THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
People don't usually need to big note themselves, usually.

You're the exception.

I don't actually think he's Ben's mum- I was more getting at the fact that he re-worked his CV like a mum would completely erase any questions about anything that may be negative.

(There are no hard luck stories when you coach at Dolphins.)

There's two things they can't argue with. The defensive improvements under kev from 2022-2023 and making the 2023 grand final coming from the wooden spoon three years prior.

It's laughable people saying that they can't see it turning around.. he did it less than two years ago!
Point out where it's improved:

Thanks, Mrs Te'o. Can Ben speak for himself now?

I like the way whenever a Te'o side has lost the other side is stacked and you're ignoring the NRL players he has at his disposal.

The Colts he lost 46-32 and that the Blackhawks didn't even win the minor premiership they only won one more game than the Dolphins- the Blackhawks weren't the best side Wynnum were all year. 46 points against in a Grand Final and you don't give that defence a second thought? Dolphins scored the first two tries and then let the Blackhawks score the next four!

Onto Cup- Falcons stacked again just unlucky. Faalogo hadn't played NRL yet and had played 27 Cup games. Howarth had been on the Coast since 2021. Wishart played 8 games for the Falcons, Pene Cup since 2019.

But you leave off that Te'o had Cameron Cullen, Trei Fuller, Te Whare, Max Plath and was down 34-6 at half time. Again, nothing wrong there?

Last week 46-18- another 46 against in a final- no thoughts there?
So I take it you have some reservations on Teo as a D coach?

The Walter's definitely need to go and if Billy Slater would be willing to come coach us full-time, would be the best option.

The Walter's definitely need to go and if Billy Slater would be willing to come coach us full-time, would be the best option.
What makes you think Slater would be the best option. Yes he is a smooth communicator and shows promise as a coach, but bear in mind, 3 games of Origin per year is a very different beast to a full season of NRL ups and downs. Also, he was completely shown up by Madge this year, especially in that 3rd game.

I reckon Slater would crack under the pressure of being an NRL coach within 1 season. Especially without Cameron Smith, JT, Cronk etc holding his hand in origin camp.

What makes you think Slater would be the best option. Yes he is a smooth communicator and shows promise as a coach, but bear in mind, 3 games of Origin per year is a very different beast to a full season of NRL ups and downs. Also, he was completely shown up by Madge this year, especially in that 3rd game.

I reckon Slater would crack under the pressure of being an NRL coach within 1 season. Especially without Cameron Smith, JT, Cronk etc holding his hand in origin camp.
I do agree Madge would be my 2nd option behind Slater as well. Though getting someone with a bit of Melbourne storms character would be good for the club.

Slater's a myth, hope he is who Melbourne go to after Bellamy so the downfall can finally happen.

Billy Walters is probably the least of our problems tbh. Kevvie really needs to take some serious learnings from the shit show we’ve got right now. The club needs to work out what we’re recruiting and have a plan that doesn’t involve just talent. We need a mix of footballers and athletes not just athletes. The club needs to protect our players from the rockstar life playing at our club creates. We need to be better in all facets.

I'm definitely not Billy's biggest fan, but he could absolutely be utilised better and kept in the 17.

He could easily be your take the sting out of the game hooker for the first 20 mins until you bring a Mozer on with better service against a slightly more tired pack. That's a strategy that's been used many a times successfully by good teams. My issue is we burn 2 subs taking Billy off as more often than not he comes back on to finish off the game.

Even as a backup 6 he has squad value when needed.

To think flicking him would instantly solve many problems is crazy.

So I take it you have some reservations on Teo as a D coach?
Teo was one of the first players I can remember to really not try wearing a broncos jersey.
Does anyone remember when he was laughing after Canberra put 50 on us?

I do agree Madge would be my 2nd option behind Slater as well. Though getting someone with a bit of Melbourne storms character would be good for the club.
Fair point mate. As much as we all detest those purple pricks, can't argue with the systems they have in place that make most of the rest of us clubs a bit envious.

Slater, based on what?

Kev basically achieved what Billy Slater achieved as Origin coach. Billy's stocks went down a bit this year.

There's been some cooked selections in origin, no doubt about that. But what was demonstrated by Slater was a game plan in attack and defence. I can't recall a game plan under a Walters team outside of adlib footy in attack. What you can guarantee with a Slater coached NRL team is an emphasis on the basics and fundamentals. I think we can both agree that Walters hasn't emphasised that this year.

Slater, based on what?

Kev basically achieved what Billy Slater achieved as Origin coach. Billy's stocks went down a bit this year.
Billy would follow off alot of what Bellamy does as coach and the Melbourne's environment is amazing. That's alot better direction and leadership that our clubs need more of.

I hope he does prove people wrong who don't think he is up to the job.
100% I hope Walters turns it all around and proves my lacking confidence to be nothing more than an over reaction. A lot of it has to do with close to a decade of mediocrity and worse. My biggest issue with Kev has been bringing in family, it's a disaster waiting to happen.

Unread

Active Now

• MrMoore
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.