Q-CUP Queensland Cup 2021

J James signed with Souths. Seems the Broncos have moved him on but I don’t understand that. He showed enough this year to give him another two years and he’d get a gig somewhere else in a squad you’d think. I like him as a player.

I don't get that either, he has all the hallmarks of an organising halfback, what are they thinking?

I don't get that either, he has all the hallmarks of an organising halfback, what are they thinking?

Souths claim it’s with them; two years after being Qld U19 captain and MM player of the year you can’t resign yourself to I’ll play ISC. Surely.

J James signed with Souths. Seems the Broncos have moved him on but I don’t understand that. He showed enough this year to give him another two years and he’d get a gig somewhere else in a squad you’d think. I like him as a player.
James seemed to me like a player that was mature above his age which made him a good organising half in younger groups but when playing with men that ability didn’t stand out as much and his natural skill set started to look pretty limited.

That being said though, he might still develop and there doesn’t seem to be many other halfbacks in the pipeline. His kicking game was starting to look quite impressive.

Maybe the club knows they have 3 years to replace Reynolds and don’t want to waste time on James if he isn’t going to cut it.

I dunno, seems weird to give up on both Tass and James.

James seemed to me like a player that was mature above his age which made him a good organising half in younger groups but when playing with men that ability didn’t stand out as much and his natural skill set started to look pretty limited.

That being said though, he might still develop and there doesn’t seem to be many other halfbacks in the pipeline.

Maybe the club knows they have 3 years to replace Reynolds and don’t want to waste time on James if he isn’t going to cut it.

I agree with all of that though I can kind of understand with Tass because we have Staggs, Niu, Lee, Cobbo and Farnworth, so he is a number of injuries away from a start but James (to me anyway) seems to be the perfect apprentice to learn off Reynolds and to be honest, I didn't think he looked out of place in Q Cup at all, his kicking game in particular was pretty impressive, just needs to stop putting his temple in front of the hip bones of forwards.

I agree with all of that though I can kind of understand with Tass because we have Staggs, Niu, Lee, Cobbo and Farnworth, so he is a number of injuries away from a start but James (to me anyway) seems to be the perfect apprentice to learn off Reynolds and to be honest, I didn't think he looked out of place in Q Cup at all, his kicking game in particular was pretty impressive, just needs to stop putting his temple in front of the hip bones of forwards.
The club has been getting everything right lately so I can only assume someone even better is coming through. 🤷‍♂️

That being said though, he might still develop and there doesn’t seem to be many other halfbacks in the pipeline. His kicking game was starting to look quite impressive.

Tass makes sense.

The club has been getting everything right lately so I can only assume someone even better is coming through. 🤷‍♂️
Yeah you'd have to think so.

James started looking ok in qcup this year, but maybe they dont see his ceiling as all that high or maybe they have a young guy coming through that they're keen on.

Moving forward we should know that we cant hang onto everyone so if we think his ceiling is slightly above average then that's the club making a call rather than FOMO and trying to hang onto everyone... like we have in the past

James started looking ok in qcup this year, but maybe they dont see his ceiling as all that high or maybe they have a young guy coming through that they're keen on.

Moving forward we should know that we cant hang onto everyone so if we think his ceiling is slightly above average then that's the club making a call rather than FOMO and trying to hang onto everyone... like we have in the past

That young number 6 for Wynnum in Hastings-Colts? looked an absolute gun in the making, hope we make a play for him if he isn't already with us.

Players like James aren't taking up cap space; no need to move them yet. This is the one time you can sit back and have a good look.

That's only one half of the strange, it's pretty rare a player doesn't get straight on the phone and their manager get them a development gig or top 30 gig at another club. All 16 clubs can't not want the Queensland captain.

I’m worried he has missed out on top 30 but even then he still has to sign isc so he can play if still on t&t deal

Either that or he might already have a handshake deal with Redcliffe for '23.

I’m worried he has missed out on top 30 but even then he still has to sign isc so he can play if still on t&t deal

I fear his ship has sailed, he may deserve more than seven NRL games but at 28 the chances are slim. Nat Neale deserves more than one NRL game and is the best forward in the ISC and can't get a gig anywhere.

They are too narrow in their view and give up on players too early- Capewell hasn't taught them too much I am afraid.

Truth is if you weren't interested in a 25 year old Hoeter scoring three tries for Queensland why are you going to be interested in a 28 year old?

Last year he spent the year playing rugby for the Gold Coast when the ISC was stopped. No one came knocking and he hasn't done anything this year he hasn't been doing since 2016 at Townsville.

Harrison Graham re-signed with Wynnum- so signed to Wynnum, training with Brisbane going to Dolphins.

Manager is the hardest working bloke in the game.

Harrison Graham re-signed with Wynnum- so signed to Wynnum, training with Brisbane going to Dolphins.

Manager is the hardest working bloke in the game.
I saw something the other day about Graham having an option in his favour to stay with broncos in 23 if he gets offered a contract by the broncoa

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Xzei
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jedhead
  • kiwibronco
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.