Q-CUP Queensland Cup 2021

I don't get that either, he has all the hallmarks of an organising halfback, what are they thinking?
Can you name a good halfback who isn't an "organizing halfback?" I reckon that compound is a pleonasm.

Alf. Fantastic half, but wouldn’t want him organising my side.
He was captain. I'd call that an organizing role. He's also regarded as one of the best "playmakers" of all time. If you're "making plays," you're organizing.

Milford wasn't an "organizing half" because he was a shit half. He played halfback like a fullback, and that only worked when everyone else picked up the slack.

I saw something the other day about Graham having an option in his favour to stay with broncos in 23 if he gets offered a contract by the broncoa
The dude isn’t retarted under no circumstances did he sign with Redcliffe for a development contract before his first day of broncos training just in case he can’t get in the top 30. I reckon with only 2 hookers currently and Turps leaving he probably could get into with his versatility.

He was captain. I'd call that an organizing role. He's also regarded as one of the best "playmakers" of all time. If you're "making plays," you're organizing.

Milford wasn't an "organizing half" because he was a shit half. He played halfback like a fullback, and that only worked when everyone else picked up the slack.

Alf wasn’t a great communicator and did things himself a lot. His try assists would have been low. He was a classic backyard player.

Stuart is what I would count as an organising half. Kevvie did it for the Broncos.

Alf wasn’t a great communicator and did things himself a lot. His try assists would have been low. He was a classic backyard player.

Stuart is what I would count as an organising half. Kevvie did it for the Broncos.
I agree that he used to go himself - a little too much - but I can't agree he couldn't organize plays. He was always pointing, long passing and grubbering for other players. He was mainly instinctive, but still a playmaking genius.

Two minutes of this will close my case:

Just because you're not the half that does the most organizing doesn't mean you can't organize play. The cliche about Milford was he had to be allowed to "play his own game" because any form of organization or leadership stressed him out too much, or something. If your two halves and hooker can't organize play to some extent, and your fullback can't create something out of nothing when returning the ball, your side is half arsed. And that's been our problem for years.

I agree that he used to go himself - a little too much - but I can't agree he couldn't organize plays. He was always pointing, long passing and grubbering for other players. He was mainly instinctive, but still a playmaking genius.

Two minutes of this will close my case:

Just because you're not the half that does the most organizing doesn't mean you can't organize play. The cliche about Milford was he had to be allowed to "play his own game" because any form of organization or leadership stressed him out too much, or something. If your two halves and hooker can't organize play to some extent, and your fullback can't create something out of nothing when returning the ball, your side is half arsed. And that's been our problem for years.

I watched every game of Alf’s from 85 to when he retired the 12th time. He will tell you he wasn’t a great organiser or communicator.

You just wanted the ball in his hands.

Gebbie back in ISC with Townsville.

10 tries in 15 games for the Hunters in 2018
19 tries in 22 games for Wynnum in 2019.

Gebbie back in ISC with Townsville.

10 tries in 15 games for the Hunters in 2018
19 tries in 22 games for Wynnum in 2019.

What do you think hasnt worked for him at Souths and the Tigers mate? Just the wrong clubs for him? I reckon he would be a star if he moved to Superleague tbh.

What do you think hasnt worked for him at Souths and the Tigers mate? Just the wrong clubs for him? I reckon he would be a star if he moved to Superleague tbh.
Maybe he is just another Luke Capewell. Great in ISC and NSW Cup but cant make the next step up. You have to remember, you can get away with a bit more in second grade with regards to the little things that are expected of you in first grade. You can score bulk tries but they wont pick you in first grade if your giving away just as many with bad defensive play and aren't helping out the team coming out of your own end.

I don't think it's ability, he's a hell of an athlete but things haven't been too kind to him either- Souths had to cut him due to Covid then goes home, comes back, picked up again by the Hunters but doesn't play, picked up by the Tigers doesn't play.

It hasn't been a good two years to be trying to break through, those fringe guys have had a rough time.

I have always wondered why since 2014 more Hunters haven't made the move up, I am not too sure what the reason is, for every Olam there seems to be 10 Gebbies.

Townsville might be a good break for him- can play ISC, under the Cowboys nose.

Maybe he is just another Luke Capewell. Great in ISC and NSW Cup but cant make the next step up. You have to remember, you can get away with a bit more in second grade with regards to the little things that are expected of you in first grade. You can score bulk tries but they wont pick you in first grade if your giving away just as many with bad defensive play and aren't helping out the team coming out of your own end.

He averaged over 200m a game and 170 tackle breaks and 23 line breaks, 35 offloads- 399 runs for 4546m in 22 games, Wynnum made the Grand FInal and he put in 169m and two line breaks.

He worked hard that year. He certainly didn't shirk his work.

He only played in the magpies ron massey side , their cup side was pretty good and he didnt get a look in .

Active Now

• Xzei
  • FACTHUNT
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.