't many better, Kev has to get him there and then negotiate a fair deal

Kevs bench management is awful. Every week Cardigan turns to complete shit after the first 20-25 minutes but keeps him on for 30+ and he makes errors and costs us points.
He said he wouldn’t be playing Haas for 65+ minutes, yet he is, and he has put a half on the bench the past few weeks to give them 5-10 minutes after the game is lost.

Kev isn’t a good coach. Everyone knows this except the old boys supporting him. He has the gig now so he can fail, get sacked and they can get a real coach for 2023.

Kevs bench management is awful. Every week Cardigan turns to complete shit after the first 20-25 minutes but keeps him on for 30+ and he makes errors and costs us points.
He said he wouldn’t be playing Haas for 65+ minutes, yet he is, and he has put a half on the bench the past few weeks to give them 5-10 minutes after the game is lost.

Kev isn’t a good coach. Everyone knows this except the old boys supporting him. He has the gig now so he can fail, get sacked and they can get a real coach for 2023.
There isn't a coach alive that could coach the roster we have to being able to consistently win games of footy with where they are at with their development

That's not the fault of Walters but that's where the club is at and he being paid to get them out of it, I have seen some good signs but as I said. There is no quick fix

There isn't a coach alive that could coach the roster we have to being able to consistently win games of footy with where they are at with their development

That's not the fault of Walters but that's where the club is at and he being paid to get them out of it, I have seen some good signs but as I said. There is no quick fix
Everyone keeps saying this but no one is offering a defence of the valid criticisms being raised.

Totally agree...I think it’s important to try and separate the annoyance and frustration felt from the past couple of seasons from KW. He’s taken on the biggest coaching job in rugby league under the hardest possible circumstances.

He’s been given a very damaged playing group (none of which was his fault) and has the unenviable task of not just cultivating a winning side but healing a lot of mental scars, whilst getting no respite from the media.

I expected he’d make some mistakes along the way, similarly to his players, he lacks experience. Hopefully he’ll learn as things progress.

There’s no questioning his love for this club. I have complete faith he’s as dedicated to getting this right as any of us could wish. For him, the players, the club and the fans, I hope he can get the Broncos back to where we all want them to be.

This is one of the things that ticks me off about Vlandys. He talks like clubs like the Broncos should just fix up their own errors, which is true, but then look at the draw, how can it be so lopsided? How can a draw like that be totally 'random'? If you are going to act like an arrogant clueless idiot, at least don't try to hide it I guess and in fairness to him, he isn't trying to hide it.
That’s the downside of our status. Broncos are by far the biggest club in the game. Even with all the success the Rorters and Storm have had, they still can’t come close to how big, how important the Broncos are in the NRL, nor can any other side.

Brisbane will never get any favours in terms of the schedule etc. I think they take for granted how self sufficient Broncos have been. Mind boggling how poorly this game is run, but that’s a whole other topic😂

Sure, but just about every coach with half a brain would do a better job with bench management

Kevvie should have kept the faith and stayed the course with team selections. Only change through suspension or injury since he knew the first 10 rounds would be tough.
But no, we get our first win against the Dogs and then the changes start. Slippery slope, he is on now.

The media goes on about Penrith winning 22 of their last 23 or whatever it is, they'll win another half dozen games before they get beaten too, they've got a pretty nice draw with some soft games between the hard ones

Meanwhile we've taken on Parra, Melbourne, Souths, Gold Coast.. Penrith tomorrow night, followed by Parramatta and the Titans again

It's a ridiculous draw

Kevvie should have kept the faith and stayed the course with team selections. Only change through suspension or injury since he knew the first 10 rounds would be tough.
But no, we get our first win against the Dogs and then the changes start. Slippery slope, he is on now.
Oh, I don't think he went too crazy. Milford needed to be dropped and Nui was poor defensively too. He has to move things around a bit. Besides that, we've had a very tough draw so far and we've been competitive in large chunks of the games. The tide will turn and we have talent.

Agree. Kev would have been better off shielding dearden until the titans game in 2 weeks and then thrown him in and dropped milf then (assuming we keep losing).
If we get pumped by Penrith there is no plan B and he’ll have no choice but to double down on dearden which will just add another layer of pressure on everyone.
Anyway milf will get another chance as either dearden or Croft will get injured at some stage and kevvie will have to bring him back in then.

When is the perennially injured Copley going to be not injured again supposedly? It is pretty funny we swapped one injury magnet centre for another in the off season.

Kevvie was guest speaker last night at some corporate do. Apparently he's band mobile phones on game day, while they're on the bus, during training and goodness whenever.

That little edict will have severely put a few noses out of joint. It might not sound like much but these sort of 'hard' decisions are desperately needed with this mob as they play like they barely know each other let alone are part of a cohesive unit.

The media goes on about Penrith winning 22 of their last 23 or whatever it is, they'll win another half dozen games before they get beaten too, they've got a pretty nice draw with some soft games between the hard ones

Meanwhile we've taken on Parra, Melbourne, Souths, Gold Coast.. Penrith tomorrow night, followed by Parramatta and the Titans again

It's a ridiculous draw
To be fair, every games a tough game when you're on the bottom. But we definately seem to have the rough end of the pineapple on this one.

Kevvie was guest speaker last night at some corporate do. Apparently he's band mobile phones on game day, while they're on the bus, during training and goodness whenever.

That little edict will have severely put a few noses out of joint. It might not sound like much but these sort of 'hard' decisions are desperately needed with this mob as they play like they barely know each other let alone are part of a cohesive unit.

Maybe he should lean into it and start posting his on field instructions via dance videos on Tik Tok

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • kwomo
  • Sanjit Joseph
  • Bucking Beads
  • Manofoneway
  • Cavalo
  • Hurrijo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.