THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yep for the 1st 10 minutes !
What happened after that ? So if you score a cpl of individual tries it`s OK to act like a fck wit and warm up with no shirt ? Is that what you are telling me ?

No shirt , no chase , disrespect your team mates . They all are 1%s that add up .
He had two try assists absolutely butchered by Mariner and Oates. So he should’ve had two tries and two try assists in a badly beaten team.

How would that change anything? How would it make you feel any better?

I'd like to believe that the club knows the performance of this year is unacceptable and plans are in place to rectify it. Hurr durr origin and injury excuses aren't going to cut it. I hope they aren't banking on that "it'll be right "next year.

I said before but I almost hope we lose out from here and come 2nd last as that's the only way things change.

I'm with @Big Del here as I think it's more about team standards and focusing on your job in an important game. Reece is a little too aware of his himself and getting on camera.
I can't tell whether Reece demands to be the goto man in every play or whether that's all the team has. Either way, the coach shouldn't centre the entire attacking structure around one dude. The poor kid should not have that responsibility.

I can't tell whether Reece demands to be the goto man in every play or whether that's all the team has. Either way, the coach shouldn't centre the entire attacking structure around one dude. The poor kid should not have that responsibility.
Didnt Reynolds say in the podcast the other day that Reece wants to be in every play and he told him to just chill and sit behind the play a bit to find a spot to inject himself.

Didnt Reynolds say in the podcast the other day that Reece wants to be in every play and he told him to just chill and sit behind the play a bit to find a spot to inject himself.
Inject himself with what? Drugs are bad.

Because it would show that there is leadership at the club that will hold people accountable. The Broncos are a very high profile brand, he can’t just hide away in obscurity like he did in Melbourne.

The impression I got was that he was too into theory, not enough into prac and that translated onto the field. It seemed like he was overly reliant on these replays and would wait until he had the footage before he'd assess his players.
This is correct from what I heard at the time from an ex player. Specifically mentioned was Corey Oates (no surprises there) walking out of training sessions or one on ones with no idea what he was supposed to do with the information he had just been given...

Agreed, he shouldn't have that responsibility on his own.

How about the coaching staff and Captain come up with a plan to...hmmm I don't know, take advantage of Reece being monstered every play. It's not rocket science.

Although, maybe it is a bit too complicated for our team and staff, given the absolute lack of adapting to the Bulldogs shifts 2 weeks ago.

The story Corey Parker told on the radio about Reece doing the warm up with no shirt on was a good little insight . Ever heard of a player doing their onfield warm ups shirtless ? WTF !!??
Lets not forget this is the same Corey Parker that was a coach at the club the year we won the spoon. If he's calling for better standards, he certainly didn't drive them when he had the chance!

Everything he says is motivated to hit back at the current regime for cutting him loose.

But I do agree with you, warming up without a shirt on is just strange.

This 100%.

It feels like KW & his staff have nothing else but the sweep play out the back to Walsh.

We can’t go a day without being told how much talent we have In our side by supposed experts and Kevin’s mates in the media yet he doesn’t appear to have made much use of it this year.

Lets not forget this is the same Corey Parker that was a coach at the club the year we won the spoon. If he's calling for better standards, he certainly didn't drive them when he had the chance!

Everything he says is motivated to hit back at the current regime for cutting him loose.

But I do agree with you, warming up without a shirt on is just strange.
Not only that, the same Corey Parker that abandoned the players during this season because he wouldn't quarantine with the team due to his media commitments so basically abandoned them that season anyways.

Well at the moment we have Kev's press conferences where he tells us he doesn't know what happened, maybe it was Origin, and just looks completely bereft of ideas. We have a team who went into the sheds ahead at half time cop an almighty shellacking and give up in the second half in a manner we have seen in years gone by, just not last year. We've been a shadow of ourselves all year and the coaching staff generally have seemingly done little about it. Now we have our two main assistant coaches jumping ship and the entire state of the football side of the club - the part we fans care about - looks fragile as ****.

I, for one, would feel better if the CLUB publicly acknowledged that current results aren't acceptable and things were in place to ensure it would be turned around. I don't even care if it's true, just give me a cuddle and tell me it'll be alright, give me some form of hope to fucking hold onto. DD is the figurehead of the club. If the players aren't doing their job and the coach is seemingly clueless about how it all ended up this way, then I fully expect the figurehead of the club to come out and give me, as a suffering fan, some fucking confidence that the good ship will be righted.

Bloke in a bar went pretty hard on Kev by their standards. Fox are all Kev’s mates. The ball is in his court, if he keeps losing the way he has been, they won’t be able to keep pretending not to see it as hard as they may try.
Denan and Kevvie are low key mates too. He's even sat in the box with him. That's about as close as Kemp is going to get to saying Kevvie has to go. He left enough verbal wiggle room that he might've been talking about "systems" but he was talking about the coach.

Does Reece's rig embarrass you? Why are you so caught up on this? You have now made like 5 posts about a dude having his shirt off.

He obviously prefers blokes and there's nothing wrong with that.

Was paying extra attention to Mariner's rig earlier on in the season as well.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncos4life
  • BruiserMk1
  • pagey
  • thenry
  • Financeguy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Spooky1013
  • Hurrijo
  • phoenix
  • Skyblues87
  • mitch222
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Fozz
  • Fitzy
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.