THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just about every game day thread on reddit has had a consesus of us being a dumb and poorly coached team.

Love Kevie, but that 23 grand final appearance may have been a fluke and we might be paying for it for another couple of seasons.

It's a good thing Broncos fans don't suffer.
Reason why I stay way from Broncos/NRL reddit because so many negative comments

One of the pitfalls of being a publicly listed company
How true, but only if you let it be. Their agenda would certainly be more about the 40k turning up rather then about the thrashing and all matters relating to captain or coach.

Not really true, it appears the NFL - far from being some sort of bastion of the robber baron culture - has actually had a salary cap scheme in place for nearly 30 years: currently around $255M per 53-man club roster. I had thought the top soccer leagues like the EPL, the Bundesliga, La Liga etc. were pretty much free-for-alls, but it appears they too will be implementing caps.

(BTW, did you see in the last minute or so of the linked vid, that fellow's spray on his head coach, from the sideline, in semi-public view ? Now Selwyn, that's how to do it ...)

The thing is that even all that is no insurance against long droughts, there are several onetime NFL powerhouses that then went up to 30 years without further championship success; then too there's the case of Man U drifting back to the pack after Ferguson's departure (sound familiar?).

I guess the message for clubs like Melbourne and Penrith is to appreciate the present success because nothing lasts forever, as those same winds and currents of circumstance that delivered the right people through the door in the first place can also shuffle those cards again at any time without notice.

Back to the Red Hill ranch, it's as if an organization that started out as a footy club on a mission to win titles but had the attributes of a business, then started, sometime around Bennett's (first) departure in '08(?), to morph into a business with some of the attributes of a footy club. I wonder just where and on what the Board's attention has been principally devoted.

Well that's enough of my speculative rambling.
Sure you’ve picked one that doesn’t have a major discrepancy (which is still arguable) in place and as such out of all of them you see the least amount of domination from franchises. Sure the Patriots were pretty dominant but there has been 11 different Super Bowl winners since the 2010 season.

In MLB and NBA they have luxury tax’s that disincentivise further expenditure whilst in the MLB the discrepancy between the big market team’s expenditure and lower teams is absolutely laughable.

Whilst the NHL has a salary cap they have a 20 million dollar discrepancy (approximately 25% of the cap) between the cap floor and the cap maximum which makes for a clear discrepancy in quality.

Not to mention the only restrictions in European football are Financial Fair Play rules which dictate that a club must play within their means of revenue earning (which restricts competition if anything) and interestingly enough this was not introduced at all to even up the playing field but to ensure financial viability of a large percentage of clubs in Europe that had extreme debt problems and struggled to maintain yearly profits.

I understand the point you come from in that they don’t tolerate losing but the restrictions towards effecting change in short term periods merely don’t exist in comparison. The closest is the NFL where they have 255 million a year to spend, unguaranteed contracts, a 25 million a year lower cap floor than the maximum, a trade system and a draft. Significantly changes one’s ability to effect change when you work in an environment where the cap is 10 million for 30 players, 95% cap floor, no trades, no draft and a very strong view on mid-contract movements in comparison to these other sports. The flexibility and mobility the cap allows is not even remotely comparable enough to say the Yankees and similar elk global sporting franchises don’t tolerate defeat and effect change well so why don’t we?! It’s just not that simple of a statement to make.

I can't agree with this.

The Broncos are a CLUB. Players future, past and present are the club's primary asset. As past players their opinions matter, at least as much, if not more, than anyone else's. They don't get to dictate to management, but they're welcome to share their views. And that includes Corey Parker, a past captain, even though he is universally loathed.

I would be disappointed if the Kevvie era intake of old boys didn't have his back. These were our golden years. They want to relive them and bring them back. More strength to them.

That said, you're right in that it's destined to end in tears.

I like that they have his back. I don't like the toxic manner in which they try to defend him.

Sometimes, all you need is a good chart to work out what's wrong. Care of rugby league eye test.

Recall we had arguably the best defence (certainly on our own goal line) in the NRL last season.

Now - can you see us? Right slap bang in the centre. Scoring 22 points per game makes you roughly competitive against most teams.

Conceding 22 points per game means you'll lose far more.

That's where we are at; so, whose fault is this? If you want a layman's explanation, well, here is one.

Forwards win you games, your backs determine by how much you win said games.

Our forward pack has gone backwards since last season. We are weaker than last year.

Again...whose fault is that?

I think the reason why we are weaker is because we have lost so many huge names that made us last year

It is so telling that we all have charts. Old boys have words. Stats that just look atrocious.

Kevin has a number of sycophants on this forum. This is a dark chapter in Kevin Walters rein.

Having missed the finals, which was seen weeks back, 2025 will be a knifing. 2023 is now seen as like Seibold winning the Dally M of coaching. Walter's has been exposed.

Old boys, and Walters using his connections to put out a narrative won't be able to hide. The king is dead.

I think this is the first time I’ve actually officially said it but sack Kevvie.

Update the thread title

Can someone update the 'Never year we've got Kevie' to be sad and melanchonic.

He should be but realistically they won't. They'll probs give him the first half of next season like Brad Arthurs did at parra.

Active Now

• broncoscope
  • Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • GCBRONCO
  • scobie
  • Skyblues87
  • Gaz
  • broncos4life
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mr Fourex
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.