THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I said wait and see how the next season goes before, but I was expecting the Broncos to finish pretty strongly this year. If it continues like this, they need someone else next year.

Thats on the coach as much as the players. He was quick along with the rest of the management to get the likes of Lodge and TPJ out of the club for being toxic, so if its the case why is he allowing this to carry on under his leadership. He's part of the system that has allowed this to get to this stage if they arent putting in. At the end of the day, right or wrong, the coach lives and dies by results, and ours arent good enough.
I'm saying it doesn't matter who the coach is... players haven't been buying in for years... unless Bennett is coach... board might need to check if he's keen to try again

Weekend At Bernies Hello GIF

They look like the worst or at least the least coached team every week, and it's crazy that they'll probably finish 14-15th. I thought Kevvie with new assistants would've been ideal but it's starting to look untenable. But there is also clearly a player attitude problem which is worrying that even a club legend like Walters can't fix, and there's a severe lack of football smarts.

Michael Maguire would drill into the bunch of morons exactly what they have to do down to how to tie their own laces. The roster is not the problem, we need someone to come in who knows the game and knows what true professionalism looks like, we don’t a rebuild, we need the finishing touches.

I'm saying it doesn't matter who the coach is... players haven't been buying in for years... unless Bennett is coach... board might need to check if he's keen to try again

The old fox has his eyes on Perth team once his Ravvits gig ends.

He seems to think as his dad is the coach he do what he fuckin likes on the field, make as many mistakes as he likes all with impunity so why not let him have a go at coaching as well.

Wrong Billy.

The titans were traditionally lazy and gave close to zero shits about effort until Des came in

I think they put in and i do think they buy in, but our gameplan is very weak. We have nothing to go back to when its not working. Thats a Kevvie problem, and i dont think Kevvie is a great communicator either.

Seibold before him just over complicated things and confused the players with what he wanted them to do. Plus, he could never get Wayne out of his head which didnt help.

Then we go back to Wayne. Whats he got that the other dont. Thats an easy one, he's got a simple game plan for the good players to build on. Look at what Bennett ball literally is. Run hard, make your tackles and get through your sets. Thats the platform you can build from, especially when you have quality players. Under Kevvie, we are trying to run before we can walk.

Michael Maguire would drill into the bunch of morons exactly what they have to do down to how to tie their own laces. The roster is not the problem, we need someone to come in who knows the game and knows what true professionalism looks like, we don’t a rebuild, we need the finishing touches.
There's a good reason he's not coaching an NRL team right now. You remember his last regular coaching gig at the tigers right? After being sacked from the Rabbitohs...

There's a good reason he's not coaching an NRL team right now. You remember his last regular coaching gig at the tigers right? After being sacked from the Rabbitohs...

Who else is there? Brad Arthur? Mr. 11 years and one Grand Final?

I think either Maguire or Arthur are suitable options, the club simply can't go on as they are now, if what you're doing isn't working you have to try something different.

The problem is let’s say we keep kevvie next year and see how the team progresses (which is what I think they’ll do), we can already see that it’ll be the same team and we will still struggle then half way through the season he’ll get sacked so we’ve then wasted yet another season.

Who else is there? Brad Arthur? Mr. 11 years and one Grand Final?
I'm not sure recycling failed NRL coaches has ever really worked well save for a few very rare examples like Cleary who I really feel inhereted a great setup the second time round with great supporting coaches like Ciraldo etc.

If we can't buy a great incumbent by throwing BIG $$ at them, then we'll need to look to the future. Jason Ryles would have been my first suggestion but that ship has sailed.

Billy may be a dark horse - but an ex storm player coaching the broncs - I can't see him taking that on - Cam Smith would probably never speak to him again lol.

if it were my money, I'd be bringing in the best we could afford to support a new, likeable coach. Have people like Brad Thorn handle defence. I'd throw a mil a year at bringing Joey Johns in to coach attack - yeah I get he's blue to the core, but he's literally the Shane Warne on explaining bowling and strategy, in the NRL for attack and half back strategy.

Then setup someone likeable like Billy or a similar new comer in the top role.

We have money to buy success. Fucking use it.

The problem is let’s say we keep kevvie next year and see how the team progresses (which is what I think they’ll do), we can already see that it’ll be the same team and we will still struggle then half way through the season he’ll get sacked so we’ve then wasted yet another season.
Nah it's becoming untenable... the club can't sack him, because it's too close to the GF to be sacking a coach, but they'll give him a tap on the shoulder and tell him to resign to save face.

Active Now

• scobie
  • bb_gun
  • Skyblues87
  • Xzei
  • Dexter
  • broncsgoat
  • broncoscope
  • sooticus
  • Jedhead
  • Gaz
  • Stix
  • Yellowfella
  • Harry Sack
  • Alec
  • Justwin
  • Wolfie
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.