Pre Game & In Match Thread

Browny said:
NSW's version of player ratings

1. Kurt Gidley
Honoured by the national anthem when the words were changed to ''Our Home is Kurt By Sea.'' Thurston stole his possession and pride. 7

2. Jarryd Hayne

Some athletes in this glorious world of sport can be relied upon to rise to an occasion. They need a stage and an audience. Enter Hayne - if he's fullback. 7

3. Timana Tahu

His football hero is the Minnesota Vikings' Adrian ''All Day'' Peterson, aka ''The Purple Jesus''. Succeeded to a degree in containing Maroons messiah, Inglis. 7

5. Brett Morris

How good is this bloke? So good you'd have thought he was interchanging with twin brother Josh when he was tired. A shining light in a beaten side. 8

11. Trent Waterhouse

Most impressive House since Scott Prince's. The House is the bloke responsible for keeping Paul Gallen in Club Land. He did his damnedest to show why. 7

12. Ben Creagh

The most ridiculous pre-Origin barb was about Creagh being soft. No Origin player is soft. But his late kick was a brain snap. 6

13. Anthony Watmough

The first miracle was that he kicked during a game of football. The second miracle was that it was in Origin. The third was that Hayne scored off it. 7

Interchange: 14. Jamal Idris

Half the population of Queensland was needed to bring him down on his first run. Try on debut. Big enough to make Inglis look like a midget. The future. 7

RO4L [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

What game was he watching? Idris a 7? He defended like a spastic we should have gone at him way more.

Anthony Watmough has flaccid penises for fingers and can't tackle to save himself.

Waterhouse was more like a shithouse.

Tahu was good for throwing cheap shots that was about it

The Hayne Train was running late, that pass over the sideline [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Gidley is only in the team because they were stupid enough to make him the captain. He's not even the best footballer in his family, let alone good enough to be a State of Origin captain.

Just got back from sydney and im buggered as, havent read all the posts but will give a brief summation of my night. I sat in the QLd supporters bay, and got drenched!

As i said last year when i went to sydney for the game, it seems like no-one cares down there!! i was decked in maroon gear all day in the city, and maybe 4 ppl said "go the blues" or "ur in the wrong state" (to which i replied 'someone needs to fill ur stadium', quite humorous i thought, and it shut them up). on the other hand, about 20 ppl yelled out support for qld. Much the same at the game, NSW fans were spread out and quiet, whereas the QLDers were thick in numbers and support.

Lockyer was brilliant, and proved me wrong, that he is in fact in the top 2 halves for QLD. Im happy to admit that. Thurston again showed why he IS the best player in the game, bar none. Comparing him to johns, like they are doing in the media, is rubbish. Thurston has already proven in origin he is far superior to johns. Thurston will gone down, with lockyer, as one of the best halves to ever play for QLD and australia.

Loved thurstons passion to, im not sure what was shown on tv, but with abot 15 minutes to go and a scrum to the blues on their own line, thurston was putting his hands to his ears, and motioning to us in the QLD support bay, to make some noise, and we got a good QLD chant going for him, to which he replied with a grab of his QLD badge. I love that bloke, so passionate and not afraid to show it. I was worried without hodges there we wouldnt have someone like that, but as usual, thurston stepped up to the plate.

Apparently, myself, kelsey and my mates were on tv after each QLD try too haha. tv superstars!

QUEENSLANDER said:
Lockyer was brilliant, and proved me wrong, that he is in fact in the top 2 halves for QLD. Im happy to admit that.

Great post overall but very happy to see you admit that!!

BHQ seriously needs a rep system.

Just saw Thurston on Ch10 news talking about Lockyer. Was something along the lines of 'Please keep bagging him because every time someone does, he puts in a performance like that and it bites them on the arse'. So true, it seems like everytime people write off Locky, from BOTH sides of the fence, he absolutely kills it.

The way Locky was directing us last night was so cool, calm and calculated. He made a couple of **** ups early in the match, but as you would expect he kept his head and performed like the champion he is.

Full credit to the rest of the team. Always looked calm and held their own, when we stuffed up we composed ourselves and got right back into it. In Brisbane we need to go for the throat and fire up big time.

Scotty said:
In Brisbane we need to go for the throat and fire up big time.

I want to see NSW annihilated in Brisbane.

ningnangnong said:
Scotty said:

That would be awesome just what Lockyer and Petro deserve IMO. I hope it happens I really do. icon_thumbs_u

I would not be able to contain the party in my pants if we really gave it too them in game 2!

ningnangnong said:
Scotty said:

I want that too. I want the series wrapped up in front of our home crowd, giving Locky and Petero (if he retires from rep footy) the send off they deserve.

I would also like to see Pricey at the game doing the lap if we win being that he is retiring at the end of the year. he deserves a great send off too.

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • Sproj
  • Aldo
  • Fitzy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Battler
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Justwin
  • whykickamoocow
  • Fozz
  • Alec
  • Redux
  • Porthoz
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Johnny92
  • Skathen
  • bb_gun
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.