CRICKET Queensland Bulls 22/23

Bulls 3/76

Clayton holding it together again. If he falls I think trouble is coming.

Qld need 4. A bit of inclement weather around.

Jimmy Pierson with the captain’s knock keeping the Bulls in the hunt to face WA in the final. ❤️

Don't know anything about this clayton kid but he seems to be having a good start to his career.

Whitney, Dooley, McGiffin and Brown on debut.

QLD bowling really well

Edwards with two maidens straight up

Paddy comes on and we get a run out

NSW 2-37 after 11 overs chasing 273

The Heat have found their all rounder. Josh Brown with a decent 3-ball effort to finish off the game!

The Heat have found their all rounder. Josh Brown with a decent 3-ball effort to finish off the game!

Hehe I was watching that and thinking, poor guy. Then he proceeded to actually somewhat comfortably win the game for Qld. He's a quality player. I reckon once he finds his feet in this slightly longer format, he could be really fun to watch and some records might tumble.

I'm really actually happy to see the Heat have springboarded him and Johnson into OD and in Johnson's case, FC as well. Interesting Dooley got a run yesterday too which he likely wouldn't have if Swepson and Kuhnemann were available. Johnson seems like a genuine hidden gem just quietly.

Hehe I was watching that and thinking, poor guy. Then he proceeded to actually somewhat comfortably win the game for Qld. He's a quality player. I reckon once he finds his feet in this slightly longer format, he could be really fun to watch and some records might tumble.

I'm really actually happy to see the Heat have springboarded him and Johnson into OD and in Johnson's case, FC as well. Interesting Dooley got a run yesterday too which he likely wouldn't have if Swepson and Kuhnemann were available. Johnson seems like a genuine hidden gem just quietly.
Agree. I turned on with about 6 overs to go and thought I was going to be the reason we lost as they hit 5 6s in an over!

I don’t think Johnson gets games for SA if he doesn’t play for the Heat. He’s in some good form at the moment. Gotta hope we have him locked up as he would be an attractive option for a lot of BBL teams.

Queensland (31.2 points)

Played: 8 | Won: 3 | Drawn: 3 | Lost: 2 | Total BP: 10.2

March 2-5 v South Australia (Gabba)

March 14-17 v Tasmania (Blundstone Arena)

An undermanned Queensland outfit rescued their season with a magnificent final-day victory over NSW last week and are now just 0.14 points behind Victoria in second place.

They'll likely need to keep winning to be a chance of jumping Victoria, and first-innings bonus points could be a major factor should both teams finish on the same number for wins for the season, so they'll need to keep playing attacking cricket either way.

If stand-in captain Jimmy Peirson (359 runs) keeps batting like he did during his century at the Gabba last Wednesday that shouldn't be a problem, and with Michael Neser and Mark Steketee (both with 33 wickets) among the top three bowlers this season, taking the 20 wickets shouldn't be a problem. Like Victoria, the Bulls can still host the final should the Vics and WA slip up in their final two matches. And if they do make the final, they would also be boosted by the returns of captain Usman Khawaja, Matthew Renshaw, Mitchell Swepson and Matthew Kuhnemann from international duties.

Marsh Sheffield Shield

Queensland v South Australia

The Gabba, Thurs - Sun, 10am start daily

Free admission, enter via Gate 5, Vulture St

Queensland Bulls

Jimmy Peirson (c)

Xavier Bartlett

Max Bryant

Joe Burns

Jack Clayton

Sam Heazlett

Michael Neser

Gurinder Sandhu

Jackson Sinfield

Mark Steketee

Bryce Street

Jack Wildermuth

(12th man to be named)

Aryan Jain broken finger and out.

Cricket has gone full weird.

Bulls need 63 to win.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • broncsgoat
  • FACTHUNT
  • Financeguy
  • Allo
  • Fitzy
  • kiwi2
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Robboi_321
  • Brocko
  • Tmac
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.