VOTE POTS 2016 Round #1 vs Eels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Please click the image to vote your Player of the Season MOTM, 2nd and 3rd best for this round against the Parramatta Eels.

Re: Round 1 - Eels vs Broncos

3. Oates
2. Gillett
1. Thaiday

The forwards did their work tonight. Superb work rate and effort. Eden had a terrible debut. He reminded me a lot of Whitchurch almost. Corey Oates is maybe about to have his true breakout year. What a star.

Hunt was....Average. He had some good kicks but also some poor ones and a bit of dropped ball. A little concerning, but I'll give him the benefit of rusty doubt.

Last edited:

3. Milford
2. Oates
1. Gillett

Good first hit out. Engine room got the job done fairly easily and I think we were probably playing in 2nd gear, especially in attack. I'd say it's the fittest Gillett has ever been. Every tackle he made was dominate and hit that hole fast in that second half. Roberts was quiet but steady and Eden probably had a night to forget. All in all pretty good.

Very ordinary game, soured by the Kahu injury, I'll take the 2 points and never look back.

3. Oates
2. Gillett
1. McGuire

p.s - Was that 5 errors by Eden? We've somehow managed to find the English Whitchurch.

3. Gillett
2. Oates
1. Milf

Hard for me to split Matt and Corey. Oates made some immense carries out of our end and gave them headaches in attack all night. It would be very left field but if he ever scored the wing outside Inglis in Origin? Sweet Jesus...

Matt put his hand up with strong runs all night but his watertight defence gets him the nod. He was the linchpin that shut down Ma'u, Semi and Jennings. That was the end of them.

Honourable mention to Macca.

Good effort all around from the guys really, except for Eden. Not Hunt's best night but he'll warm to the task once his confidence returns.

Pretty scrappy second half but that's one in the bank and we're on the march. We'll tighten up from here.

Hope Kahu is ok.

3.Oates
2.Gillett
1.Milf

Please move Roberts to left Centre. He's going to be wasted at right Centre all year. Reed can play Right Centre. He's mainly there for his defence anyways

3- Oates
2- Gillett
1- Moose

Honourable mentions: Milford, Thaiday, Glenn and Macca

I could barely split Oates and Gillett, but gave it to Oates in a tight one

Moose just beat out Thaiday and Milford

Same for me. Hard to leave out the Milf, Blair and Thaiday.

3. Corey "the tank" Oates
2. May Gillett
1. Josh McGuire - got thru a mountain of work in only his second hit out since a huge injury layoff. He looks primed for a massive season

3. Gillett
2. Oates
1. Glenn

Gillett and Oatesy were monsters. Glenn actually looked dangerous running the ball tonight and that beautiful pass to put Oates away secured him the 1 point.

Gillett
Oates
Macca

3- Gillett (pretty much shut down Parra's left side, rattled quite a few Eels ribs, ran and carried the ball very well, was robbed of a try for the 69'ers... :spy:)
2- Oates (only a whisker behing Gillett after a magnificent first half, too bad he didn't go with Kahu to shutdown their try)
1- Milford (could've gone to a lot of people, but the Milf was pretty much the only playmaker we had today, scored a try and clinched the win with a beautiful field goal)

1. Oates, 2. Parker, 3. Gillett

Eden had worst game ever. 5 knock ons. One leading to a try, another almost leading to try. Is not NRL material. Possibly lowest fantasy score ever for a Bronco starter to play 80 mins. lol at you pricks thinking this guy can play. Should never play again.

3. Gillett
2. Oates
1. Glenn

Gillett and Oatesy were monsters. Glenn actually looked dangerous running the ball tonight and that beautiful pass to put Oates away secured him the 1 point.
Exactly as I voted and I thought a few of us missed Glenn's contribution including his time before shifting to centre.

3 Oates
2 Gillett
(1.25ea Norman / Kahu)
1 McCullough

honorables to Milf Glenn & Kahu, Hunt will do better for the run, Roberts needs some time but even then I dont think our style will see him with quite the same opportunities as the basket case down the coast - at least not as regularly, Eden needs time to but really don't know I see it's worth the investment with Seve and Anderson in the wings, Blair was solid and so good to see McGuire back although its easy to forget how small he is - im sure will turn into more of an advantage down the track this year, good on Thiady for manning up to the bench role, but jeez Offa is just smokin them all - Bronx only fwd who really looked like challenging the Parra pack (of course they all handled themselves though) blimey he is a star in the making - he Oates and Milf alone could carry a team to trophies in the next few years! Wallace and Eden you guys are swell but also the weakest link!

Last edited:
3. Oates
2. Gillett
1. McGuire

Honourable Mentions: Milford, Glenn, Blair

Oates was the cream of the crop IMO.

3. Weet-Bix
2. Shaving Utensil
1. SHOW ME THE MONEY

3. Gillet
2. Oats
1. Milford
Boyd deserves a mention, he was always in the right place at the right time. Every time I saw him on screen he was talking, leading from the back. Very valuable IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • heartly87
  • Gaz
  • Stix
  • Reds2011
  • Strop
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fozz
  • NSW stables
  • broncsgoat
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Browny
  • winslow_wong
  • Robboi_321
  • Kev_Guz
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.