Q-CUP Queensland Cup 2021

I wanted to see a replay of the onside again, I thought Molo was off-side on the initial kick and may have even been down-town. It's all yesterdays newspaper but just an interesting note I'm curious to go back and see.

Just caught a replay on reddit and there was absolutely no dramas. There were a few players in front of the kick but they stayed out of the play and Molo stayed out of it.

Fucking hell, a full Broncos first grade backline with Cobbo, Mead, Hooters, Arthars and Kennar, plus Robati in the forwards couldn't beat a side with a single Bronco discard Danny Levi. Cobbo stood out as looking dangerous but his dick fingers ultimately cost the Seagulls the game.

I think The Seagulls backs were generally great, outside of handling errors. They were making huge metres out of their own half, it was just the halves that were wasting all the good work. The end of set options and general organising was atrocious but that isn’t the fault of the backs.

Robati had a good game too.

I think The Seagulls backs were generally great, outside of handling errors. They were making huge metres out of their own half, it was just the halves that were wasting all the good work. The end of set options and general organising was atrocious but that isn’t the fault of the backs.

Robati had a good game too.
Exactly, for mine, where WM lost it was in the halves and their 5th play options. Their attacking and long kicking was poor, despite the wind in the second half, not once did they look for a 40-20 and when they were attacking norths line, they appeared to have no plan. Basically anything threatening was coming straight from berrell and individual efforts.

I felt for cobbo because nothing was happening for WM and I think he felt he had to score or create every time he touched the ball so went for too many low percentage plays.

For mine, I have cobbo starting isc at fullback next year. I think he will be better served developing his game here. His support play was lacking yesterday and had he been around the ruck more I think he could have taken advantage of some of the breaks/half-breaks WM were making in the middle of the field.

Nui seems to have improved his support game and seems to have a better passing and short kicking game at this time, but I dont think it will be long until cobbo becomes the number one. The broncos will just have to adapt their game to a powerful running fullback rather than a ball player when that occurs.

Exactly, for mine, where WM lost it was in the halves and their 5th play options. Their attacking and long kicking was poor, despite the wind in the second half, not once did they look for a 40-20 and when they were attacking norths line, they appeared to have no plan. Basically anything threatening was coming straight from berrell and individual efforts.

I felt for cobbo because nothing was happening for WM and I think he felt he had to score or create every time he touched the ball so went for too many low percentage plays.

For mine, I have cobbo starting isc at fullback next year. I think he will be better served developing his game here. His support play was lacking yesterday and had he been around the ruck more I think he could have taken advantage of some of the breaks/half-breaks WM were making in the middle of the field.

Nui seems to have improved his support game and seems to have a better passing and short kicking game at this time, but I dont think it will be long until cobbo becomes the number one. The broncos will just have to adapt their game to a powerful running fullback rather than a ball player when that occurs.

Scarlett being off his game had a massive impact on Cobbo, that's one of the frontiers for him to conquer, he was getting it towards the end of the year and learning to read halves and feed off them but it wasn't happening at all yesterday so he had to go get his own ball and then he made mistakes.

Support play and all those things are improved by being able to understand the game. He has a very fundamental understanding of the game.

Cobbo's passing improved his second stint in ISC. His two try assists were in the last round and prelim final.

The breakdown of receipts and passing/running was 77 passes/230 times he touched the ball in 10 games.

Two try assists is certainly an area to improve but I think halves will help him- just not yesterday.

Brad Henderson new Falcons coach.
Kim Williams new Cutters HOF.

Courier name their top eight ISC players ready for NRL.

Howarth- Tigers/Storm.
Hoeter- Wynnum
Fuller-Bears/Titans
Mam-Souths/Broncos
James-Souths/Broncos
Stuckey-Pride/Bulldogs
Price-Blackhawks/Cowboys
Nakubuwai- Norths

Nothing new there but least they're giving it a bit of thought even if it is late.

Howarth- Tigers/Storm.
Hoeter- Wynnum
Fuller-Bears/Titans
Mam-Souths/Broncos
James-Souths/Broncos
Stuckey-Pride/Bulldogs
Price-Blackhawks/Cowboys
Nakubuwai- Norths

Nothing new there but least they're giving it a bit of thought even if it is late.

I can definitely see Howarth and Hoeter running out for the Dolphins round 1, 2023.

I thought Hoeter was on a train and trial deal with us?

Yes train and trial deal, doesn't even mean he has a contract for '22, just means he gets a chance to train for a few weeks of preseason.

I can definitely see Howarth and Hoeter running out for the Dolphins round 1, 2023.

Hoeter will be 30 by then, it's unlikely he is playing NRL. Howarth while I think he's talented is still unknown, he had hamstring problems all this year and played no football-five games in the centre and I am still unsure why they are mucking around with him at centre. He's a backrow and that's where he played for Queensland and Australia- Storm will be trying to find out in '22 where he is best suited. He's a great bench option. I can't see them letting him ago until they have solved some unanswered questions.

Howarth- Tigers/Storm.
Hoeter- Wynnum
Fuller-Bears/Titans
Mam-Souths/Broncos
James-Souths/Broncos
Stuckey-Pride/Bulldogs
Price-Blackhawks/Cowboys
Nakubuwai- Norths

The CM listed Hoeter as Broncos contracted as well

Ben Te-Kura got Norths' MM player of the year.

He's so tall and such a specimen I think Broncos SC and would love to get hold of him this off-season.

Started the year with injuries so did well to recover and be a bright light in the Alf Trophy.

Bit like Willison last year, he makes his tackles somehow despite his frame not really being suited to defence.

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • Xzei
  • Footy Fanatic
  • kiwi2
  • Harry Sack
  • Big Del
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • Cavalo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  • Adammacca
  • BruiserMk1
  • Gaz
  • IceWorks
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.