Post-2000, who is the best Bronco signing?

I'd still take Milford over Folau purely on him having more runs on the board. It's close though because Izzy at his best was a match winner particularly in 2010. I can remember the Manly and St George game where kicking to Izzy proved the difference.

However I don't think he hit the club highs of Milf nor did he have the longevity.

Both have negative connotations though so if you played it safe than Hannant would be the safe bet albeit he was a Broncos junior to begin with.

With Reynolds arrival around the corner it got me thinking, what is the best big name Broncos signing this millennium? That is since 2000, who are players that debuted at other clubs that have been successful once arriving at the broncos ?

i can’t think of many and the ones I can I would rather forget.

- Milford
- Barba
- TPJ
- Lodge
- Bird
- Segyaro
- James Roberts
- Blair (I liked Blair)
- Croft
- Martin Kennedy

The best I can think of is Peter Wallace.

- Mead
- Moga
- Vidot

were all fine, I guess

**** me that list is dire, and you left out far and away the best one before Reynolds, Israel Folau.

I'm going to have to say Ben Ikin, if he doesn't sign in 2000 he doesn't come back here in 2021.

Would have to be one of Richard Swain, Scott Andersen or Andre Savelio.

Reynolds is the best post-2000 signing, good chance he is in the running for best signing ever.

prior to Reynolds Folau would probably have been the best post-2000 signing
Hasn't played a game yet. Could do his ACL next game, or just turn up and be a dud.

Post 2000 would be Israel Folau, Casey McGuire, Shane Perry and Peter Wallace.

People can say what they like about Perry, but he's our last premiership winning 7.

While probably not the best, didn’t Hannant debut at the Roosters? He came from there regardless didn’t he?

While probably not the best, didn’t Hannant debut at the Roosters? He came from there regardless didn’t he?

Yep 8 games in 2005. Went from the Coast to the Roosters- went to PBC.

Good pick, I thought about him, but thought he debuted at Broncos then went to Roosters after. 100% one of our better signings if that's the case.

Hodges.

Discussion over.

We have signed some Barry Crocker's over the years no doubt about it, especially on huge deals

Gillett and Reed would be good shouts but didn't they make their NRL debut with the Broncos?

Ennis suffered a setback but I'd argue he was one of the form players of the 2008 competition.

Gillett and Reed would be good shouts but didn't they make their NRL debut with the Broncos?

Ennis suffered a setback but I'd argue he was one of the form players of the 2008 competition.

Yes, they did.

Both against the Cowboys. Gillett in Round 1, 2010 and Reed in Round 1, 2011.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • sooticus
  • Johnny92
  • Manofoneway
  • Manifesto
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fozz
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.