Quade Cooper

Russo

Russo

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
With Cooper announcing today that he has re-signed with the ARU for another year, but only one year that being the Rugby World Cup year, it certainly begs the question of him going to league in 2012 after his interest this year.

With Locky close to retirement is Cooper an option for us at #6, rather than letting him leave Qld to head to Parra. My take on Cooper is that he is probably in the Benji Marshall type mould with an excellent kicking game, suspect tackling (but so does the current Broncos #6 [icon_wink ) and an unknown flair that could excell in the NRL.

Thoughts ?

If he's still with Stephanie Rice then, he'd be pretty keen to stay up here. Could be similar to the Greg Inglis situation, except hopefully he would actually want to come to the club.

I can't see us throwing him the kind of money that Parra was willing to though...

But then again, any player would take less pay to wear our jersey! icon_thumbs_u Right? [icon_shru

Jazza said:
If he's still with Stephanie Rice then, he'd be pretty keen to stay up here. Could be similar to the Greg Inglis situation, except hopefully he would actually want to come to the club.

That would be hilarious if the Broncos recruitment stragegy centred around players wives and girlfriends living in QLD.

Bannermania said:
Jazza said:

That would be hilarious if the Broncos recruitment stragegy centred around players wives and girlfriends living in QLD.

haha maybe we're going the wrong way about our recruitment. We should be looking for the most eligible young ladies in Brisbane and setting them up with potential recruits

I don't think someone like Quade presents a worthwhile risk. To get his signature we would need to pay him at an elite players level yet he may be not be anywhere near elite. He would be good from a marketing perspective(and for the game) but I think that presents more value to other clubs than it would to us.

Quade Cooper should not even be on our radar, I mean I don't really think that the guy has even really proven himself in Union yet, one goodish season for the Red's and he's meant to be some kind of superstar?? I don't think so.

azza79 said:
Quade Cooper should not even be on our radar, I mean I don't really think that the guy has even really proven himself in Union yet, one goodish season for the Red's and he's meant to be some kind of superstar?? I don't think so.

Quick news update.. he's staying with ARU, since about a week ago.

If you read the thread it's about the possibility of him moving to the Broncos NEXT YEAR. Read the thread before commenting.

OK.

You met the Stable yet? Oh wait, no, you haven't! :P

azza79 said:

Absolutely agree 1 million %

Active Now

• Gaz
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Stix
  • Mister Wright
  • Strop
  • johnny plath
  • upthehorse
  • Maddy
  • Jedhead
  • Ondi
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.