Queensland Cricket 2019/2020

Neser gets 4 including Conway for a duck. Take that you flog

We just cannot bat well consistently. Every scorecard looks the same. Starts everywhere and maybe one guy getting 50+

Would it be tempting to swap out Head for Henriques this series?

Would it be tempting to swap out Head for Henriques this series?

With the form of our top 5 it would actually make sense to bring in Neser for Head imo, we can probably survive with the slightly lesser batting depth, but the added bowling of Neser would be huge for giving more rest to the pace attack.

Really disappointing top of the table clash, Bulls will scrap together a lead of 90-100 and NSW will get it three or four down I would say.

That collapse on day one coast us big time. Terrible way to go to the break.

If you were going to play him and use his skills, have to be 'Gabba or Hobart maybe Sydney after yesterday but that was hard work.

He won't get anything at Melbourne or Perth.

Edit: MCG 3 wickets at 74, Sydney 3 wickets at 60- before yesterday.

Gabba 63 wickets at 19
Hobart 16 wickets at 17

Optus Stadium is only one game but he got two wickets. I'd be worried he'd suffer Sayer's fate if they picked him.

Last edited:
If you were going to play him and use his skills, have to be 'Gabba or Hobart maybe Sydney after yesterday but that was hard work.

Gabba 63 wickets at 19
Hobart 16 wickets at 17

Optus Stadium is only one game but he got two wickets. I'd be worried he'd suffer Sayer's fate if they picked him.

That would have been the ideal scenario, but you can’t rely on CA to do anything these days. I just want to see him get a go, because while we’ve had Burns and Labs, Cutting and Hartley getting overlooked when they should’ve gotten caps still hurts.

it’s always nice to see a bowler for us and we haven’t had one since Ryno

That would have been the ideal scenario, but you can’t rely on CA to do anything these days. I just want to see him get a go, because while we’ve had Burns and Labs, Cutting and Hartley getting overlooked when they should’ve gotten caps still hurts.

it’s always nice to see a bowler for us and we haven’t had one since Ryno

Ryno and Johnno were absolute guns though at their peak. Neser is really good but nowhere near their levels.

When was Labs overlooked? First Ashes test?

Ryno and Johnno were absolute guns though at their peak. Neser is really good but nowhere near their levels.

When was Labs overlooked? First Ashes test?

Sorry I didn’t separate Burns and Labs properly from the other guys that were overlooked when form demanded selection. Didn’t mean they have been (although Burns could’ve still been part of that group at times)

1/42 game over

How much does Stanlake’s 4 not out boost his average? lol

I remember the Cutting omission like it was yesterday. Crazy to think at one point in time, he had a better case for selection than Starc. I'm happy to say the selectors got it right on that occassion.

I remember the Cutting omission like it was yesterday. Crazy to think at one point in time, he had a better case for selection than Starc. I'm happy to say the selectors got it right on that occassion.

Hindsight is 20/20 though.

his form demanded selection, if only for the Gabba Test

not making the sliding doors argument that Cutting would’ve been better long-term than Starc btw

Last edited:
It's safe to say though that Cutting wouldn't have gone onto have the career Starc has. You're not wrong about Cutting being the form option, but Starc has certainly repaid the faith.

It's safe to say though that Cutting wouldn't have gone onto have the career Starc has. You're not wrong about Cutting being the form option, but Starc has certainly repaid the faith.

haha just edited to basically say that. Very different players in the end, and Starc was far younger. In that sense, and knowing how he’s gone, it was obviously the ‘right’ call

Gabba 63 wickets at 19
Hobart 16 wickets at 17

What’s the Perth wicket been like this season? I thought it was really good for the Test last year, hopefully something similar this week.

Every season its sposed to be the WACA of the 1970 / 80s again .According to WA folks .
Every season it disappoints . Jeez those WA folks think we are easily fooled .

Active Now

• Redux
  • bazza
  • Spoon
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Johnny92
  • Galah
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.