QLD Team

M

mal

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Billy Slater, Darius Boyd, Greg Inglis, Willie Tonga, Israel Folau, Darren Lockyer (capt), Johnathan Thurston, Matthew Scott, Cameron Smith, Petero Civoniceva, Nate Myles, Sam Thaiday, Ashley Harrison Interchange: Cooper Cronk, David Shillington, Neville Costigan, David Taylor

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 93,00.html

i think its ok, not that many broncos :)

Well Coxy got it right on facebook except he had Shillington starting over Scott

Te'o is on standby and Ballin is 18th man for Smith.

I know the selectors are loyal but I can play more minutes than Costigan atm

Yeah I don't have a big problem with Cronk on the bench, but I would have liked to see Tuqiri in the side in place of Boyd. Can't really argue with the decision though.

The selections of Scott and Costigan worry me.

The rest, I can live with.

Congratulations to Cooper Cronk and David Taylor for making their Origin debuts.

The Rock said:
Cronk on the bench isn't going to cost you the game.

Still an extremely strange decision. I think it might be because Cameron Smith will struggle to get through the entire game, so Cronk will probably come on at hooker for most of it.

Smith himself said if he wasn't going to be top notch, he's drop himself from the game. Otherwise, choose fkn Ballin

Brilliant run on side but the bench is not right. Cronk should NOT be there.

Expected that side.

Just going to be repeating what others have said by my only real qualm is with Costigan. Would have Te'o, Bolton, Luck and Parker over him at the moment.

I don't mind it.

This Origin could end up being pure madness.

ethos said:
Just going to be repeating what others have said by my only real qualm is with Costigan. Would have Te'o, Bolton, Luck and Parker over him at the moment.

+1

Still better than NSW anyway.

ethos said:
Expected that side.

Luck?

Don't like the bench, but.. I still see a slaughter.

Surprised Te'o and Parker didn't get named...

ethos said:
Expected that side.

Agreed.

Not sure how they've selected Costigan ahead of some of those names you've mentioned, especially Te'o and Bolton.

The Rock said:
Cronk on the bench isn't going to cost you the game.

Still an extremely strange decision. I think it might be because Cameron Smith will struggle to get through the entire game, so Cronk will probably come on at hooker for most of it.

Meh, if the Blues have Idris then we can afford to carry Cronk on the bench.

Smith won't be 100% fit and won't play the full 80 minutes even if trains on Saturday so Cronk will cover that. And if Smith does withdraw then Cronk offers an experienced backup for Ballin.

Costigan, meh. He's produced the goods at origin level so I suppose he's a safe bet. I'd rather have Bolton but I'm not crying in my beer.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.