THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Being a supporter doesn’t demand blind faith of every aspect of the Broncos.

Sure but........from a GF in the 2023 season

to sack him after the 2024 season. A season riddled with injuries to major impact players......
Criticise the coach sure.....

but sacking him seems a bit extreme don't you think?

Kevvie will probably get another chance, not sure i buy this " he deserves it " argument. Second failure in 3 years punctuated by one outstanding campaign. Keep saying it, but the way we are losing and the manner of our defeats is very, very concerning. Its more concerning that the results themselves.

This. I don't mind losing games, every team gets beaten...it's the manner in which we're losing them that worries me. There's losing and then there's losing. If we continue to lose in the manner that we have been, I don't see a way forward for Kev unfortunately. Like most on here, I hope I'm wrong.

to sack him after the 2024 season. A season riddled with injuries to major impact players......

See my post above. I could cop us losing by 1 or 2 trys due to injuries etc but we're getting absolutely destroyed. The bulldogs game in particular tossed up all sorts of alarms for me man. Me, sitting at my PC watching the game could see what they were doing to our edges after about 10mins but the head fucking coach and none of his staff could? Or the players? Or even worse, they all could and just had absolutely no idea how to deal with it? I don't know what's worse tbh.

Like I said, I don't want him gone but for mine he doesn't have 10 rounds next year to save his coaching career, he has the rest of this season.

Maybe…I might have a different view at the end of the season.
People are angry because he seems to have no answers, it’s not just the poor results.
The injuries are a cop out, we were basically full strength at home against the dogs with the season on the line and were an embarrassment.

See my post above. I could cop us losing by 1 or 2 trys due to injuries etc but we're getting absolutely destroyed. The bulldogs game in particular tossed up all sorts of alarms for me man. Me, sitting at my PC watching the game could see what they were doing to our edges after about 10mins but the head fucking coach and none of his staff could? Or the players? Or even worse, they all could and just had absolutely no idea how to deal with it? I don't know what's worse tbh.
What would you have done...what were you calling for? TACKLE THE *****!!

I agree with you/everyone in the way we're losing, it's disgraceful.

But this is a team sport.......and the team is
the players
the coach
the coaching staff
the physios
the medics
the
etc
etc

If we're so keen to sack the coach...shouldn't we also sack everyone else as well?

2020 the club was a mess. 2023 we lost a grand final.

Like I said, I don't want him gone but for mine he doesn't have 10 rounds next year to save his coaching career, he has the rest of this season.

2024 we have a shit season and its time to sack the coach.

The behaviour is reminiscent of spoiled brats.

the players
the coach
the coaching staff
the physios
the medics
the
etc
etc

If we're so keen to sack the coach...shouldn't we also sack everyone else as well?

Not keen to sack him at all. Just giving an honest assessment of the situation as I see it. Regardless of what we as supporters think, if we continue to lose by 20+, for the rest of the year, the powers that be will remove him. They will make out that he has next year to turn it around but I think they'll be exploring their options in the background.

The club needs to figure out if that was coaching or just players not putting in.

I was at the game and sure as shit haven't watched a replay, but I saw some of the highlights when they were getting around us, and I noticed a lot of the time the defensive line pushed up and then stopped and waited for the player to catch it and pass.

They were right fucking there and just stood flat footed. They needed to be committing to tackling the player and then the man outside them committing to tackling their man as well.

No point rushing up and jamming in... if you don't do the fucking jamming part of it... you should've just been sliding in the first place.

They looked like a team that just didn't want to be there and got completely out enthused... which is alarm bells for the playing group as well... need a strong leadership group to be pulling players into line so that shit is not accepted.

The club needs to figure out if that was coaching or just players not putting in.

I was at the game and sure as shit haven't watched a replay, but I saw some of the highlights when they were getting around us, and I noticed a lot of the time the defensive line pushed up and then stopped and waited for the player to catch it and pass.

They were right fucking there and just stood flat footed. They needed to be committing to tackling the player and then the man outside them committing to tackling their man as well.

No point rushing up and jamming in... if you don't do the fucking jamming part of it... you should've just been sliding in the first place.

They looked like a team that just didn't want to be there and got completely out enthused... which is alarm bells for the playing group as well... need a strong leadership group to be pulling players into line so that shit is not accepted.

This. However, it is on the coaching staff to drive that culture also. The review needs to take a good fucking look at the footy side of the club from top to bottom, literally. It's all contributed - recruitment, conditioning, coaching, players. No-one should be spared an almighty kick up the arse except perhaps Patty. He's literally the only one who has put in all year. Would like to see him get an early off-season tbh, poor bloke has been exhausted since fucking Easter.

the players
the coach
the coaching staff
the physios
the medics
the
etc
etc

The buck stops at the coach.

Maybe…I might have a different view at the end of the season.
People are angry because he seems to have no answers, it’s not just the poor results.
The injuries are a cop out, we were basically full strength at home against the dogs with the season on the line and were an embarrassment.
WTF ? Was Captain Coach Reynolds doing about it is what I would like to know ? He is Kevvies on field leader . Seems the same tactic worked for 80 minutes ?

He took over the wooden spoon team in 2021, in an absolute shambles, and at least improved them a bit in his first year.

Anyone who counts that first year against KW's record has an agenda against him.
We finished 3rd last. Two years previously we'd made the finals.

But full credit for spotting the evil AGENDA. Next thing you'll be hunting down NARRATIVES and CLICKBAIT.

We finished 3rd last. Two years previously we'd made the finals.

But full credit for spotting the evil AGENDA. Next thing you'll be hunting down NARRATIVES and CLICKBAIT.
Nah but it's a fair call imo. We were worse than terrible in 2020. We weren't going to do anything of note in 2021. We got off the bottom of the ladder, had 7 or so wins compared to 3.
We objectively improved in 21.

Nah but it's a fair call imo. We were worse than terrible in 2020. We weren't going to do anything of note in 2021. We got off the bottom of the ladder, had 7 or so wins compared to 3.
We didn't really. 21 got the new coach complimentary get of our jail free card, but it wasn't earned. It was still a failure.

The collapses in 22 and 24 are evidence of that.

We got to play high risk unstructured attack against the odds, off the back of rock solid defence in 23. We didn't get away with that lack of plan in 24.

Seibold failed to make the 8 once, and got the boot before the season finished. He wasn't even our coach when we got the spoon.

We didn't really. 21 got the new coach complimentary get of our jail free card, but it wasn't earned. It was still a failure.

The collapses in 22 and 24 are evidence of that.

We got to play high risk unstructured attack against the odds, off the back of rock solid defence in 23. We didn't get away with that lack of plan in 24.

Seibold failed to make the 8 once, and got the boot before the season finished. He wasn't even our coach when we got the spoon.
Ok. If your think we didn't improve in 21 then that's your call.

Siebold made the 8 in 2019 from what I remember, even if it was 58-0..

And 2 of the wins in 2020 were pre Covid... we got 1 win in the next 18 games

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • davidp
  • Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • leon.bott
  • Dash
  • Dexter
  • broncsgoat
  • john1420
  • upthebroncs
  • Xzei
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.