Saturday
Night
18:35

Dragons

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carrigan

"I will play. Training went well on Friday and I’m feeling OK. There’s still some pain there. My face is still a bit swollen. It has gone down a lot. I came in the other day and the boys were laughing at me because my face had totally blown up, but it’s a lot better than it was. In my head, I am playing from right now."​
“Unless I take a turn with the antibiotics, I will definitely play. I feel much better. The first couple of days I was pretty busted, but the doctors decided to remove it (wisdom teeth) now and hopefully I’ll be right for the rest of the year.”​

Walters:

“Patty is smart. We have the medical clearance for him to play, so we are not going against medical advice. It just depends on Patty and whether he feels he has done enough to take the field. He trained well, so we will see how he pulls up tomorrow and we will give him until kick-off to make a decision. It will be his decision, not ours, on whether he plays or not.”​

Don’t mess up that gorgeous face! 🤣🤣🤣

Wisdom teeth can mess you up. Funny name for them.

Presumably the Broncs should win this if they are doing anything this season in the finals.

What odds would you have got for the Bronc-Dolphins 1st game being between 2 unbeaten teams?

Don't worry, we lost to the Dragons in the finals and still managed to get a premiership the last time we won it all.

It's still early season and random shit can happen, Dragons typically get all their points early in the season then turn to shit, so even losing this game isn't indicative of how our season will go, anything can happen in this sport.

I hate it when we play teams with big forward packs eg. Raiders last year.

Managed to get the “inside scoop” on the Dragons team and their game plan for 2023. Here it is ⬇️:

97E81037 FC88 4E75 A1B0 3B3DB1CB9AE9

After all this non stop talk about the Broncos and Dolphins playing each other undefeated, if we get fucked over tomorrow you know the NRL prefer us being a smoking crater in the ground.

After all this non stop talk about the Broncos and Dolphins playing each other undefeated, if we get fucked over tomorrow you know the NRL prefer us being a smoking crater in the ground.
Pretty sure that's a given, here it comes...

To me this is one of those games we just won't be able to get ourselves up for. Round 1 against the reining champs and the local dearby against the cows were easy to get up for but this is different.

There is likely to be some complacency after the last two weeks and throw in a few rough calls, bad bounce of the ball and Ben Hunt and Jack Bird having blinders i am genuinly concerned about this.

A pre game Kevie spray and reminder about what the Dragons did to us last year is in order for this i think.

On another note, what Walsh did last week was brilliant. But he needs to do that consistently for us. Hoepfully no one gets caught up in what we've done so far this year because premierships aren't won in round one and two.

Most teams have been terrible in their second game except us really, this would be the Dragons' second game.

To me this is one of those games we just won't be able to get ourselves up for. Round 1 against the reining champs and the local dearby against the cows were easy to get up for but this is different.

There is likely to be some complacency after the last two weeks and throw in a few rough calls, bad bounce of the ball and Ben Hunt and Jack Bird having blinders i am genuinly concerned about this.

A pre game Kevie spray and reminder about what the Dragons did to us last year is in order for this i think.

On another note, what Walsh did last week was brilliant. But he needs to do that consistently for us. Hoepfully no one gets caught up in what we've done so far this year because premierships aren't won in round one and two.
I think it's unrealistic to ask Walsh to do that every week but a base level of near it would be way too much for basically any team.

My first match attendance of the year…

Nah we'll get a pass this week but get absolutely smashed next week to promote the shiny new play thing and try and manufacture a rivalry

Walsh:

“Ezra is awesome. If you watch ‘Ez’ closely, every time there is a shift, he is pushing up around the ball, so if I can take something out of his book, hopefully I can be a better player. Every time Ez touches the ball, he is just smart and we want to combine as much as we can this season. If we do that well, we are a chance of winning a football game.”​

Mam:

“Thurston and Bowen were my idols growing up, I watched a lot of their games when they played. A bit of a routine I do is watching footage of ‘Mango’ (Bowen) before games. Being an idol of mine, I loved the way he played, so I watch a bit of video of him before the game and that always gives me extra confidence. It definitely puts me in the mood, I like to take a bit from him and bring it to my game. Me and ‘Walshy’ can form that connection over the years at the Broncos and hopefully we can build that sort of combination.”​
“That’s just Reece Walsh. He will just pull a rabbit out of the hat when he wants to. Give him the ball and he will play, he just makes everyone’s job easier. We just give him space and he will do something special.”​

Walters:

“Ezra has some trick shots in his game but it’s about pulling the right trick out at the right time. That’s something ‘Alfie’ was good at and all the good halves are. You have a bag of tricks there, which trick to pull out at what time in the game. Ezra and Walshy are still learning that part of the game and ‘Reyno’ (Reynolds) is helping them in that regard. Reece and Ezra are certainly special talents - they are an exciting mix for us.”​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.