THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
To’o is one of the best players in the game, mariner is one of the worst.
To’o may not be tall but to compare him to mariner is laughable.

I wasn't comparing their ability, I was comparing them physically, you're obviously late to the discussion.

Billy Slater thinks he`s a decent assistant ?
Caretaking is a lot different to getting a 3 year stint where you get to pick your own roster wouldn`t you agree ?
Think we've established that good assistant coaches dont make good head coaches, most of the time...

I wasn't comparing their ability, I was comparing them physically, you're obviously late to the discussion.
To’o is nearly 100kg
Mariner isn’t even 90
and I bet that weight is all muscle, that’s why To’o makes an impact and mariner looks like a child playing with men.

Billy Slater thinks he`s a decent assistant ?
Then sign him in that role.
2014- 10/24- 10th
2015-7/23-12th
2016-11/23-7th

28/70-40%
Ta, RLP let me down.
Caretaking is a lot different to getting a 3 year stint where you get to pick your own roster wouldn`t you agree ?
Not that different, you still have a large enough sample size to see that he's nothing special.

Let's keep searching.

The NRL has turned into a dramatic clownfest where they have sacked every coach from every club bar 4 and we are stuck in the coaching merry go round.

We have a good coach. We played a GF last year. Sacking him to recruit Hannay, madge or any other coach is just going to turn us into the tigers.

Players like Pat Carrigan aren't going to stick around for Brisbane's version of the Tigers.

Just out of curiosity, what makes a good NRL coach in everyone’s opinion?

This isn’t meant to be a leading question, it’s just something I’ve been thinking about recently given the discussion around Kevvie.

This isn’t meant to be a leading question, it’s just something I’ve been thinking about recently given the discussion around Kevvie.
Someone who takes our club to a GF and wins the damn thing. in doing so if they can set the club structures up for future success they’d be considered a great coach in my eyes.

Someone said this a few years ago. The secret to success in the NRL is to have the gap between your very best game and your very worst game be small.

I was Kevvie's biggest cheerleader on here. I wanted him for two years to reset the tone of the place, take out the trash, pacify the old boys and mend our relationship with the media. He did that. To that extent he was an unqualified success.

I never expected him to be a Premiership winning coach, but he almost was. He outperformed expectations. To that extent he was a success.

This season, though, is more in line with my fears. He under-performed the expectations he set last season. The Kevolution did not happen. He is no longer a successful coach, and gives no impression he knows how to fight his way out of this pickle.

He might learn from this, but it should be at another club. Perhaps head north with Billy and Harry to be PNG's foundation coach.

The players

You wanted him fired into the sun 10 weeks ago.

Yeah and boy hasn't he proved me wrong, very happily so. My biggest criticism of him was having pets and not giving the kids ago - he has now shown that this isn't the case and then some. He's answered every single question asked of him this year. This is also why I still have faith in Kevvie.

What do you make of the Penrith outside backs? they'd barely be taller than your average man, they run for about 100 metres a game. None of those players look built like brick shithouses. To'o in particular averages 180 metres a game.

Straw fcking Man ?
Troll me with a homophobic slur . Then want to have a debate ?
Go fck yourself !

They win more than they lose .

Someone who can unite the playing group.
Someone who coaches a style to get the most from every player through a structured attacking base and defensive system that gets ruck control.
Someone who improves players weaknesses.

I was Kevvie's biggest cheerleader on here. I wanted him for two years to reset the tone of the place, take out the trash, pacify the old boys and mend our relationship with the media. He did that. To that extent he was an unqualified success.

I never expected him to be a Premiership winning coach, but he almost was. He outperformed expectations. To that extent he was a success.

This season, though, is more in line with my fears. He under-performed the expectations he set last season. The Kevolution did not happen. He is no longer a successful coach, and gives no impression he knows how to fight his way out of this pickle.

He might learn from this, but it should be at another club. Perhaps head north with Billy and Harry to be PNG's foundation coach.

I aspire to be with and support a club, that doesn't sack their coach after he's had one bad season.......

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Sanjit Joseph
  • Dash
  • Fozz
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • azza.79
  • Broncosarethebest
  • bb_gun
  • Turky Murky
  • Behold
  • davidp
  • broncos4life
  • johnny plath
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.