Pre-season

Mate go have a lie down, that emailed taxed me and I am not unwell and didn't right it

Nah mate, it's easier to froth at the mouth sitting up. That dazza bloke in that other thread told me. At least he got something right.

I would guess Hunt hasn't quite turned out the way the dragons were hoping. He was a big part of us getting to a GF. They had to drop him.

There are a few who haven’t gone better.

But these are the ones who have gone better - Allan, Collins, Tino, Gagai, Arrow

There are a few who haven’t gone better.

But these are the ones who have gone better - Allan, Collins, Tino, Gagai, Arrow

is that really surprising given they were all fringe first graders at the time. i would have expected them to improve.

with Gagai in particular, IMO, his sacking was the kick up the ass he needed to take his career seriously.

is that really surprising given they were all fringe first graders at the time. i would have expected them to improve.

with Gagai in particular, IMO, his sacking was the kick up the ass he needed to take his career seriously.

No it isn't surprising at all. To be honest though, I am surprised by how few genuine superstars Brisbane has produced over the last ten years.

No it isn't surprising at all. To be honest though, I am surprised by how few genuine superstars Brisbane has produced over the last ten years.
I'm not. They are all over hyped and think they are amazing and then they don't put in the hard yards. The players who have done well on recent years are the ones who had rough starts to their careers.

Tedesco multiple injuries, Munster almost dropped, Brandon Smith was basically sacked, papa was third choice fullback.

I'm not. They are all over hyped and think they are amazing and then they don't put in the hard yards. The players who have done well on recent years are the ones who had rough starts to their careers.

Tedesco multiple injuries, Munster almost dropped, Brandon Smith was basically sacked, papa was third choice fullback.

Very underrated post.

Have often thought this myself. We are a club at the moment with an ‘entitled’ culture, full of players who haven’t really dealt a lot of career adversity. This is why when during games we are put under the pump, we just completely fold.

Lodge is one of the few exceptions of someone at our club who has gone through adversity in his career and his demeanour and the work he has put in to turn his life around is reflected in the way he plays. He actually looks like he gives a ****.

The rest of the squad with the exception of a select few like Haas, Staggs, Coates, Farnworth and Carrigan, are entitled brats who have had steam blown up their ass since high school, got paid more than what value they provide and think they have made it despite achieving **** all in the game compared to their peers. This is the negative side of being a one team town when they get treated like royalty before they’ve earned it. It doesn’t help when the local press is calling this guy the next Lockyer or this guy the next Webcke, etc. Kevin Walters realises this and his primary focus next year is to identify a squad of players who actually want to be here and cares about the club.

We have become a comfortable club. But then again Fifita did leave to play ‘comfortable’ footy so maybe I am wrong or maybe he really did leave for the money...

During my school years at wavell during the 2000’s there were plenty of guys signed with the broncos and I can tell you a grand total of 1 made the nrl. And it wasn’t with the broncos.

During my school years at wavell during the 2000’s there were plenty of guys signed with the broncos and I can tell you a grand total of 1 made the nrl. And it wasn’t with the broncos.

Same, though not at Wavell. I can also tell you I played against a school where 10 or so went on to play NRL and all of them with teams other than the Broncs, one in fact became one of the best ever, if not the best.

Same, though not at Wavell. I can also tell you I played against a school where 10 or so went on to play NRL and all of them with teams other than the Broncs, one in fact became one of the best ever, if not the best.

I am curious, can you name some, I understand if you don't want to?

Active Now

• marw
  • Broncosarethebest
  • RolledOates
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.