PR Disaster

B

big k

QCup Player
Apr 10, 2013
Can someone pkease post the PR Disaster article from the CM

Nothing in it, just a salty journo that got snubbed when he asked a shit question.

Blindside NRL column: Broncos have a PR disaster on their hands

JUNE 29, 2018
THE Broncos have a PR disaster on their hands with Anthony Milford.
Not only is he struggling on the field, but off it, he is hardly the ambassador the club should expect of a $1 million player.
When Milford was asked by a journalist last week about missing out on the Queensland Origin team, he rudely ended the interview and simply walked off.
The journalist was stunned.
The Broncos have done a wonderful job on media training with James Roberts, Andrew McCullough and Darius Boyd. Milford needs help ASAP.

Nothing in it, just a salty journo that got snubbed when he asked a shit question.

Blindside NRL column: Broncos have a PR disaster on their hands

JUNE 29, 2018
THE Broncos have a PR disaster on their hands with Anthony Milford.
Not only is he struggling on the field, but off it, he is hardly the ambassador the club should expect of a $1 million player.
When Milford was asked by a journalist last week about missing out on the Queensland Origin team, he rudely ended the interview and simply walked off.
The journalist was stunned.
The Broncos have done a wonderful job on media training with James Roberts, Andrew McCullough and Darius Boyd. Milford needs help ASAP.

Should have his pay docked for that trash.

**** these journalists are entitled...

They seriously think they’re a lot more fucking important than they actually are.

Could easily say the same about Milford in this instance, if that's how it went down

Could easily say the same about Milford in this instance, if that's how it went down

Given the way reporters twist things these days, I'll hold judgement until I see some visual evidence of said incident

All he had to say was " I'll do my talking on the field" and keep walking. Give them nothin - take them nowhere..some journos are indeed beyond saving.

Nah, it was a stupid question. How the **** do you think Milford feels about being dumped from Origin. Go fishing for your clickbait somewhere else, Moron.

How is it not a valid thing to ask about? Broader issue is his patchy form, whether he thought he was given a fair shot in Game I, if Kevvie has told him where he wants improvement, where does Milf want improvement. Plus Milf could just dead bat it, as another suggested.

PR disaster is a bit far though. Matt Lodge is more PR disaster.

Sounds like they were disappointed that the Broncos didn't hand them over such another easy shot at Lodge with their recent press conference that they are trying to once again make a mountain out of a molehill.

That's a PR disaster? Missing a question? Have they happened to catch the President of the USA's presser's lately?
Seriously, if he misses your question, move on. That players answer any, sometimes is a wonder, the way certain journalists report them.
How would you like to talk to a bloke who just wrote an op-ed piece about you not being good enough, then expects you to go out of your way to treat him like an old friend, for a question that really has no context beyond emotion? Seriously?

He should have replied with his own quip, something like:

'I felt the same way anyone does who reads your trash' or 'I feel sick, like you do knowing you are pretending to be a professional journalist when you really aren't' or 'mate, I'm gutted but at least I'm not in the gutter, life isn't all bad for me' or 'sorry bud, I prefer to speak to real journalists'.

Just to be controversial, I am going to take a different view. We all seem to be rushing to protect Milford. I agree with the journalist that it was poor form. He is being paid big money and part of that comes with the responsibility of dealing with the press and providing responses for the fans. Even if he considers the journo to be as dumb as dogshit or the question asinine. His response reeked of Newcastle Darius. What was wrong with simply batting it away with an `Of course I am disappointed, part of the reason we play is to make sides like the Origin side and represent our State. The onus is on me to ensure my form is good enough that I am in the selector's eyes and putting forward a strong case to be picked.' Done and dusted and walk away.

Everyone makes the odd mistake in communication. We are all emotional beings. If anything Milf gave his answer in spades - from his actions he is obviously very disappointed at not being selected. The journo would be stoked with this outcome anyway - "Milford The New Darius Boyd" blah, blah, blah.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Santa
  • Tim K
  • john1420
  • BruiserMk1
  • Financeguy
  • thenry
  • Jason Simmons
  • RolledOates
  • Ondi
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mister Wright
  • Griffo
  • Skyblues87
  • Bucking Beads
  • Justwin
  • BroncosAlways
  • Culhwch
  • Horseheadsup
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.