Queensland Bulls 2018/2019

None of anything you said has any relevance in the discussion we're having unfortunately. I agree with literally everything you said, we should be rewarding runs over all else. I'm talking exclusively about this specific scenario, Hemphrey isn't Hussey, or Voges, or Klinger.. He's a guy who's nearly 30 years old and has only managed to play 25 shield games and averages 32. What are we gaining by rewarding & nurturing that type of player ahead of a 23 year old putting up comparatively similar numbers, who may have a chance at the type of late bloomer run you're referencing.

No we are at polar opposites- you said Shield should be a development competition for young batsmen.

That's the opposite of what I believe. I think you should be in the best 11 cricketers in your state and older players have a tremendous role.

One thing I don't understand is why our guys are playing such little first class..

For example I was just looking at Langer's profile, he played 360 first class matches of cricket, even if you take away his 105 tests that's 255 first class matches.

Some comparison points for our experienced brigade.. S.Marsh 118 FC matches, Paine 91 FC matches, Khawaja 85 FC matches..

Is it any wonder we suck? Even our most experienced bats have barely played 1/3rd of the amount of longer format cricket as Langer, that's a disgrace. Anyone who is aspiring to be a test cricketer should have incentive to completely avoid both shorter formats over the winter, they should all be going to England to play county cricket, and when they're not playing county cricket, play grade cricket somewhere, just play more fucking cricket.

England wised up to the fact that every other country was beating it senseless while it helped. Only one import per team now. As well as international cricket is now 11 months of the year, they don't have an off-season anymore to go over there.

Same thing here, once New South Wales had Imran Khan, Queensland had Viv Richards, Kepler and Botham, SA had Barry Richards but who was the last to play Shield?

No we are at polar opposites- you said Shield should be a development competition for young batsmen.

That's the opposite of what I believe. I think you should be in the best 11 cricketers in your state and older players have a tremendous role.

Once again you've lost an argument so have resorted to lying, I don't know why you do that. I even said in the post that you quoted that runs should be rewarded over everything else. I just think in this specific situation we're discussing, where 2 players are so close in the runs that they've produced in their careers, that the younger of the two should have the upper hand when the last spot in the XI is up for grabs.

Now, ff Heazlett came out and failed the next 4 innings after that faith was shown in him, fair enough, bring in Hemphrey, but you've gotta give these kids a chance to play as much FC as possible, as you kindly pointed out in your previous post, there's very little opportunity for these guys to play FC anymore.

Bulls bowling- bold move I like it.

Renshaw out for 2.

Have a look at the scores across the board in shield today, the batting in this country is non-existent

Did you see NZ’s scorecard against Pakistan?

Last edited:
Did you see NZ’s scorecard against Pakistan?

I did, glad it's not just us. Although Shah was bowling absolute hand grenades, go check the highlights, the ball he got Ross out with was an absolute peach.

Interesting day, Bulls bowled really well but Victoria fought back but still weren't batting well. They just never looked in. Some very odd dismissals.

Sloppy from Renshaw- massive loose drive with no shape or hands. Khawaja poor down the leg side. Great catch from Swepson thought it had smashed through his hands then he got it back.

It was a great day to watch bowling and it nipped around and kept the batsmen moving. Great catching.

Last edited:
Burns gone- edging.

That's 10/13 caught behind.

Seven from the Vics caught behind and three of Bulls.

Last edited:
Siddle just ripped through the middle order with two bowled and LB. Gone from 3/162 to 6/201.

It juiced up with the rain and sunshine and he was full and straight.

Last edited:
88 to win.

Last edited:
Good win, pretty much season over if they didn't get some points soon. Nice to knock over an unbeaten Vic and that first innings bowling was the key.

Tasmania in Hobart next week.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Johnny92
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Fitzy
  • Bronx48
  • I bleed Maroon
  • KateBroncos1812
  • theshed
  • Bish
  • Xzei
  • broncsgoat
  • jd87
  • Strop
  • kiwi2
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.